Nicole now retired :sobbing: - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 03:15 AM   #1
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Nicole now retired :sobbing:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=404313

I hope it's not true

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 03:22 AM   #2
country flag Jaffas85

Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light Jaffas85 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Nicole to retire after Miami?

why would she go to the trouble of attaining a main draw wildcard for Miami to then announce several weeks later that she is going to retire?

Doesn't make sense.

Even though her results have been average since at least the beginning of 2009 she's still only 20 so she's too young to give it away completely.

Maybe it could be a good idea if she took a 12 month hiatus to mentally refresh.
Jaffas85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 03:38 AM   #3
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever her decision, I hope it is what makes her happy.
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 04:27 AM   #4
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Nicole is officially done
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....8&postcount=60

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #5
country flag hellas719

Re: Nicole now retired :sobbing:

I'm gonna committ suicide

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #6
country flag hellas719

This can't be true

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #7
country flag hellas719

Please Nicole, don't do this to us!

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #8
country flag hellas719

You can do it, Nicole! I believe in you!

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 04:29 AM   #9
country flag hellas719

I just don't understand this...she was making a lot of progress too
But I know she'll be back someday, there's NO WAY that she'll be done for good. She's SO talented

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 05:50 AM   #10
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

be happy Nicole, I have nothing to say, fuck off tennis now
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #11
country flag andrewbroad
Team WTAworld

andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute andrewbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Nicole Vaidišová retires at 20

I was gutted when I saw the following article at tennisreporters . net:
>>>
Nicole Vaidišová Retires At 20 (Monday 15th March 2010)

Former world No.7 and two-time Major semi-finalist Nicole Vaidišová has retired at the age 20, sources told TennisReporters . net. She's scheduled to marry Czech player Radek Štěpánek in July.

Despite a huge amount of talent, the powerful and temperamental Vaidišová really hit the skids in the past two years, and will end her career ranked No.176 after taking a second-round loss in Memphis last month. She just informed the tournament in Miami that she's turning down a wild card, and pulled out of all her events the rest of the year.

A winner of six WTA titles, Vaidišová reached the semi-finals of the 2006 French Open and 2007 Australian Open before beginning to lose her desire, and battling with her stepfather and coach: Aleš Kodat. She went 11:17 in 2009, and didn't respond to either encouragement or stern words from her friends and family. She couldn't contend with losing, no longer had the desire to compete hard, and began to dislike the sport.
<<<

Sources: Vaidišová retires at age 20, will marry (Monday 15th March 2010)
http://www.tennis.com/ticker/index.aspx
>>>
Sources say that Nicole Vaidišová has retired at the age 20, and will marry fellow Czech player Radek Štěpánek in July.

A former top-ten player and winner of six WTA titles, the big-hitting Vaidišová reached the semi-finals of the 2006 French Open and 2007 Australian Open before falling on hard times.

She went 11:17 in 2009, and will end her career ranked No.176 – well below her career high of No.7 in May 2007. She is said to have tired of losing, and lacks the desire to grind her way back.—Matthew Cronin
<<<

My reaction:

To lose a member of my Eternal Fanship at just 20 is devastating, as 20 is still 'young' in tennis-terms. Nicole is actually still the youngest member of my Eternal Fanship (even though I've inducted three more players since I inducted Nicole), and has the potential for an amazing career.

Nicole's huge serve and forehand were – and could be again – two of the biggest weapons I've ever seen in women's tennis. She was also impressively versatile, and had a brilliant ability to improvise. When she reached the semi-finals of the French Open 2006 by beating Amélie Mauresmo and Venus Williams back to back, I thought she was a tremendous fighter with inner belief and inner fire.

Nicole was one of the most precocious youngsters in tennis-history, winning two WTA singles-titles when she was only 15, three more at 16, and her sixth – and sadly last – at 17. She also reached her two Major semi-finals at 17.

Sadly, Nicole lost the plot two years ago, often looking like her mind was a million miles away from the court. Starting with a truly shocking 6-4 6-0 loss to the then-unheralded Alisa Kleybanova at Miami 2008, she embarked on a slump that looked like it was going to be of Jelena Dokić proportions – except that Nicole has decided to pull the plug before reaching the bottom and rising again. Well, Jelena actually decided to retire in 2007, but changed her mind four weeks later.

Nicole's 2010 campaign started with first-round losses at ITF Lutz and ITF Midland. She then actually won a main-draw match on the WTA Tour, beating Laura Granville 6-4 6-2 in the first round of Memphis, and losing 4-6 6-1 6-3 to Kaia Kanepi in the second round.

Nicole's last match was a 4-6 7-6 (12/10) 7-6 (7/4) loss to 17-year-old US Open Girls' Singles champion Heather Watson in the first round of ITF Hammond. Nicole's current ranking is #176, but looks set to drop out of the top 256 as her third-round points from Indian Wells and Miami 2009 come off.

With so many players coming back after announcing their retirements – Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin, Martina Hingis, Kimiko Date Krumm, Alicia Molik – I can only hope that Nicole will join them in the future (perhaps under the name Nicole Štěpánková). Perhaps she needs a long break from tennis right now, but she's got so many tennis-years ahead of her, and it would be a tragic shame to waste her phenomenal talent forever.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
My Eternal Fanship: 1. Monica Seles; 2. Мария Шарапова (‘Maria Sharapova’); 3. Daniela Hantuchová; 4. Jelena Dokić; 5. Iva Majoli; 6. Karina Habšudová; 7. Вера Звонарёва (‘Vera Zvonarëva’); 8. Nicole Vaidišová; 9. Анна Чакветадзе (‘Anna Chakvetadze’); 10. Lucie Šafářová; 11. Ирода Туляганова (‘Iroda Tulyaganova’); 12. Magdaléna Rybáriková; 13. Sabine Lisicki
andrewbroad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #12
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

When I said marrying Radek might prove to be the final nail in the coffin of her tennis career, I didn't mean it so literally. I certainly didn't expect it to happen so quickly.

She's till so young. I just hope her time away from the game will give her some motivation to make a REAL comeback later on.
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 08:42 AM   #13
Vaidisova Ruled

Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future Vaidisova Ruled has a brilliant future

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

“They are definitely a good example of how local communities can overcome the ‘victim syndrome,’ take greater control over their lives and build productive futures for themselves,” Ms. Sharapova said - UN Goodwill Ambassador
Vaidisova Ruled is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #14
country flag tiffanykatya.

tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of tiffanykatya. has much to be proud of

tiffanykatya. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #15
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Is this for real? . Everyone comes back these days, maybe she can come back some time. I don't want to believe it. How can this be happening...
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote