Describe your playing style ! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 03:13 PM   #46
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Describe your playing style !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Forehand: Has it's good days and then has it's bad days It can be really good, or it can not and then I just get it in the court, but even then I try to do it aggressively I think with good placement.
Backhand: My favorite and best shot. I love hitting it flat, flat and flatter Can hit winners cross court, down-the-line, and inside out, just love it. Try to dictate with that one mostly.
Movement: Fast, can get to a lot. I like running
Volleys: Can have it's good days, but mostly bad days
Serve: Up and down. Majority of the time, I just spin it in so I don't have to do a second serve, but I can hit a good flat first serve.

I try to be the aggressor on the baseline, but at the same time when over powered I can be kind of like a counter puncher who waits for the opening to then be aggressive, so I have more patience with my shots then I would if I was the aggressor.
You're Venus circa '98/99
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #47
country flag Aaron.
She's coming for your faves wigs

Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute Aaron. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
Wow, good luck!

I guess the review I gave my game yesterday was me living naively in the past. I played doubles for the first team of my tennis club for the first time ever today and it was definitely an eye-opener. Everything was just so sloppy; my serve wasn't anywhere near as powerful as it usually is, I had problems with my toss also, my footwork was awful, I hadn't faced such a hard serve in so long and I just literally couldn't return the serves over the net, my volleys were terrible and the yips on my backhand were still there. The only saving grace was my forehand but even then I was being so lazy and doing the whip-around Nadal-like forehand rather than getting my feet into position and doing my proper technique.

I guess the one thing I can be pleased with is the fact that I didn't trash my racket and then take my partner's and break it too. He was even worse, he served a game with 4 DFs in a row beginning to end (and his serve is his strength).

It was so frustrating but I guess it really is just a wakeup call for me to start going to the gym again, fixing my diet and also sorting out all the problems in my game. A lot of it is down to my fitness and footwork though as I hadn't been able to exercise for like a year so if any of you guys know any good footwork/fitness drills or indeed any other tips and methods related to tennis then feel free to share them! I need all the help I can get.
Well I am no fitness expert but here are some things my coach tells me to do at home

Jump Rope - Try doing this for five minutes straight. If you cant work your way up..
Sit Ups - Do 100 each night they help with your core
Squats - Do 50 each night they help with your legs and thighs b/c you need to bend your knees for each shot you hit

You can also youtube some good tennis excerises/drills
Aaron. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #48
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Inept.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #49
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Errr... Not really Fair enough I can't serve at a regular basis at 125mph then, but I can do it! Call me a liar if u want, I don't really give a shit to be honest! There are loads of guys who can serve at 125+mph even some guys who are like 16 yet they are not even pros, shows how much u know about the ATP...
Sure pal, but if you could serve 125mph you wouldn't be wasting your time on this message board, you would be working hard everyday to become a professional tennis player.

And at your comment about ATP. It's pretty ironic, considering your comments in this thread it's you who only follows ATP so you can fawn over some men. Try watching for the tennis and then get back to me and tell me I'm only a "women's tennis fan".
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #50
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Sure pal, but if you could serve 125mph you wouldn't be wasting your time on this message board, you would be working hard everyday to become a professional tennis player.
Errr... No! That's what you think, and I do practice a lot to be become a better player...

Quote:
And at your comment about ATP. It's pretty ironic, considering your comments in this thread it's you who only follows ATP so you can fawn over some men. Try watching for the tennis and then get back to me and tell me I'm only a "women's tennis fan".
Wow, ur some deluded clown! Do you actually know how many guys out there under 20 can serve at 125+mph and not be a professional? Well since ur a huge moron I'm sure u don't!

Try watching for the tennis? I follow the ATP tour as close as can get and of course I watch for the tennis u clown!

Last edited by Certinfy : Apr 24th, 2010 at 05:27 PM.
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #51
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute

...and just to sum up all of ur posts insulting me, practically what you're saying is that if ur a guy who can serve at 125mph you have to be a professional.

You know what, that made my dad, has to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard, ever!
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #52
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

I have a shitty serve. Not I dont put it short so its not that attackable but it aint a weapon by no means.

My volleys are unremarkable, they pass for most easy volleys, not so strong on volleys above my head.

On to my strokes, I have a weird range. Sometimes I play double handed with my left on the base of the racket. My double forehand isnt much of a weapon unless given the chance but its very reliable and I cant put massive topspin on it. My double backhand is probably my 2nd best shot I can put it anywhere, and its a big shot. I can put a lot of power on it myself, and if they hit a big shot to that side my backhand often absorbs the power and sends it back even harder. My double game is great for defensive minded players, Im so patient and easily control the rallies, never rush it, and wait for my opportunity.

My one handed game is my power game. My forehand is kindve like Soderlinga. Big, loopy swing, and hit it anywhere and deep, but I struggle against defensive players with it, if they hit a low short midcourt ball back, Im in trouble. One handed backhand is good. Not good for DTL but I have a wicked crosscourt if given the angle, but sometimes it breaks down a bit.

I have great footwork, I can get nearly anythng back within my range, and Im also great at moving side to side. One problem though is Im often slow to mishits that land short, strangely I have no problem getting to dropshots.

Mental strength is a bit part of my game. I always believe I can win, even when Im down 5-1 and playing like crap.

Last edited by Ferg : Apr 24th, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Ferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #53
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...and just to sum up all of ur posts insulting me, practically what you're saying is that if ur a guy who can serve at 125mph you have to be a professional.

You know what, that made my dad, has to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard, ever!
What a waste of space. You clearly don't even play tennis at all. The best college players can barely touch 125mph and you expect us to believe that you can do it on a regular basis.

You can say "I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT TENNIS SO YOU ARE A MORON" all you want but I think the only person on your side is...yourself. Lonely? Well you won't be lonely on my ignore list, because that's where you're going.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #54
country flag Certinfy

Me a waste of space? Ok dude I've heard that ur one of TF's biggest morons, so I'll take that as a compliment

Actually I do I said afterwards that I can do it every now and then Maybe not consistently then but I can do it quite a lot. And the best college players can't do that? Well you know not everyone needs to have a good serve to become a pro

I'm the only person on my side? Keep on carrying on this, I'm having a good laugh at this. I'm pretty sure loads of people agree with me when guys can serve at 125+ without being a pro, it seems u have a shit serve you mug! Hence I don't know if you're blind but someone in this thread already agreed with me Go to Specsavers u moron!

Your ignore list? Like I give a fucking shit, u make it sound like bad. Ever considered getting help dude? Seems like you need it.

You're just too funny dude, u deserve a medal or something, that's how good u r with this BS of u need to be a pro to serve at 125mph Makes me laugh every time I think of it.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #55
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

let's just whatever this.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #56
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
You're Venus circa '98/99
we want a picture of Uranium with beads.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #57
country flag toby345

toby345 has a brilliant future toby345 has a brilliant future toby345 has a brilliant future toby345 has a brilliant future toby345 has a brilliant future toby345 has a brilliant future toby345 has a brilliant future toby345 has a brilliant future toby345 has a brilliant future toby345 has a brilliant future toby345 has a brilliant future

Forehand: My absolute favorite shot My best friend ever But sometimes it's just horribly off. I can shank my forehand shots just like Sam Stosur . I like to hit it flat and hard. But as a born clay courter I can play top spin and heavy angles too.

Backhand: Ehhh My least favorite shot.. I got a one handed backhand and did not have much stability there until this spring. It's getting better with the time. My top spin backhand is the problem. Slice is good.

Volleys: Well almost as disliked as my backhand Were shitty until 1 year ago or so. They are not solid though. I don't like the net game anyway, so no big deal.

Serve: Good first serve because of my height. Second serve is something like a problem. Too many double faults, but I'm working on it. Practicing kick serves for the second serve.

Style: Aggressive baseliner. Want to hit winner or force errors. Can switch into counterpuncher because of my clay court experience. But indoor and hard court tennis suits my game better.
toby345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #58
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Me a waste of space? Ok dude I've heard that ur one of TF's biggest morons, so I'll take that as a compliment

Actually I do I said afterwards that I can do it every now and then Maybe not consistently then but I can do it quite a lot. And the best college players can't do that? Well you know not everyone needs to have a good serve to become a pro

I'm the only person on my side? Keep on carrying on this, I'm having a good laugh at this. I'm pretty sure loads of people agree with me when guys can serve at 125+ without being a pro, it seems u have a shit serve you mug! Hence I don't know if you're blind but someone in this thread already agreed with me Go to Specsavers u moron!

Your ignore list? Like I give a fucking shit, u make it sound like bad. Ever considered getting help dude? Seems like you need it.

You're just too funny dude, u deserve a medal or something, that's how good u r with this BS of u need to be a pro to serve at 125mph Makes me laugh every time I think of it.
Sorry but I have to agree with iPatty here. If you can really regularly serve at 125, then you must be training to go pro. If you meant you can hit 125 m/h without any thought/direction/aim, then that was pretty ignorant Who can't like that?
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #59
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem. View Post
Sorry but I have to agree with iPatty here. If you can really regularly serve at 125, then you must be training to go pro. If you meant you can hit 125 m/h without any thought/direction/aim, then that was pretty ignorant Who can't like that?
Of course I meant without direction and aim, when I'm going for direction and aim I normally hit around the 100 mark Sorry for all this confusion then I'm like a mindless server and ballbasher
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #60
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

I play a lot like Ana Ivanovic really. I've got a big serve and forehand (I can hit it, at my hardest...115 mph...the serve, I mean), and I use my forehand to really work people over. I've got a good backhand though, and it's much more precise than the forehand is, but the forehand will win me a lot more points.

I've got good movement, stamina, and strength. I'm a guy, a little under 5'11", so not short but not usually a male tennis player height from what I can tell. I could definitely work on stamina some more, though, and more physical strength in the arms.

Touch....it depends on how good I'm feeling on the day. There are moments where I can hit any dropshot anywhere and volley beautifully, and there are moments where I can butcher the game of tennis in terms of touch.

I've got a good mentality for the sport, as I don't get down on myself when I'm hitting errors or double fault or something like that. It takes me having done that over an entire match to get me truly frustrated.

I love playing on red and green clay, then hard courts, then grass (weird for an American, right?). The clay brings the ball up into my favorite strike zone, and I can hit through clay a lot more than other people.

If there's things I need to work on, is direction of serve (I can't get it to move on some occasions), when to not go for shots (I get a little trigger happy), and deciding when net play can enhance a rally (I have good volleys, I just don't use them as much).
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote