Hello, And Im Back - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:47 PM   #76
country flag iainmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,782
iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Hi Macky I've been watching some of the Keothavong match, and I must say I can't see the British Girl winning! I will admit to being a bit of a Gasquet Fan, although I am willing Andy to win their first round match! It's going to be tough going I think, especialy with Ritchie, winning his first tourament yesterday, and playing in front of his home crowd! When do they play, is it Tuesday?
SueI think it could be a classic. Do you know I actually felt sorry for Gasquet that time at Wimbledon. Murray was so outplayed and I have rarely seen a player freeze to the degree Gasquet did when he was on the brink of victory. Well Keothavong was hammered 2 and 2but she is such a nice player to watch I reckon. At the moment some extraordinary stuff going on. Bennetau is hammering Gulbis and I have just noticed that Tsonga is a set down. So what a dramatic first day. And Azarenka outThank god.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:36 PM   #77
country flag chrissiefan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,368
chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
SueI think it could be a classic. Do you know I actually felt sorry for Gasquet that time at Wimbledon. Murray was so outplayed and I have rarely seen a player freeze to the degree Gasquet did when he was on the brink of victory. Well Keothavong was hammered 2 and 2but she is such a nice player to watch I reckon. At the moment some extraordinary stuff going on. Bennetau is hammering Gulbis and I have just noticed that Tsonga is a set down. So what a dramatic first day. And Azarenka outThank god.
I can't beleive Gublis has gone out first round! He was one of my outside tips, and he was in Roger's half of the draw! He'd been playing so well too Glad Azarenka is out, so the news is not all bad!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:49 PM   #78
country flag iainmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,782
iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
I can't beleive Gublis has gone out first round! He was one of my outside tips, and he was in Roger's half of the draw! He'd been playing so well too Glad Azarenka is out, so the news is not all bad!
SueI like Dulko as a player so very glad that she was the one to beat Azarenka. I know it is a shock that Gulbis has gone. I do think that he is not that motivated, could be because of his rich background. Glad for Bennetau, he is a fine player IMO. And I see Tsonga is marching on now in his match against the German. Williams V on against Schnyder and I can see that becoming a classic if Patty is on form. What a talented player she is. Hey did you see Murray is playing tomorrow, third on Chartier. I cant wait, I think it will be a classic. And Baltacha is third on court 7 against Radwanska, that will be tough. Dont know when Katie O Brien is on but she plays Craybass who is 35 so lets hope she can win!!
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:05 PM   #79
country flag chrissiefan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,368
chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
SueI like Dulko as a player so very glad that she was the one to beat Azarenka. I know it is a shock that Gulbis has gone. I do think that he is not that motivated, could be because of his rich background. Glad for Bennetau, he is a fine player IMO. And I see Tsonga is marching on now in his match against the German. Williams V on against Schnyder and I can see that becoming a classic if Patty is on form. What a talented player she is. Hey did you see Murray is playing tomorrow, third on Chartier. I cant wait, I think it will be a classic. And Baltacha is third on court 7 against Radwanska, that will be tough. Dont know when Katie O Brien is on but she plays Craybass who is 35 so lets hope she can win!!
Macky So Andy is on third tomorrow, does play start at Noon? That would make it just in time for the school run, typical!! But if Kelly gets homework, I can watch in peace till tea!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #80
country flag chrissiefan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,368
chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Good Evening Macky! Well he got there in the end! I think we both knew it never was going to be a easy match. Well done to Andy for hanging in there, but I must admit to feeling a bit sorry for Gasquet. He did ask for the extra day, a reasonable request I thought, and one that Andy supported, but was made to play today. I find it strange, that the French didn't support their own player!xxxxxxxxx
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:57 AM   #81
country flag iainmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,782
iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Good Evening Macky! Well he got there in the end! I think we both knew it never was going to be a easy match. Well done to Andy for hanging in there, but I must admit to feeling a bit sorry for Gasquet. He did ask for the extra day, a reasonable request I thought, and one that Andy supported, but was made to play today. I find it strange, that the French didn't support their own player!xxxxxxxxx
Good Morning SueI am glad that Murray won but yes I thought it was bizarre that Roland Garros did not delay the match by another day. However Gasquest has been a little bit of an embarrasment for the French tennis authorities, I suspect if it had been Tsonga or Monfils the delay would have been granted!!!And did you see that farce last night with Fognini and Monfils playing in almost total darkness??Jo Durie and David Mercer sounded astonished and when they showed you what the light was like without tv enhancements I was shocked beyond words!!!!!!
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #82
country flag chrissiefan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,368
chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
Good Morning SueI am glad that Murray won but yes I thought it was bizarre that Roland Garros did not delay the match by another day. However Gasquest has been a little bit of an embarrasment for the French tennis authorities, I suspect if it had been Tsonga or Monfils the delay would have been granted!!!And did you see that farce last night with Fognini and Monfils playing in almost total darkness??Jo Durie and David Mercer sounded astonished and when they showed you what the light was like without tv enhancements I was shocked beyond words!!!!!!
Morning Macky Last night was just shocking! I think the French, have been stung by the criticism that they haven't been supporting their own players, and went overboard tring to put things right! I've gone off Monfils of late, and last night did nothing to change that! I hope Fognini wins, but I bet he won't C'mon Andy and Rafa!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #83
country flag iainmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,782
iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Morning Macky Last night was just shocking! I think the French, have been stung by the criticism that they haven't been supporting their own players, and went overboard tring to put things right! I've gone off Monfils of late, and last night did nothing to change that! I hope Fognini wins, but I bet he won't C'mon Andy and Rafa!
SueI have never been a great fan of Monfils and actually dont think he will ever win at GS level. I was routing for Fognini as well although I have to say I was late getting home yesterday and therefore only saw that match when it reached the farcical dark stage. I see it is raining at the moment, so I am not sure when Murray and Rafa will get on court. What did you make of Kimiko Date beating Safina?Well it is a miserable day up here, started of fine with sun but now dreary rain that is so unappealing!!!!We might have had a BBQ tonight but not now I suspect!!!!
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #84
country flag chrissiefan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,368
chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post


SueI have never been a great fan of Monfils and actually dont think he will ever win at GS level. I was routing for Fognini as well although I have to say I was late getting home yesterday and therefore only saw that match when it reached the farcical dark stage. I see it is raining at the moment, so I am not sure when Murray and Rafa will get on court. What did you make of Kimiko Date beating Safina?Well it is a miserable day up here, started of fine with sun but now dreary rain that is so unappealing!!!!We might have had a BBQ tonight but not now I suspect!!!!
Hi Macky Our BBQ is still on, but it is starting to cloud over Rafa is the last on today, so I can't see him playing, Andy is second on, so if the weather clears, he might be able to finish today, but who know's! I don't see Safina getting back to the top of the women's game, it was a good win for Date, especially as her leg injury looked really painful. Which makes it even more of a surprise that Safina lost, but then she never did have that killer instinct, did she! Nice girl, but she never seems to be enjoying herself, or is that just me?
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #85
country flag iainmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,782
iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Hi Macky Our BBQ is still on, but it is starting to cloud over Rafa is the last on today, so I can't see him playing, Andy is second on, so if the weather clears, he might be able to finish today, but who know's! I don't see Safina getting back to the top of the women's game, it was a good win for Date, especially as her leg injury looked really painful. Which makes it even more of a surprise that Safina lost, but then she never did have that killer instinct, did she! Nice girl, but she never seems to be enjoying herself, or is that just me?
Good Afternoon SueThe way its going dosent look like Murray will get on court let alone Rafa.Still I am enjoying watching old matches on DVD of Jones, King, Evert, Mandlikova, Tegart. So not all bad. I dont think Safina could have got to number one without some sort of killer instinct but I agree Sue that she always looks miserable out there!!!!
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #86
country flag chrissiefan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,368
chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
Good Afternoon SueThe way its going dosent look like Murray will get on court let alone Rafa.Still I am enjoying watching old matches on DVD of Jones, King, Evert, Mandlikova, Tegart. So not all bad. I dont think Safina could have got to number one without some sort of killer instinct but I agree Sue that she always looks miserable out there!!!!
Good Afternoon Macky I think play has just started! But now the bad news, the Rafa and Serena matches have been cancelled for today! If I'm honest, I'm not to upset about missing Serena, but I am about missing Rafa
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #87
country flag iainmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,782
iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Good Afternoon Macky I think play has just started! But now the bad news, the Rafa and Serena matches have been cancelled for today! If I'm honest, I'm not to upset about missing Serena, but I am about missing Rafa
SueThanks for letting me know re that. I will put it back on. I hope this time that it is uninterrupted and we get a good rest of the days play. That is a pity for you re Rafa but gives you a chance to see him tomorrow instead. So are you a fan of the Eurovision then? Its on on Saturday and of course most gay men love it because of the nonsense and flamboyance. I am looking forward to it although I will miss a little bit as away to see Joseph at the theatre. As for the UK song, if you havent heard it you aint missing anything. It is bloody awful. Well lets go and see how the tennis is going. I take it it will be Henin and Jankovic first? I have to say the latter is playing much better tennis these days.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #88
country flag calou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SETE
Posts: 601
calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post


SueI have never been a great fan of Monfils and actually dont think he will ever win at GS level. I was routing for Fognini as well although I have to say I was late getting home yesterday and therefore only saw that match when it reached the farcical dark stage. I see it is raining at the moment, so I am not sure when Murray and Rafa will get on court. What did you make of Kimiko Date beating Safina?Well it is a miserable day up here, started of fine with sun but now dreary rain that is so unappealing!!!!We might have had a BBQ tonight but not now I suspect!!!!
I'm not a great fan of Monfils,he's a moron.Last night i saw the end of his match ,it was a "comedia del arte" .Fortunately Tsonga 's brighter .I'm also a great fan of Rafa and Murray and i'm a Murray's friend on FB (very proud of that !)
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #89
country flag iainmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,782
iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by calou View Post
I'm not a great fan of Monfils,he's a moron.Last night i saw the end of his match ,it was a "comedia del arte" .Fortunately Tsonga 's brighter .I'm also a great fan of Rafa and Murray and i'm a Murray's friend on FB (very proud of that !)
That is interesting that even a French person has reservations about Monfils.I dont know what it is that makes me not really like him that much. Tsonga is a different matter, I love to watch him. I dont know what the rationale was for continuing that match last night in darkness. Has there been any talk about it in the French press this morning? And well done re Murray, after all Scotland and France were the Auld Alliance and close allies for years.Murray has just started. I am confident re this match but I cant see him going beyond the last 16 to be honest. And how did Ivanovic get to number one, her woes continue. Although I have to say Kleibinova is an excellent player when she times the ball.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #90
country flag calou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SETE
Posts: 601
calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
That is interesting that even a French person has reservations about Monfils.I dont know what it is that makes me not really like him that much. Tsonga is a different matter, I love to watch him. I dont know what the rationale was for continuing that match last night in darkness. Has there been any talk about it in the French press this morning? And well done re Murray, after all Scotland and France were the Auld Alliance and close allies for years.Murray has just started. I am confident re this match but I cant see him going beyond the last 16 to be honest. And how did Ivanovic get to number one, her woes continue. Although I have to say Kleibinova is an excellent player when she times the ball.
French newspaper L'Equipe talks about it : "never see that , crazy match,not very fair to play in darkness..".I went to Scotland when i was student .I love it and plan to go back with my husband may be next year
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios