Hello, And Im Back - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #61
country flag Londonguy

Londonguy is just really nice Londonguy is just really nice Londonguy is just really nice Londonguy is just really nice Londonguy is just really nice Londonguy is just really nice Londonguy is just really nice Londonguy is just really nice Londonguy is just really nice Londonguy is just really nice Londonguy is just really nice
Re: Hello, And Im Back

Welcome back Iain !

I've not been around much myself the last couple of months but your absence from here was a real cause for concern, and I did wonder if all was well with you.

Great to have you back mate !
Londonguy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #62
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Hi Macky Well Rafa won, just! I thought he seemed very distracted today. Mind you, with the rich and famous walking in and out, I suppose that is to be expected! I hope he plays better tomorrow, because he will need to! Dolgopolov, is a rising star, I think, although I think I will call him Junior, from now on, because they did so on Sky! Andy has won the first set, and is playing really well, which is good to see! It looks very cold in Madrid, everyone is sitting in big coats, it's nice to know they are enjoying the same weather as us!
Good Afternoon SueYou must be so happy with Rafas fantastic tennis in Madrid. Especially that final with Federer,what an achievement. It will be SO tough for anyone to beat him in Paris.We had a great weekend in Glasgow and went to the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden. Not a great match but a great occassion, especially for little Ross County. Well not little geographically!!!! Hope you are well and looking forward to the French Open.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #63
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonguy View Post
Welcome back Iain !

I've not been around much myself the last couple of months but your absence from here was a real cause for concern, and I did wonder if all was well with you.

Great to have you back mate !
And how great to hear from you my friendI had been so busy with work in the period after the Australian Open and just knew I had to stay off the tennis forum as I had so much research to do!!!!It is real nice that people like you were interested in what had happened, thanks. As for tennis how are you enjoying the season so far, great achievement by Nadal to win the 3 masters on clay. I have also been getting more dvds from the 60s and 70s and they are so enjoyable to watch, much more attractive tennis. Recently read the Agassi biography and do you know it was actually very good and insightful into the man. I cant say I was delighted with the results of the General Election, but I have been more impressed with Camerons attitude than I thought I would be. How are you???
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #64
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
Good Afternoon SueYou must be so happy with Rafas fantastic tennis in Madrid. Especially that final with Federer,what an achievement. It will be SO tough for anyone to beat him in Paris.We had a great weekend in Glasgow and went to the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden. Not a great match but a great occassion, especially for little Ross County. Well not little geographically!!!! Hope you are well and looking forward to the French Open.
Hello Macky Glad you had a great weekend in Glasgow! I was supporting both underdogs in the cup finals, what a shame, that there was no fairy tale ending for one of them! I was most surprised Rafa won in Madrid! I didn't expect him to! He wanted the N0.2 spot back, and once he had made the final, he had achieved that, so I was surprised when he went on to beat Roger. He's delight at the end was a joy to see You must have been pleased with Andy, Macky? I know he lost again to Ferrer, but I think the old Andy is on the way back.

As for me it was an up and down week! My 12year old has been offered a place at the Children's University, for a couple of weeks in the Summer hoilday's! Only a handful of Children were picked form her school, so we were really pleased for her, but it might well clash with our Summer Hols, which is a bit of a blow!!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #65
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Hello Macky Glad you had a great weekend in Glasgow! I was supporting both underdogs in the cup finals, what a shame, that there was no fairy tale ending for one of them! I was most surprised Rafa won in Madrid! I didn't expect him to! He wanted the N0.2 spot back, and once he had made the final, he had achieved that, so I was surprised when he went on to beat Roger. He's delight at the end was a joy to see You must have been pleased with Andy, Macky? I know he lost again to Ferrer, but I think the old Andy is on the way back.

