Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 17th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #196
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig

In 2012, Monica is 19-11 in singles, and 9-6 in doubles.

Here are her results by tournament:

FQ: Auckland
2Q: Australian Open
1R: Adrezieux 50K (As a Qualifier)
1R: Cali 100K+H
2Q: Bogota
1R: Monterrey (As a Qualifier)
2Q: Indian Wells
_F: PozaRica 25K
2Q: Osprey 50K
QF: Jackson 25K
2R: Pelham 5K
1R: Indian Harbour Beach 50K
1R: Prague 100K (As a Qualifier)
3Q: Roland Garros
SF: Montpellier 25K
_F: Perigueux 25K
1R: Biarritz 100K

She's got this week off, by virtue of reach the Biarritz Doubles Final and not being able to get to the Singles Qualifying play for Bucharest on time. Next week she's slated to play in the Singles Qualifying draw Olomouc a 100K ITF tournament.

After Olomouc my guess would be she'd return to her home base. I think her ranking could get her into the qualifying draw of the CITI Open but that's be like two months in a row without a scheduled break. I'm intrigued to see when she'll shift gears from Clay to Hardcourt.

Last edited by charmedRic : Jul 25th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
charmedRic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 25th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #197
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

100K Olomouc

1R
Monica Puig (PUR) d. (7)Valeria Savinykh (RUS) 46 75 64
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #198
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

a nice pic of her practicing on her facebook:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puig.jpg (20.8 KB, 10 views)

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #199
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Thanks for sharing! she represents Puerto Rico well!
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #200
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

yes easy win today against Kostova too , she's in QF now good luck , Monica !
ps: what's a Boricua!?

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #201
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Before the Spanish Conquistadors arrived in Puerto Rico the native Arawak tribe that inhabited the island called themselves the TAINOS, the name they gave the island was BORIKEN or BORINQUEN. So a native of PR can be called BORICUA ... we have an expression BORICUA DE PURA CEPA ... roughly translates PUERTORICAN MADE OF THE "REAL STUFF" and by real stuff we mean like PR, haha.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 04:47 PM   #202
country flag ricanpuigfan

ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all

Thats right. when is Monica's next tournament.
ricanpuigfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 04:52 PM   #203

ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all ricanpuigfan is a name known to all

Amazing how she beat Mchale. Monica will definately be a top 50 player in the future. and top 20 shortly after.
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 06:37 PM   #204
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanpuigfan View Post
Thats right. when is Monica's next tournament.
Look like she's taking a break. I couldn't find her in any entry lists for Aug 6th tournaments, but I could have missed it.
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 03:05 AM   #205

Youd probably right? She has a high enough ranking for the us open qualifying. Shes probably taking a break. I hope I get to see her play. Im going to the first day of qualifying.
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 12:43 PM   #206
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanpuigfan View Post
Youd probably right? She has a high enough ranking for the us open qualifying. Shes probably taking a break. I hope I get to see her play. Im going to the first day of qualifying.
I was thinking about going to the USO Qualies this year, but my USTA 3.5 team just made it to Sectionals and that trip alone is going to drain $500 out of my money so I don't know I can do two big trips like that back-to-back months.

August doesn't really offer any ITF Hardcourt options that are realistic for Monica, nothing in North America. Weird. The first ITF near her would be the SEP 10th 25K in Redding, CA. Before that we should see her in the qualies of some of the smaller tournaments at the WTA Level.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 02:00 PM   #207

Good point. Im going to look at some of the smaller tournaments. I downloaded the wta application on my phone, which allows me to track most of the tournaments, including the qualifying. Ill keep you updated. Alos, the qualies at the us open start on aug 21. should be fun.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 03:48 PM   #208
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

I would think she would have played Bronx-ITF, then USO Qualies at a minimum, but maybe she'll just train until the USO Qualies.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #209

Yea, the Bronx tournament is a great tuneup to the US Open. Im going to look into that tounrament as well. I have a feeling she'll at least make the main draw.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #210
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Keep me posted!!!