Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #376
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig

...love Pica to death, but let's be realistic. Top 50 by YE would be MARVELOUS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #377
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

I got a little too excited...

Bally

goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #378
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post

it's easy to, Pica has got game.
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #379
country flag swordfish

swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't think so. I predicted that PICA was going to be top 100 by the
end of January, top 75 by the begining of clay season, top 50 by the US
Open, and now I am endorsing your prediction of top 25 by year end. The
way she is playing, her work ethics, and her conditioning, may even
surpass our expectations. Time will tell.....
swordfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #380
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Monica needs to beat Top 50 (Current) before we go that far.

The mind is there, the body is there, and the skills seem to be sharpening rather well ... so fingers crossed.

I think Direct Entry into Roland Garros, Wimbledon, and the US open are very likely barring injury. A seed into the US Open would be a dream come true ... but I would rather see a steady increase that leads to many years of titles and results rather than a meteoric rise in 2013 followed by a "sophomore" slump.
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #381
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Time by time guys,
Keep going Mo

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #382
country flag swordfish

swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
Monica needs to beat Top 50 (Current) before we go that far.

The mind is there, the body is there, and the skills seem to be sharpening rather well ... so fingers crossed.

I think Direct Entry into Roland Garros, Wimbledon, and the US open are very likely barring injury. A seed into the US Open would be a dream come true ... but I would rather see a steady increase that leads to many years of titles and results rather than a meteoric rise in 2013 followed by a "sophomore" slump.
Let us look at the record to ilustrate the basis for our predictions:

1. She defeated Christina McHale in the Pan American Games last year in
convinzing manner. McHale was ranked #33 and her best ranking was #24 Mchale has only one tournament won in her Professional Career at Tiro
Volo in Rome in 2011. This was a 50K tournament.

2. She defeated Elena Vesnina two months ago. Vesnina was #68, her best
ranking was #24 in 2009. Vesnina has only two tournaments won in her
Pro-Career a 10K at Balashikha & 25K Tbilisi in 2003.

3. She defeated Varbara Lepchenko, currently #20, at Phoenics in 2011.
Also she defeated Anne Keothavong at Indian Wells 2011.

4. She lost in tree sets against Jie Zheng in Charleston and against
Sorana Cristea at Indian Wells in 2011. Both matches could have gone
either way.

Monica has won six ITF tournaments, (1) 100K; (1) 50K; (2) 25K; and (2) 10K. In 2010 she ended #695, in 2011 #228, and 2012 #127. Actually if she wins Ankara, she will finish #115. Therefore, her progress has been
steady and ascending. Therefore, reaching top 25 by the end of 2013 will be very reasonable if we follow the McHale-Vesnina model.

However, I do agree completely with you that she must defeat current top
25 players consistently if she is to reach her goal of being in the top
10 women tennis players of the world. We think that this will happen in
2014 to 2015. Time will tell....
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #383
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

A seeding for the 2013 USO or 2014 Aussie is def in the cards!
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #384
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Lets not jinx her!!

Bally

goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM   #385
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

What a scoreline Just 2 more wins for the title
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 01:27 PM   #386
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lets not jinx her!!
I'm usually the one that does that to players
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 03:26 PM   #387
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

(2)Monica Puig (PUR) d. (7)Aleksandra Krunic (SRB) 76(4) 61
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 04:37 PM   #388
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

She played well today especially in the 2nd set.

I got an autograph from her she was a bit surprised and looked to her mum and smiled to that situation
Am I the first one who wanted an autograph from her?
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 04:39 PM   #389
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

she's pretty down to Earth. so I don't think she expects ppl to ask her for one.

way to go Pica!
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 04:41 PM   #390
country flag swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
She played well today especially in the 2nd set.

I got an autograph from her she was a bit surprised and looked to her mum and smiled to that situation
Am I the first one who wanted an autograph from her?
Can you expand a litlle on your description of the match please?
Thank you very much for previous reporting and for let us being a part of your on court experience. Have a great evening.....