Updated Page 3!!!! What new TV shows to watch 2014/15 season..Trailers + Poll - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What will you watch?

Gotham 6 46.15%
Constantine 2 15.38%
The Flash 2 15.38%
The Whispers 1 7.69%
How to Get Away with Murder 5 38.46%
Galavant 1 7.69%
Agent Carter 4 30.77%
Red Band Society 1 7.69%
Stalker 0 0%
Others (see trailers available inside) 9 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 15th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #1
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future
Talking Updated Page 3!!!! What new TV shows to watch 2014/15 season..Trailers + Poll

What will you watch this up and coming TV season? The US broadcast TV schedule is out for the fall TV season and here are the trailers of some of the new shows.

FOX

GOTHAM

Quote:
GOTHAM is an origin story of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told.
Will tell the origin stories of Batman, Robin, Batgirl and several Batman villains, including the Penguin, the Riddler, Catwoman, Two-Face, the Joker, Poison Ivy and Scarecrow.

WAYWARD PINES

Quote:
Based on a best-selling novel and brought to life by suspenseful storyteller M. Night Shyamalan ("The Sixth Sense"), WAYWARD PINES is an intense, mind-bending 10-episode thriller starring Academy Award nominee Matt Dillon ("Crash") as a Secret Service agent on a mission to find two missing federal agents in the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, ID. Every step closer to the truth makes him question if he will ever get out of Wayward Pines alive. The all-star cast also includes Academy and Emmy Award winner Melissa Leo ("The Fighter"), Academy Award nominee Terrence Howard ("Crash," "Hustle & Flow"), Carla Gugino ("Entourage"), Shannyn Sossamon ("How to Make It in America"), Toby Jones (the "Harry Potter" franchise) and Academy Award and Emmy Award nominee Juliette Lewis ("Cape Fear").

BACKSTROM

Quote:
From the creator of BONES, comedic crime procedural BACKSTROM centers on an unhealthy, offensive, irascible -- albeit brilliant -- detective (Rainn Wilson) who is brought back from exile to run the Portland Police Bureau's Special Crimes Unit (S.C.U.).

MULANEY

Quote:
MULANEY stars Emmy Award-winning writer and comedian John Mulaney as a rising stand-up comic trying to take his career to the next level, and the friends and mentors who lift him up, hold him back and push him around. This Fall on FOX.

HIEROGLYPH

Quote:
The world of ancient Egypt -- a time of magic, Pharaohs, gods and thieves -- lives again in FOX's new adventure series HIEROGLYPH.

EMPIRE

Quote:
Welcome to EMPIRE, a sexy and powerful new drama about the head of a music empire (Terrence Howard) whose three sons and ex-wife all battle for his throne. Set to an original soundtrack written and produced by hip-hop hitmaker Timbaland.

GRACEPOINT

Quote:
Ten-episode mystery event series GRACEPOINT follows the tragic death of a young boy, and the major police investigation and nationwide media frenzy that subsequently overtake a picturesque seaside town, where anyone is a suspect.

THE LAST MAN ON EARTH

Quote:
Phil Miller (Will Forte) was once just an average guy who loved his family and hated his job at the bank -- now he's humanity's last hope. Will he ever find another person alive on the planet? Would hoping that she is a female be asking too much?

UTOPIA

Quote:
Based on the Dutch hit of the same name, UTOPIA is a bold new series that moves 15 everyday Americans to an isolated, undeveloped location -- for an entire year -- and challenges them to create their own civilization. Will it be ultimate happiness or utter chaos?

RED BAND SOCIETY

Quote:
Based upon Catalan television show Polseres vermelles, the series is a dark dramedy focused on a group of teenagers living toghether as patients in a hospital's children's department.
Starring Octavia Spencer, Dave Annable, Griffin Gluck, Charlie Rowe, Rebecca Rittenhouse, Zoe Levin, Ciara Bravo and Nolan Sotillo.

NBC

State of Affairs

Quote:
State of Affairs is an upcoming American drama series is scheduled to premiere on NBC on November 17, 2014,[1] during the 2014–15 American television season. The series stars Katherine Heigl as CIA analyst Charleston Tucker who is tasked with assembling and presenting the President's Daily Briefing on the most vital security issues facing the country, and Alfre Woodard as first female President Constance Payton.

Constantine

Quote:
Constantine is an upcoming American television series from NBC television, based on the characters appearing in the comic series Hellblazer published by Vertigo. The series will star actor Matt Ryan as John Constantine.

Marry Me

Quote:
Marry Me is an upcoming American romantic comedy television series created and executive produced by David Caspe with co-executive producers/director Seth Gordon and Jamie Tarses for Sony Pictures Television. The series stars Ken Marino and Casey Wilson

Bad Judge

Quote:
Bad Judge is an upcoming American legal comedy television series that was co-created by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. Ferrell and McKay will also serve as executive producers, along with Kate Walsh, Anne Heche, and Jill Sobel Messick for Universal Television.

The Mysteries of Laura

Quote:
A single mom NYPD homicide detective cracks case after case while raising wild twin boys and locking horns with her less than helpful police detective ex-husband. Starring Debra Messing.

A to Z

Quote:
The series will follow the lives of Andrew, a employee at an internet dating site who dreams of meeting the girl of his dreams, and Zelda, a no-nonsense lawyer whose was raised by a hippie mother and carries a rebellious streak. By an accidental chance of fate, Zelda meets Andrew to resolve a mismatch dating dispute and these two single people suddenly find themselves falling for each other. From there the series chronicles their relationship timeline "from A to Z," as narrated by Katey Sagal.

ABC

How To Get Away With Murder

Quote:
an upcoming American legal drama series that will debut on ABC during the 2014–15 television season. Created by ShondaLand writer Peter Nowalk and from executive producer Shonda Rhimes and distributed by ABC Studios, the series stars Viola Davis as a law professor at a prestigious Philadelphia university who with her students becomes entwined in a murder plot.

The Whispers

Quote:
The Whispers is an upcoming American television series created and executive produced by Soo Hugh with co-executive producers Steven Spielberg, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank and Dawn Olmstead for ABC Studios.[1] It is based on the Ray Bradbury short story "Zero Hour" from The Illustrated Man. Starring Lily Rabe, Barry Sloane, Milo Ventimiglia.

Secrets & Lies

Quote:
The series is based on the Australian series of the same name and follows Ben Garner, a family man who discovers the body of a young boy and quickly becomes the prime suspect in his death. Ben then goes in search of the real killer in order to clear his name. Starring Ryan Phillippe and Juliette Lewis.

Galavant

Quote:
The series will follow the adventures of Galavant, a dashing hero who is determined to reclaim his reputation and his "Happily Ever After" by going after the evil King Richard, who ruined it the moment he stole the love of Galavant's life, Madalena. The episodes will chronicle Galavant's journeys (and the twists and turns that go along with it) through musical numbers composed and written by Menken and Slater.

More to come...

Last edited by TZVETI83 : Jun 27th, 2014 at 10:21 AM.
TZVETI83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #2
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future
Re: What new TV shows to watch 2014/15 season..Trailers + Poll

ABC (continued)

Selfie

Quote:
Using a premise similar to Pygmalion and My Fair Lady, the series will follow the life of Eliza Dooley (a modern day version of Eliza Doolittle), a woman obsessed with becoming famous through the use of social media platforms (including the use of Instagram and taking selfies), until she realizes that she needs to actually find people that she can be friends with physically instead of "friend" them online. This prompts Eliza to hire Henry Higenbottam (a modern day version of Henry Higgins), a marketing self-image guru who is left with the task of rebranding Eliza's image in the hopes to show her that there is more to life out there than just playing Candy Crush Saga with an iPhone and connecting with a Facebook page.

American Crime

Quote:
American Crime is an upcoming American crime drama series that will debut on ABC during the 2014–15 television season. The series was created by Academy Award-winner John Ridley, and stars Felicity Huffman and Timothy Hutton. The series centers on race, class and gender politics, and follow a racially charged murder and the subsequent trial.

Manhattan Love Story

Quote:
The series will chronicle the journey of a first-time couple and the questions they are actually thinking about from the moment they begin a relationship.

Forever

Quote:
Doctor Henry Morgan (Ioan Gruffudd), New York City’s star medical examiner, has a secret. He doesn’t just study the dead to solve criminal cases, he does it to solve the mystery that has eluded him for 200 years—the answer to his own inexplicable immortality. This long life has given Henry remarkable observation skills which impresses his new partner Detective Jo Martinez (Alana De La Garza). Each week, a new case and their budding friendship will reveal layers of Henry’s long and colorful past. Only his best friend and confidant, Abe (Judd Hirsch) knows Henry’s secret.

Fresh of the Boat

Quote:
The story follows the story of Eddie Huang's Taiwanese family as they make their way from Washington DC to Orlando, Florida to open up a steak restaurant during the 1990s. The mother struggles with culture clash, the father embraces the "American Dream", and Eddie and his brothers struggle with assimilating into the school.

Cristela

Quote:
The series will chronicle the life of a Mexican-American law school graduate who must balance her chance to live the American Dream by working as a unpaid intern at a law firm, with the concerns of her family, including her sister (a call center operator at a cable TV company who wants her to get a real job), her brother-in-law (who sees her as a freeloader and wants her to find another place to live), and her mother (who wants her to settle down).

Black-ish

Quote:
Black-ish is a upcoming American comedy series starring Anthony Anderson, Tracee Ellis Ross and Laurence Fishburne, that set for debut on ABC during the 2014–15 television season. The single-camera comedy centers on the middle-class African-American family.

Agent Carter

Quote:
In 1946, Peggy Carter must balance the routine office work she does for the Strategic Scientific Reserve, while secretly working with Howard Stark on missions.
Sneak Peak

CW

The Flash

Quote:
After a particle accelerator causes a freak storm, CSI Investigator Barry Allen is struck by lightning and falls into a coma. Months later he awakens with the power of super speed, granting him the ability to move through Central City like an unseen guardian angel. Though initially excited by his newfound powers, Barry is shocked to discover he is not the only "meta-human" who was created in the wake of the accelerator explosion -- and not everyone is using their new powers for good. Barry partners with S.T.A.R. Labs and dedicates his life to protect the innocent. For now, only a few close friends and associates know that Barry is literally the fastest man alive, but it won't be long before the world learns what Barry Allen has become...The Flash.

Jane the Virgin

Quote:
Set in Miami, the series will detail the surprising and unforeseen events that will take place in the life of Jane Villanueva, a hard-working, religious young Latina woman whose family tradition and a vow to save her virginity until her marriage to a detective is shattered when a doctor accidentally artificially inseminates her by mistake during a checkup. And to make matters worse, the biological donor is a married man, a former playboy and cancer survivor who is not only the new owner of the hotel where Jane works, but was also her former teenage crush.

CBS

Scorpion

Quote:
An eccentric genius and his team join forces with a government agent to fight the new threats facing America in the digital age. Elyes Gabel, Robert Patrick and Katharine McPhee star. This Fall on CBS.

NCIS: New Orleans

Quote:
The New Orleans office of NCIS does things the old school way. Let the good times roll. Scott Bakula stars in NCIS: New Orleans. This Fall on CBS.

Madam Secretary

Quote:
Unexpectedly thrust into the position of Secretary of State, ex-CIA operative and college professor Elizabeth McCord must drive international diplomacy and wrangle office politics, all while balancing a complex family life. Tea Leoni and Tim Daly star. This Fall on CBS.

Stalker

Quote:
In Los Angeles, the detectives of the Threat Assessment Unit tackle the toughest stalking cases for the LAPD. Maggie Q and Dylan McDermott star. This Fall on CBS.

The McCarthys

Quote:
When the gay son of a sports-crazed Boston clan decides to fly the coop, his loving family has other plans. Tyler Ritter, Laurie Metcalf, Jack McGee and Joey McIntyre star in The McCarthys. This Fall on CBS.

Extant

Quote:
Astronaut Molly Woods went on a 13-month solo mission. She did not return alone. Halle Berry stars in Extant. Premieres July 9 on CBS.

Waiting for more unreleased trailers from Agent Carter, The Astronaut's Wives Club, Members Only, Battle Creek, CSI: Cyber, The Odd Couple, IZombie, The Messengers, Bordertown, Weird Loners, Allegiance, Emerald City, Mr. Robinson, Mission Control, One Big Happy, The Odyssey, The Slap, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

From these most looking forward to see trailers for Emerald City based on the book series about the Land of Oz, also Marvels's Agent Carter, IZombie and The Messengers.

Last edited by TZVETI83 : Aug 23rd, 2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old May 15th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #3
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Well I saw Gracepoint when it was called Broadchurch, which was kind of tedious, slow, and clichéd. Somehow I missed what caused Tennant's character's health problem, too, since I might have nodded off during some episodes. But I'll give that show a shot, same with the Matt Damon show, Wayward Pines, unless it is on HBO or Showtime.

I will probably also watch the first few episodes of How To Get Away with Murder just for Viola Davis. The trailer starts out good and then gets bad. I'm sure I won't be able to make it through the series.

I barely watch series on network TV, especially sitcoms, anymore.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 08:16 PM   #4
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

cool thread, thanks for compiling these.

is it just me or do many of these shows look exactly the same? the only one that stood out for me was "the last man on earth".

they actually let m. night shyamalan do a whole show?

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #5
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Compiling these trailers was so much work, OP! I only noticed once I started watching some of them. Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post

Only 10 episodes. He should be able to handle that.

I looked at the Gracepoint trailer. It is exactly the same as Broadchurch. They need to change the murderer.

The fall season is a great one for black women of a certain age: Viola Davis, Alfre Woodard, and Octavia Spencer.

Also, Terence Howard has two shows and so does Juliette Lewis.

State of Affairs looks like it is good for a laugh.

I know all these shows won't survive, but some don't look bad (except I think I'll skip Gracepoint after all).
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 09:02 PM   #6
country flag TZVETI83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
cool thread, thanks for compiling these.

is it just me or do many of these shows look exactly the same? the only one that stood out for me was "the last man on earth".

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
Compiling these trailers was so much work, OP! I only noticed once I started watching some of them. Good job.

Only 10 episodes. He should be able to handle that.

I looked at the Gracepoint trailer. It is exactly the same as Broadchurch. They need to change the murderer.

The fall season is a great one for black women of a certain age: Viola Davis, Alfre Woodard, and Octavia Spencer.

Also, Terence Howard has two shows and so does Juliette Lewis.

State of Affairs looks like it is good for a laugh.

I know all these shows won't survive, but some don't look bad (except I think I'll skip Gracepoint after all).
My pleasure thanks for posting.
Old May 16th, 2014, 07:40 AM   #7
country flag TZVETI83

Here is another show coming soon to SyFy

Dominion

Quote:
An army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, has waged a war of possession against mankind. The archangel Michael, turning against his own kind, has chosen to side with humanity against Gabriel. After the 25-year-long battle, newly fortified cities have arisen to protect human survivors.

NBC summer show

Crossbones

Quote:
The series is a fictionalization of the life of the pirate Edward "Blackbeard" Teach[1] in and around the island of New Providence in The Bahamas. The show was created by Neil Cross, creator of the British television series Luther, and whose television writing credits include Spooks and Doctor Who. Starring John Malkovich.

Last edited by TZVETI83 : Jul 23rd, 2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old May 16th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #8
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

I can smell a big flop for Night Shyamalan

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #9
country flag TZVETI83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valanga View Post
I can smell a big flop for Night Shyamalan
I actually think Wayward Pines could be a hit. The trailer looks good, he is not the only writer involved and the cast is one of the best on any TV show. I mean Melissa Leo.
Old May 16th, 2014, 08:55 AM   #10
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Great job, OP

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 09:13 AM   #11
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Are they serious with the plot of 'Jane the Virgin'
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 09:16 AM   #12
country flag TZVETI83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Are they serious with the plot of 'Jane the Virgin'
Perhaps the worst show of the season for me or maybe The McCarthys. Which is so filled with cliches that its borderline offensive.
Old May 16th, 2014, 09:16 AM   #13
country flag TZVETI83

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118 View Post
Great job, OP
My pleasure
Old May 16th, 2014, 09:27 AM   #14
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread, I am googling some of these shows and deciding which ones I will be watching.
A question for OP, do you know some good sci-fi show that started airing last year or maybe in 2012, so I can DL full series/season now? I hate waiting a week before I am able to download a new episode, so I prefer to wait for the whole season to air and then watch it in a week
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #15
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

McPheeGoddess keeps getting thrown a lifeline after every time she flops. From recording contract to TV show <3. Unfortunately, Scorpion is not going to make it past mid-season.

Maggie Q <3
Stalker looks legit.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote