Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #256
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig

Khroma has beaten Monica this year I believe, and further down the draw An-Sophie Mestach looms and I think that's the girl that beat Monica in the Aussie Junior finals.

If she can make the finals and/or win this tournament I think it'll definitely go a long ways towards building her confidence when facing her contemporaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #257
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Monica Puig (PUR) d. Irina Khromacheva (RUS) 64 63

...oh this made me SO happy. :-)
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #258
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Another good win for her
Keep going

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
*Furlanetto*CostaMelgar*Forte*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #259
country flag swordfish

swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
Khroma has beaten Monica this year I believe, and further down the draw An-Sophie Mestach looms and I think that's the girl that beat Monica in the Aussie Junior finals.

If she can make the finals and/or win this tournament I think it'll definitely go a long ways towards building her confidence when facing her contemporaries.
Monica beat Khromacheva in the QF of the French Open Juniors, and beat
Mestach in the Orange Bowl tournament in Miami. Also, she beat Cristina McHale in the Pan American Games last year when she won the Silver medal. Therefore, the record indicates that she has the God given talent and tennis ability to beat her contemporaries and go toe to toe with any player in the top 100 ranking.

Her performance in the Joue-Les-Tours tournament so far, tells us that she may be "turning the corner" to reach her full potential.If all goes
well, she has the possibility to break the 100 ranking by the end of this year.

Good luck to her in achiving her goals. We all know that she has the
talent to be a top 10 tennis player in the future. At the end, her hard work and work ethics will allow her to prevail.
swordfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #260
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
Monica beat Khromacheva in the QF of the French Open Juniors, and beat
Mestach in the Orange Bowl tournament in Miami. Also, she beat Cristina McHale in the Pan American Games last year when she won the Silver medal. Therefore, the record indicates that she has the God given talent and tennis ability to beat her contemporaries and go toe to toe with any player in the top 100 ranking.

Her performance in the Joue-Les-Tours tournament so far, tells us that she may be "turning the corner" to reach her full potential.If all goes
well, she has the possibility to break the 100 ranking by the end of this year.

Good luck to her in achiving her goals. We all know that she has the
talent to be a top 10 tennis player in the future. At the end, her hard work and work ethics will allow her to prevail.
Correct.

But Khromacheva beat Monica this year in the finals of the 25K Perigeux event, so that loss being more recent I was just a little nervous about this match.

Ann-Sophie and Monica haven't played each other in the senior level yet, but I'm sure it is bound to happen maybe as early as this week.

I can definitely see Monica breaking into the Top 100 by YE2012. Even if she's in the 100 to 110 range, that'll be a 100 spot improvement from the ranking she had when she lost in the 2Q round of the Australian Open.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #261
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

great win Mon' ! keep winning !

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #262
country flag swordfish

swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold swordfish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
Correct.

But Khromacheva beat Monica this year in the finals of the 25K Perigeux event, so that loss being more recent I was just a little nervous about this match.

Ann-Sophie and Monica haven't played each other in the senior level yet, but I'm sure it is bound to happen maybe as early as this week.

I can definitely see Monica breaking into the Top 100 by YE2012. Even if she's in the 100 to 110 range, that'll be a 100 spot improvement from the ranking she had when she lost in the 2Q round of the Australian Open.
We are in the same page, however, do not overlook the following record:
1. Cristina McHale was #33 world ranked when Monica beat her at the Pan
American games; 2. She beat confortably Sofia Arvidson ranked #78 in Auckland in January 2012; She has beaten Patricia Mayr-Achleitener ranked #95 twice (Chiasso & Poza Rica); She had a very competitive match
against Safarova ranked #22 in Poland; and last year she lost in three
sets against Jie Zheng in Charleston (she almost beat her). The record speaks for it self.

We both can conclude that with Monica is not a matter of "IF" but a matter of "WHEN". Lets which her the best of luck in reachin her goals
as a Professional tennis player, and we, as her fans, enjoy having one of our own as a ranked top 10 tennis player in the world.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #263
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

BOOM goes the dynamite:

Monica Puig (PUR) d. Olga Savchuk (UKR) 60 62

Monica esta en fuego!

Stay healthy, Stay calm, and win it all girl!!
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #264
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

wow great win ! what a beatdown over a very experienced player
2 to go, Mo!

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #265
country flag pregunta

pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light pregunta is a glorious beacon of light

she will be latin n1 by the end ofthe year?
go monica!!!

...MOLINERO...IRIGOYEN...
...DUARTE... PODOROSKA...
...PELLA...VEGA...

Veronica Cepede Paula Ormaechea Monica Puig
pregunta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #266
country flag swordfish

Monica defeated An-Sophie Mestach 6-2; 7-6(0); in the SF of Joue-Les-Tours tournament. Great win Mo, Congratulations. Good luck in the finals tomorrow. GO WIN IT ALL GIRL!!!!
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #267
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

This is SO awesome!

Win It All Monica!!!!
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #268
country flag *Jool*

good luck in the final !

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #269
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Final

Monica Puig (PUR) d. (5)Maria Joao Koehler (POR) 36 64 61
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #270
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Hi guys! Monica wasn't one of my favorites in her junior days, but I'm supporting her now, since a few months ago. I'm not a big fan yet, and in fact I'm not even sure if I'll be still rooting for her in the next years, but for now I'm enjoying her success and I'm hoping she'll be doing fine.

Monica is set to make a new career high of #145
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote