The Anna Smashnova Cheering Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 06:13 PM   #1
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
The Anna Smashnova Cheering Thread

omg you guys. i feel terrible. imagine me forgetting to do this! well, we had an off week, so i forgot - yeah, we'll go w/ that

[1]Capriati vs bye
Shaughnessy vs Qualifier
Rubin vs Schett
Bedanova vs Hantuchova [8]

[4]Henin vs bye
Qualifier vs Qualifier
Dementieva vs Coetzer
Sanchez-Vicario vs Hingis [7]

[5]Mauresmo vs Rittner
Maleeva vs Kremer
Panova vs Farina Elia
bye vs Dokic [3]

[6]Clijsters vs Myskina
Qualifier vs Majoli
Smashnova vs Schnyder
bye vs Davenport[2]

ok, well, unfortunately (and maybe this is my pessimism or just my fantacism about lindsay) i doubt anna's going places this tournament. yeah, patty's another clay player who, unlike maggie, is not great on carpet, but then we see lindsay looming in the second round. renowned (until quite possibly last week, or for some of us, still) as one of the best indoors players right now, lindsay is not on par, but is close to getting there. i can definitely see anna getting by schnyder. but barely. not to be cruel, but anna's best surface is
clay. in order, that'd be clay, clay, clay, then hardcourt. forget grass and indoors - the prime opposittes of clay. expect anna to get to round 2, but if hardcourt fed cup was any indication, don't be surprised if she falls in round 2.

im so sorry anna - i hate when by two biggest favorites play again each other. i won't root for either of you i promise

good luck anna

hi everyone (sorry im late )
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Mikey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 07:56 PM   #2
country flag alon222

alon222 is a glorious beacon of light alon222 is a glorious beacon of light alon222 is a glorious beacon of light alon222 is a glorious beacon of light alon222 is a glorious beacon of light alon222 is a glorious beacon of light alon222 is a glorious beacon of light alon222 is a glorious beacon of light alon222 is a glorious beacon of light alon222 is a glorious beacon of light alon222 is a glorious beacon of light
i was suprised when there was no cheering for anna in kremlin cup.
what is with the time?
anna never played so late?
and on carpet!!!!!!
i pray she wiil get into the masters!!!!!!!!!!!!
even magi !!!!!!!

12 TITLES IN 13 FINALES

shahr peer

julia glushko
alon222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2002, 04:20 AM   #3
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
spank@ Mikey j/k

I looked for this before I went to work and thought you were out of town. I still love you.

Well done for Anna to have beaten Patty Schnyder. Was worried about this one because Patty can win when she is really on.

Like you Mike, Lindsay is a big fav of mine too so this will be rough thinking of them playing each other.
Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

"No good deed goes unpunished." - origin unknown
Irish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:14 AM   #4
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thanks for doing this Mike!!

I almost thought you forgot!

well.... great news!!!!

Anna won!!!!! 6-4, 7-5 or the other way around!!!!
Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:50 AM   #5
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of
Good luck Anna against Lindsay
Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2002, 01:48 PM   #6
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
omg - im so excited anna gets a huge win over schnyder. forget who she was playing, she won on carpet - that's so great

good luck against lindsay anna - whoever wins i will most certainly cheer on to win the title

lol @ kerry and aaron - whoops, i promise itll be earlier next week

@ alon, kerry, aaron, and tf-mtl (if you keep coming, we'd like a name so we can wave to you - and we hope you do! the more the merrier )
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:05 AM   #7
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
It's okay Mikey. I only tease the people I like.

So impressed with Anna's victory. I think the last time she played Lindsay was during Fed Cup. Too bad they are both favs of ours and will have to be sad for one of them. The pic of them at the net after the match was priceless. Anna looked like a small child next to Lindsay.

Good luck Anna!!!!!!
Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

"No good deed goes unpunished." - origin unknown
Irish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 07:57 AM   #8
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

!!!! Yeah, it's wonderful Anna won on carpet!

Good luck today Anna!!! She's playing on Court 1!!!
Old Oct 10th, 2002, 12:49 AM   #9
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

well, in an unhappy but unsurprising day, anna lost. it was such a shame b/c i couldn't even root for her. i would NEVER root against her, but i couldn't go for anyone.

don't worry about it anna - shake it off. you did extremely well if you consider the surface (7 game off lindsay! more than fed cup on hard ). good luck in your next tournament
Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:04 AM   #10
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Yeah, I'm really proud of Anna. She's done well considering her record on the surface. Good luck next week Anna!
Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:06 AM   #11
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of
Anna Too bad especially considering you were leading 3-0 in the 1st set...
Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:14 AM   #12
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

She was?! Oh!