Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #1051
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig

I dont think elena put it in any oder but i think monica for sure in the mix with the futre top player
I wouldn't replace maddie nor bouchard but maybe mladeonvic for monica, i also think donna should be higher cause of the two finals but all & all it hard too say what going happen in the future but these are the seven player too watch out for that can be top players in the future

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #1052
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
Monica defeated Madison Keys in the French Open this year and The US Open Juniors 2010; defeated Eugine Bouchard in the Juniors Australian Open in 2011 and Yucatan 2010; Is ranked currently #49 between Bouchard #56 and
Keys #45; defeated Sara Errani in Wimbledom, Nadia Petrova in the French Open, Franchesca Schiavone in Portugal this year, Elena Vesnina in Pointers last year, and ran to three sets Venus Williams in Charlotte and Angeline Kerber in Brisbane, which she lost in a very close tie breaker in the third set.

For the above reasons, She should been included in the top 5 by Elena D.
replacing Bouchard and above Keys. I agree that Bouchard has also a great potential to be a force in the near future in the WTA.
relaaaaaaaaaaaaaax, , everyone is entitled to their opnions.

I don't think she's shading or demeaning Puig, she can only go by what she's seen.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #1053
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Cant wait to see her in the hardcourt season

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #1054
country flag swordfish

swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold

Monica posted her summer schedule as follows: Carlsbad, Cincinnati, New Haven, US Open.
Great schedule with time to rest between tournaments. Top 25 by the end of the US Open.
Go Monica, good luck in your summer tour...
swordfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #1055
country flag leric4nole

leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light

Good to know! Can't wait to see you again!

Last edited by leric4nole : Jul 13th, 2013 at 09:18 PM.
leric4nole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #1056
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Monica posted her summer schedule as follows: Carlsbad, Cincinnati, New Haven, US Open.
Great schedule with time to rest between tournaments. Top 25 by the end of the US Open.
Go Monica, good luck in your summer tour...
Very smart scheduling Hopefully she'll come to DC next year
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #1057
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm how big is the Cincy draw?
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #1058
country flag swordfish

swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
hmmm how big is the Cincy draw?
MD is 64. According to the TF there are 40 players in the MD so far. The
last in the list is Julia Georges #43 WR. There will be 4 WC and 12 Q. Therefore, there should be 8 more spots to fill. Monica being #49 WR should
easily make the MD. Let's hope it happens...The Cincinnati tournament is a
good tune up for the US Open since the top 10 ranked players are supposed to participate...
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 01:51 AM   #1059
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Going to Cincy for the qualies, I hope she's playing qualies. Getting to see her live would be such a treat.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #1060
country flag swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
Going to Cincy for the qualies, I hope she's playing qualies. Getting to see her live would be such a treat.

The way things stand now, logic tells us that Monica should be in the MD.
If you could stay Monday the 12TH of August you could see her play...Enjoy your visit to the tournament...
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #1061
country flag leric4nole

leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Very smart scheduling Hopefully she'll come to DC next year
how is that smart? cincy, new haven, us open: three tournaments in three (or four) weeks.
Old Jul 14th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #1062
country flag leric4nole

Monica is now training in Vegas with Sorana Cirstea.
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #1063
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Quote:
The way things stand now, logic tells us that Monica should be in the MD.
If you could stay Monday the 12TH of August you could see her play...Enjoy your visit to the tournament...
I cant, money is tight and I can't take off of work.

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #1064
country flag Boricua #1
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by leric4nole View Post
how is that smart? cincy, new haven, us open: three tournaments in three (or four) weeks.
At 19, you can afford to do that. Look at it as practice for the US Open. If she were not in the tournaments, she would be hitting the ball for three hours on a daily basis anyway, in practice.
Boricua #1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #1065
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricua #1 View Post
At 19, you can afford to do that. Look at it as practice for the US Open. If she were not in the tournaments, she would be hitting the ball for three hours on a daily basis anyway, in practice.
Practice and real Match play is very very different.

The shots you go for, the strain on one's body. There's a reason why she's scheduled the way she is, to push harder than that match-play wise would probably be unwise.