Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig - Page 121 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #1801
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puerto Rican hope Monica Puig

Wikipedia isn't always a reliable source.

They don't even have a source. She may play there, but I doubt she has already committed.

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 09:26 PM   #1802
country flag Davidspell

Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of

It's official Monica will play at Auckland. In the official page of the Auckland Open, specifically in the Venus article it says:

"The NZ Festival of Tennis is thrilled to announce that one of the world's most accomplished tennis stars, Venus Williams, will join the 2014 ASB Classic field. Venus joins fellow players Ana Ivanovic, Laura Robson and Monica Puig in what is shaping up to be the strongest ASB Classic field yet.

Strasbourg Champion

Current live ranking: #50

Paula Badosa Gibert
Davidspell is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 09:57 PM   #1803
country flag Davidspell

Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidspell View Post
It's official Monica will play at Auckland. In the official page of the Auckland Open, specifically in the Venus article it says:

"The NZ Festival of Tennis is thrilled to announce that one of the world's most accomplished tennis stars, Venus Williams, will join the 2014 ASB Classic field. Venus joins fellow players Ana Ivanovic, Laura Robson and Monica Puig in what is shaping up to be the strongest ASB Classic field yet.
I think this isn't the best decision she can make because she needs to defend 60 points of Brisbane. She will need to reach quarter-finals at Auckland for not losing points (winning 10...).

Strasbourg Champion

Paula Badosa Gibert
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #1804
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think Auckland an good choice I made Brisbane going be an pack field with almost all the top 20 player by her playing Auckland she might have a fair chance too make an QF-SF due too the fact the only big names playing there so far as we know so far is Ana Ivanovic, Laura Robson & Venus Williams. But if she was too play Brisbane she could play an top seeded player in first round like Sernea or Vika so yeah I think Auckland an Great Choice to start the year off

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #1805
country flag Davidspell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Well I think Auckland an good choice I made Brisbane going be an pack field with almost all the top 20 player by her playing Auckland she might have a fair chance too make an QF-SF due too the fact the only big names playing there so far as we know so far is Ana Ivanovic, Laura Robson & Venus Williams. But if she was too play Brisbane she could play an top seeded player in first round like Sernea or Vika so yeah I think Auckland an Great Choice to start the year off
Well, that's right... Playing Serena or Vika in the 1st round will be tough, very tough!

Strasbourg Champion

Paula Badosa Gibert
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #1806
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

THis year I think she should play some more International event she might can have better chance at making an final, I think playing
Hobart or Sydney next would be an good idea as well consider the field there usually be weak

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #1807
country flag Davidspell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
THis year I think she should play some more International event she might can have better chance at making an final, I think playing
Hobart or Sydney next would be an good idea as well consider the field there usually be weak
Yeah! Let's see if she can win her 1st title!

Strasbourg Champion

Paula Badosa Gibert
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #1808
country flag Boricua #1
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all Boricua #1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidspell View Post
Yeah! Let's see if she can win her 1st title!
That is right, that is all she can do, right? Win against weak competition, right? With fans like you guys, I don't think I would want to have any!
Boricua #1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #1809
country flag Trey

^ What,If you can read we were Saying that she should play couple International event this year too make her first final or win her first title and get the feel of winning an title & also help out her ranking noone said she shouldn't play any big event we just said that Brisbane gonna be an packed field an she can run into player like Vika or Rena in the first round while she can have a better chance in making QF-F at Auckland plus she have alot points too defend early part of the year. Also what kinda fan are u that you don't even wanna see her win an title even in an weak competition

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #1810
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt her first title comes at a Slam , Boricua#1 , only Kuerten can do that so she has to start somewhere , chill out !

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #1811
country flag Trey

Yeah That All I saying you have too start from the bottom too get too the top and going deep or winning those small event will give her point and move her up the ranking so when she play big event she be seeded. Question do anyone know who Monica Coach

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #1812
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold jalusbrian is a splendid one to behold

playing in a weak field a winning strategy?
jalusbrian is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #1813
country flag Trey

Yeah for Now I mean every young player do it What is so wrong with playing an weak event example ?

Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #1814
country flag Trey

i Think what Ya need too understand & look at it as it not about just playing weak field, if she just play Premier event like I said before she will nine time outta ten draw an seeded player in the first round like Vika, Serena, Maria, Aga so on which can cause many first round loses and also her dropping down in the ranking but if she is too play 4-5 International this year she have an better chance in making an QF-F or even winning an title or two which can help her raise in the ranking an also be seeded for events like IW & Miami where she wont have too face player like Serena & Vika in the first round, is she seeded she will play them in the 3rd-F so that the point of playing International to help the ranking too be an seeded player at event like Premier & Slam where she won't have too face seeded players so early & to win her first title. I think she should play some dubs this year as well too help her get better at the net & volley but she should just play dubs at slams and events like IW & Miami

Old Nov 10th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #1815
country flag Davidspell

In what ranking the AO cut-off is made?

Strasbourg Champion

Paula Badosa Gibert