Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 7th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #211
country flag ricanpuigfan

ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all
Re: Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig

I havent seen here playing in an upcoming tournament. I wonder if she'll play in cincinnati. I find it hard to believe she'll play the U.S. Open without a tuneup in hardcourts. Any updates?
ricanpuigfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 7th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #212
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the Calendar, I'm thinking QUALIES at Cinci or Texas Tennis Open would be her only shot at competitive match-play prior to the US Open. I think her ranking should allow her entry into the Singles Qualification draw.
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #213

ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all

Yea, Her facebook page said something about resting and vacationing until the US open. The qualies start Aug 21st I think.
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #214
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck to her then!!!

Aug 21 isn't all that far away, haha.
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #215

Indeed. I'm going to see who else is coming up the ranks of Puerto Rico. I saw on the wta rankings, there are players younger than Monica who are playing. It's exciting times to be a boricua!!
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #216

I hope Monica is training well. I hope to see her in the qualifying tournaments. Are there new youtube videos of her matches?
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #217
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

If she plays USO Qualies, I'm sure we'll see some more footage of her matches.

Hoping she has a good September!
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 11:13 PM   #218
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Puig will play Sharon Fichman of Canada in 1Q at the USO. Then either the 2nd seed Chan or Ferrer-Suarez.

...winnable matches. Hoping for the best!!!
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM   #219
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

good luck Monica! hopefully you qualify for the MD !

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 10:21 PM   #220
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

Fichman is leading 63 33....
vamos Monica !!!

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 10:46 PM   #221
country flag *Jool*

Phew 6-4 in the second set , well done Monica

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 11:50 PM   #222
country flag *Jool*

disappointing loss 36 64 36

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM   #223
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Jool, did you get to see the match?

I'm wondering why she wasn't able to take that third set?
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:41 PM   #224
country flag *Jool*

no I only followed the livescores. she had a few opportunities but at the end Fichman broke first

KATA - AMG -
APS

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #225
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Very very very bummed about that result. I wonder if she's going to stick to hardcourts or if she'll play clay ITF's?

...gotta do some research and see how much she was to defend the rest of the year. Hopefully she's got enough resources to compete in the early-year-ITF tournaments and then Aussie Qualifiers.