Korean songs - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 16th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #76
tommyk75

tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future
Re: Korean songs

Lena Park! (aka Park Jung Hyun) She may be the first person mentioned in this thread who's a genuinely talented singer as opposed to a cute entertainer. I like plenty of K-Pop, but so much of it looks and sounds so similar (same bouncy, dancey beat with simple childish lyrics and pretty boys/girls dancing around the stage in unison) that it gives you a brain freeze after a while. We need more people like Lena Park and Shin Seung-Hoon to balance things out.
tommyk75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 16th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #77
country flag akosiirwyn

akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty. View Post
I think 2AM is touring with JYP as well? (i'm definitely not going to his concert tho since imo JYP is scary )

Oh wow, that's nice of them, but I find Sones to be pretty scary as well. I mean Soshi is pretty awesome but they have some pretty fans. (actually I find a lot of Korean fans to be )

Ah yea, SM seems to be having a lot of issues with many people these days. I think even if the music shows were airing this week tho, Soshi wouldn't be on them since they're in Beijing for their concert tour? But yea it kind of sucks that there haven't been that many RDR performances. I was also kinda miffed for Kara since it was supposed to be their goodbye stage this week and they only got one perf on M!Countdown since everything else is canceled this week.
Lol, I'm not really a fan of JYP either. I like the groups under his management though. I found the way they dealt with Jay really weird though.

Some Sones are REALLY scary sometimes. They get so defensive when people talk about their flaws and criticize them. But I find the antis even more scary (eg. the glowstick incident).

Ugh, SM. They're having so many issues. First the DBSK thing. Then Mnet. Then Han Geng. I hope nothing happens with SNSD..

The music shows are another thing. I can understand why the shows are cancelled because of a national tragedy, but it really sucks for the artists, especially the ones who are coming back (ie. Lee Hyori) or the ones ending promotions (ie. Kara).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIGetAWhat View Post
Thanks! Yep, 2AM will also open for Wonder Girls. What am I curious is if Wonder Girls will alternate opening acts or will both 2AM and 2PM perform for all those cities, which would be fabulous!

That should be fun. I find Korean fans to be some of the most dedicated fans in the world. Seriously.

I'm not a big Wonder Girls fan either, but I adore 2PM. I would do ANYTHING to go to the KMF, but, alas, I have to work and it's too far.

Are you guys a fan of BEG?! They're coming to SF next month! I can't say I'm a fan, though.
I'd assume that they would perform everywhere, I mean, it would be weird if they didn't. All of the groups are probably travelling together; it wouldn't make sense to not have one of them perform if they were already in the city.

Lol, yeah Korean fans are really dedicated. Unfortunately, so are the antis.

I like BEG. Well, at least the two songs they released last year they're pretty catchy. Abracadabra is a pretty hot track. The music video for "Sign" was pretty cool too. I don't consider myself a fan though.
akosiirwyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #78
country flag akosiirwyn

akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future akosiirwyn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyk75 View Post
Lena Park! (aka Park Jung Hyun) She may be the first person mentioned in this thread who's a genuinely talented singer as opposed to a cute entertainer. I like plenty of K-Pop, but so much of it looks and sounds so similar (same bouncy, dancey beat with simple childish lyrics and pretty boys/girls dancing around the stage in unison) that it gives you a brain freeze after a while. We need more people like Lena Park and Shin Seung-Hoon to balance things out.
I'm not really familiar with Lena, but I know Baek Ji-young has an awesome voice.

akosiirwyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #79
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosiirwyn View Post
Lol, I'm not really a fan of JYP either. I like the groups under his management though. I found the way they dealt with Jay really weird though.

Some Sones are REALLY scary sometimes. They get so defensive when people talk about their flaws and criticize them. But I find the antis even more scary (eg. the glowstick incident).

Ugh, SM. They're having so many issues. First the DBSK thing. Then Mnet. Then Han Geng. I hope nothing happens with SNSD..

The music shows are another thing. I can understand why the shows are cancelled because of a national tragedy, but it really sucks for the artists, especially the ones who are coming back (ie. Lee Hyori) or the ones ending promotions (ie. Kara).
Ah yea, he manages his groups pretty well (with the exception of the Jay thing)

Ikr? Granted many groups of fans are like that but I think since there are just SO MANY Sones that it's felt more with them. Ah yea, I felt bad for them during those, I mean like Seohyun was only like 15 that time and she had people booing and etc!

At this rate, only like BoA will be left under SM mangement. I was really ARGH at the DBSK thing as well because like now SM's relationship with Avex is like over which probably means that BoA is not going to be under Avex either which really sucks since she's been with them for like 9 years and she made some really awesome music with them. And now her music in Japan is affected even though she wasn't really in this conflict?

I understand that Korea reacts to tragedies differently than the US, but I don't see how playing reruns of old shows instead of new ones makes sense? Like I would understand replacing those shows with like documentaries about the navy and etc. But idk. And yea now Rain, Hyori, and After School's stages are affected.

Quote:
I'm not really familiar with Lena, but I know Baek Ji-young has an awesome voice.

