Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig - Page 86 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 05:49 PM   #1276
country flag swordfish

swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold
Re: Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMP08 View Post
Monica plays Kleybanova in R1. Then, the winner of Jankovic-Keys, in R2.
How can you know? Where can we find this information? Thank you for your reply....
swordfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 05:52 PM   #1277
country flag RJMP08

RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
How can you know? Where can we find this information? Thank you for your reply....
The draw was today @t noon (ET). People have been twitting the match ups...

Actually, the draw is already available now on usopen.org.

Ana Ivanovic

Andrea Petkovic

Li Na
RJMP08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:00 PM   #1278
country flag swordfish

swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Official Monica Puig Results & Discussion Thread

Very good draw. Kleybanova enter the MD with a "PR" designation not a "WC". Can anyone tell us what "PR" means in the acceptance list? Thank you for a reply.
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:13 PM   #1279
country flag RJMP08

RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all RJMP08 is a name known to all

Quote:
Very good draw. Kleybanova enter the MD with a "PR" designation not a "WC". Can anyone tell us what "PR" means in the acceptance list? Thank you for a reply.
PR means "Protected Ranking". It is used when a player has been out for a large period of time (Injury mostly), and their ranking slips down a lot.

In Kleybanova's case, she was top 20 I think, back in 2010, but she stopped playing, as she is a cancer survivor (Very motivational story, actually). And now she's trying to return to Tennis Elite.

Ana Ivanovic

Andrea Petkovic

Li Na
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:21 PM   #1280
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

THe Full side of her Draw

9. Jelena Jankovic vs Madison Keys
Monica Puig vs Alisa Kleybanova
Q vs Alexandra Cadanțu
Q vs Sorana Cîrstea
30. Laura Robson vs Lourdes Domínguez Lino
Caroline Garcia vs Shelby Rogers
Petra Cetkovská vs Sofia Arvidsson
Olga Govortsova vs Li Na

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:32 PM   #1281
country flag swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMP08 View Post
PR means "Protected Ranking". It is used when a player has been out for a large period of time (Injury mostly), and their ranking slips down a lot.

In Kleybanova's case, she was top 20 I think, back in 2010, but she stopped playing, as she is a cancer survivor (Very motivational story, actually). And now she's trying to return to Tennis Elite.
Thank you very much for the information. Have a great day...
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:47 PM   #1282
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

I find this first round heartbreaking. Alisa is such an inspirational player. I so wish she could win a match her. But I cannot cheer against Pica. Uch I don't like it at all
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:50 PM   #1283
country flag RJMP08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorien. View Post
I find this first round heartbreaking. Alisa is such an inspirational player. I so wish she could win a match her. But I cannot cheer against Pica. Uch I don't like it at all
Indeed! I'm rooting for Pica, obviously, but what Kleybanova is doing is just unbelievable.

Ana Ivanovic

Andrea Petkovic

Li Na
Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 07:53 PM   #1284
country flag swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorien. View Post
I just read the story and could not agree with you more. Alisa is an example to be followed, however, I can not go against Monica the same
as you. Have a great day...
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #1285
country flag swordfish

Monica posted in twitter a photo of her interview with ESPN LZ Granderson. Does anyone knows how to obtain the interview thru the internet? Do not know if this is possible...
Thanks for a reply.
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #1286
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

if he did it through CNN, it might end up here:

http://www.cnn.com/OPINION/granderso...ive/index.html
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #1287
country flag swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post

Thank you very much for your reply. I you find it, please let me know. I will do likewise. Have a great afternoon...
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #1288
country flag swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post

CharmedRic, I re-read the twitter quote and it mentions only ESPN not CNN.
Kind of it makes more sense to be in ESPN since they have full coverage of the US Open. Ckeck it out and let me know. Thanks.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #1289
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
CharmedRic, I re-read the twitter quote and it mentions only ESPN not CNN.
Kind of it makes more sense to be in ESPN since they have full coverage of the US Open. Ckeck it out and let me know. Thanks.
http://search.espn.go.com/monica-puig/

if it ever part of the ESPN site, you'll find it there
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 04:30 AM   #1290
country flag RJMP08

The schedule is out. Monica plays on Monday, 3rd match on court 7. It won't be streamed, only 6 courts will be streamed, and court 7 isn't one of them.

Ana Ivanovic

Andrea Petkovic

Li Na