As for me it was an up and down week! My 12year old has been offered a place at the Children's University, for a couple of weeks in the Summer hoilday's! Only a handful of Children were picked form her school, so we were really pleased for her, but it might well clash with our Summer Hols, which is a bit of a blow!!
Good Evening SueSounds like you have a clever younger daughter too so that is so cool. It would be great if she could go. And yes it was a shame that Ross County didnt win but like I said the atmosphere in Glasgow was amazing and particularly at Hampden. I was up and singing Oasis at the Karaoke later that night and indeed got a loud cheer.Dont know if it was in sympathy or admiration. I am pleased with Murray winning a few matches but I am far from convinced as to how his season will go. There are so many things I am not sure about with him just now. Ah well a relatively quite week, Warsaw for the women, and then the French Open. I love that event.
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #66
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Good Evening SueSounds like you have a clever younger daughter too so that is so cool. It would be great if she could go. And yes it was a shame that Ross County didnt win but like I said the atmosphere in Glasgow was amazing and particularly at Hampden. I was up and singing Oasis at the Karaoke later that night and indeed got a loud cheer.Dont know if it was in sympathy or admiration. I am pleased with Murray winning a few matches but I am far from convinced as to how his season will go. There are so many things I am not sure about with him just now. Ah well a relatively quite week, Warsaw for the women, and then the French Open. I love that event.
Evening MackyAre you a good singer then Macky? Emma loves Karaoke, she would give you a run for your money! She's always singing, "Glee", is the in thing at the moment! I think Andy will be happy when the clay court season is at an end, but at least he seems to be putting the effort in now, but if I'm honest I don't think he will get to far in the French Open, but I will be happy to be proved wrong! Sky haven't got the French Open, so I take it Eurpsport have. It could be a long 2 weeks!
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #67
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Evening MackyAre you a good singer then Macky? Emma loves Karaoke, she would give you a run for your money! She's always singing, "Glee", is the in thing at the moment! I think Andy will be happy when the clay court season is at an end, but at least he seems to be putting the effort in now, but if I'm honest I don't think he will get to far in the French Open, but I will be happy to be proved wrong! Sky haven't got the French Open, so I take it Eurpsport have. It could be a long 2 weeks!
SueI dont know if I would claim to be such a great singer but certainly I do a good Oasis!!!!Murray and the French I think could go to ways. Either he goes out early or he will shock us and be there till near the end. Hey Elena Baltacha had a great result today beating Cristea ranked 34 and last year quarterfinalist at French Open. 63 75 in Strasbourg. Good for her. I was at work for nearly 13 hours between one thing and another so having a few much needed glasses of wine!!!
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #68
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
SueI dont know if I would claim to be such a great singer but certainly I do a good Oasis!!!!Murray and the French I think could go to ways. Either he goes out early or he will shock us and be there till near the end. Hey Elena Baltacha had a great result today beating Cristea ranked 34 and last year quarterfinalist at French Open. 63 75 in Strasbourg. Good for her. I was at work for nearly 13 hours between one thing and another so having a few much needed glasses of wine!!!
Evening Macky Have something to eat, to go with the wine Macky, it will help in the morning! I think Andy, will be lucky to make it into the second week, at the French, but if he gets a good draw, you never know! I didn't hear about the Baltacha result, that's a good win, let's see if she can back it up! I'm gutted Kim is out of the French Open, just when I start to watch Ladies tennis again, my fave player is out
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #69
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Evening Macky Have something to eat, to go with the wine Macky, it will help in the morning! I think Andy, will be lucky to make it into the second week, at the French, but if he gets a good draw, you never know! I didn't hear about the Baltacha result, that's a good win, let's see if she can back it up! I'm gutted Kim is out of the French Open, just when I start to watch Ladies tennis again, my fave player is out
SueIt is disappointing for me as well that Kim is out of the French.Mind you I really dont think at this stage of her career the clay courts of Paris will be kind to her. It will be much more interesting to see how she fares at Wimbledon. I really can see her being the main threat to the Williams. And yes I hope Baltacha follows up her victory but again clay not her forte. And yes I have had some food and very limited wine as I am flying up to Shetland in the morning for clinics so I have to have a clear head. Well almost clear!!!!!
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #70
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
SueIt is disappointing for me as well that Kim is out of the French.Mind you I really dont think at this stage of her career the clay courts of Paris will be kind to her. It will be much more interesting to see how she fares at Wimbledon. I really can see her being the main threat to the Williams. And yes I hope Baltacha follows up her victory but again clay not her forte. And yes I have had some food and very limited wine as I am flying up to Shetland in the morning for clinics so I have to have a clear head. Well almost clear!!!!!
Good Morning MackyIt's a lovely morning down here, so I hope it's the same where you are, and it's a good day to fly! I would love Kim to win Wimbledon, wouldn't that be great, it's a big ask, but if she is fighting fit, I think she has a good chance. It will be interesting to see how Andy plays at Wimbledon, I can see him doing well there, if he can handle the pressure.
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #71
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Good Morning MackyIt's a lovely morning down here, so I hope it's the same where you are, and it's a good day to fly! I would love Kim to win Wimbledon, wouldn't that be great, it's a big ask, but if she is fighting fit, I think she has a good chance. It will be interesting to see how Andy plays at Wimbledon, I can see him doing well there, if he can handle the pressure.
Good Afternoon SueHad a good day at work,productive and non hastling!!! Lovely day up here as well. A positively sweltering 18 degrees!!!I think Clijsters has a chance at Wimbledon but the Williams are the greatest there since Graf, so I think it is a big ask in some ways. As for Murray, it will be interesting to see. He played so well last year until he came unstuck against Roddick. And a lot of that was strange tactics. Well I am looking forward to the weekend, as in general work very busy.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:28 PM   #72
country flag iainmac

Sue. Hope u are ok. Concerned no hear
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:12 PM   #73
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Sue. Hope u are ok. Concerned no hear
Hi MackyHope you are well! It's very hot down here, is it the same with you? Went out and brought some new Patio Furniture, yesterday, so I hope the weather holds! Emma is using it as a homework table, at the moment, but what ever works! French Open starts today, Andy has a tough first round match, but he has been playing better, and from what I have been reading, he is at least talking a good game!

Sorry if you were worried, I didn't mean for you to be! You are such a cutie!
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:29 PM   #74
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Hi MackyHope you are well! It's very hot down here, is it the same with you? Went out and brought some new Patio Furniture, yesterday, so I hope the weather holds! Emma is using it as a homework table, at the moment, but what ever works! French Open starts today, Andy has a tough first round match, but he has been playing better, and from what I have been reading, he is at least talking a good game!

Sorry if you were worried, I didn't mean for you to be! You are such a cutie!
Good Afternoon SueYes it is lovely up here as well. Had a barbecue yesterday and will repeat the same today. With wine of course. But the meat organic so we will stay healthy!!!I love the French Open and it is such an event. Watched Soderling and Kuznetzova go through easily and Ann Keothavong is on court at the moment against Pennetta. I knew it would be tough and so it is proving 62 30 to the Italian as we speak. Mind you she is a brilliant player and especially on a clay court. I think Murray could have one of the hardest first round matches any top player has ever had at a GS. I mean it seems as if Gasquet is really back to the brilliance that he promised when he was a lad. And thanks for saying Im a cutie!!!!!
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:56 PM   #75
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Good Afternoon SueYes it is lovely up here as well. Had a barbecue yesterday and will repeat the same today. With wine of course. But the meat organic so we will stay healthy!!!I love the French Open and it is such an event. Watched Soderling and Kuznetzova go through easily and Ann Keothavong is on court at the moment against Pennetta. I knew it would be tough and so it is proving 62 30 to the Italian as we speak. Mind you she is a brilliant player and especially on a clay court. I think Murray could have one of the hardest first round matches any top player has ever had at a GS. I mean it seems as if Gasquet is really back to the brilliance that he promised when he was a lad. And thanks for saying Im a cutie!!!!!
Hi Macky I've been watching some of the Keothavong match, and I must say I can't see the British Girl winning! I will admit to being a bit of a Gasquet Fan, although I am willing Andy to win their first round match! It's going to be tough going I think, especialy with Ritchie, winning his first tourament yesterday, and playing in front of his home crowd! When do they play, is it Tuesday?