I love Baek Ji-Young! That IRIS OST song is one of my favorites. Her Candy song with Taecyeon was really lol for me to watch on the stages too.

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #80
country flag igralec33

igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute igralec33 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't if was it published - but this is great song.
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #81
country flag CanIGetAWhat
♥ All-American Reject

CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute CanIGetAWhat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty. View Post
This was a bit of time ago, but what was your take on the Jaybeom drama earlier this year?
I felt that the whole Jay incident was blown waaaay out of proportion. His myspace comments were misconstrued. After they were made public to everyone by a fan who hacked into his myspace page, all the netizens petitioned for his suicide and sent him hate mail. He didn't have to apologize for his words, imho. All the blacklash from the netizens and fans forced Jay to leave Korea. During all this time, Hottests weren't exactly supporting him. They kept silent about it. When enough time passed, the netizens and fans realized they had misinterpreted Jay's comments, mourned for him, and pleaded for him to return. Anyway, when 2PM released their Heartbeat album, JYP hinted that Jay would eventually return. Earlier this year before they held that press conference, JYP disclosed that Jay's contract is terminated. All the fans who have been supporting both 2PM and Jay all this time felt betrayed because JYP led everyone on. However, it was revealed that Jay wanted out of the group because he had done something so wrong that he felt would bring shame and legal problems to the group. Most people overlooked this fact; instead, they chose to blame JYPE and 2PM. Since I don't understand Korean, I only read the translated transcript of the press conference. The fans felt it was scripted and fake while 2PM felt they were being attacked for telling the truth. There, however, was an English question directed at both Taecyeon and Nichkun. Here:

Reply 1994
CanIGetAWhat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #82
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yea, I thought both times fans totally overreacted to what happened. I mean telling someone to kill themselves over myspace comments? And then i'm sure fans will be sad that he left the group but I mean he chose to leave and in the end it was his decision so I don't see how blaming the management and the rest of the group would help.

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 02:31 AM   #83
tommyk75

tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Agreed. Baek Ji-Young's really talented.

As for Jaebeom, I feel he got treated really unfairly. The big problem with the Korean music scene is that these big companies like SM and JYP pick fresh-faced kids, tell them what to sing and how to dance, and ultimately turn them into corporate pop puppets. They pretty control 99% of the market, so there's almost no chance for singer-songwriters like Bruce Springsteen who actually write their own material. There IS an indie music scene in Korea, but again, the Korean market just isn't big enough to fully support it. It's not like in America where groups like Fleet Foxes and MGMT can develop huge bases and make money while remaining underground. That's why we don't see variety in Korean music, and I think it's a shame.

That being said, Lee Hyori's new album is pretty darn good (although I don't like "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"). "Scandal," "Highlight," "Swing" and the duet with Daesung from Big Bang (it actually samples Annie Lennox!) all work really well.
tommyk75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 02:26 PM   #84
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

This song will live with me forever. It hit #1 when when I was in Korea back in 1990

Shin Seung Hun's 신승훈 - 미소속에 비친 그대 (1990年)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EYdv...eature=related

and No Sa Yean's Mannam. This is NOT bubblegum pop. Evenif you don't understand a word of Korean you'll feel the pain in her rich and deep voice. This song is so sad but good!

노사연 - 만남 (1989年)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1NTD...eature=related

Last edited by Rollo : Apr 21st, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #85
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

This probably does not qualify as Korean, but an ethnic Korean who had the greatest overall popularity as a rock musician has not even been mentioned here..

The greatest legend of Russian rock Victor Tsoi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jmmH...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0seMFKgl1UQ&NR=1

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #86
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

*bumps*

Speaking of Baek Ji Young.

Awesome.
It's soundtrack to Secret Garden which is an excellent drama show.

SNSD without Tiffany

T-Ara <3

IU - Good Day

G-Na - Black and White

A Pink - I Don't Know (the new SNSD)

Big Bang - Love Story

Last edited by Harju. : Apr 26th, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #87
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

Still jamming to this

And still love Ear Candy.

Last edited by Harju. : Apr 26th, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 05:40 AM   #88
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

A Pink is the feyest thing in existence. They're like little girls imagining what life must be like when they grow up and get boobies.

Why no Rania?
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #89
country flag Szczecin

Szczecin has a brilliant future Szczecin has a brilliant future Szczecin has a brilliant future Szczecin has a brilliant future Szczecin has a brilliant future Szczecin has a brilliant future Szczecin has a brilliant future Szczecin has a brilliant future Szczecin has a brilliant future Szczecin has a brilliant future Szczecin has a brilliant future

오 ... 영원한 친구 ... 오 ... 행복한 마음... 오 ... 줄거운 인생 ... YEAH !!!

Epic !!!

Grand Slam Glory for the Glorious Goddess
Come on Lena, it's yours!
Miss Resilient - Elena Dementieva AFR - I've Found My Hero !

Last edited by Szczecin : Apr 27th, 2011 at 06:49 AM.
Szczecin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #90
Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let me hear another Gee Gee song.
Imperfect Angel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote