*The Leona Lewis fans thread* - 'ECHO' 2009 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 20th, 2008, 12:23 AM   #1
country flag Conor

Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute
*The Leona Lewis fans thread* - 'ECHO' 2009

***L!VE LEONA PERFORMACNES***

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=37

Singer's version of 'Run' is not available to buy as a single

Leona Lewis could have missed out on a hit single after her record company Sony decided not to release her cover version of Snow Patrol's 'Run'.

The singer was set to release the song after performing it on Saturday's (November 15) edition of 'The X Factor'.

However, her record label, Sony, shelved the release plan after paying for a video to accompany the song.

According to The Sun, one of the theories behind the label scrapping the release is that Sony bosses wanted fans to spend more money and buy the new edition of her album 'Spirit', which was due out Monday (November 17) - and has the track included as an extra.

A source is quoted as saying: "If that's the case, the Leona camp will be furious. Given the choice of a single or a double Number One I know what they would have preferred.

"It's an absolute cock-up. It was due out as a download and would have walked to Number One."

This isn't the first time Leona has suffered a supposed release mishap - earlier this month the download version of her track 'Forgive Me' was released a day after efforts from rivals including and Britney Spears.

A spokesman for Leona Lewis refuted the newspaper's source's claims, saying, "'Run' has never been scheduled for release as a single. It is available on the new edition of 'Spirit', in stores now and digitally from December 1."

The track has received significant radio airplay in the UK, and has featured in several airplay related charts.

http://www.nme.com/news/leona-lewis/41152

*Edit. I knew Sony would eventually give in

Last edited by Conor : Dec 3rd, 2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Because i want to
Conor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #2
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leona Lewis robbed of Number One single by own record company?

They should release it closer to Xmas, and it'll go to #1
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 08:06 AM   #3
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

But what can she do?
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #4
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Bastards!!!!!
ivanban is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #5
country flag shirley

shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute

Prefer Snow Patrol's version myself but I can't believe how greedy her record company have been.

*Kilmarnock FC: Scottish League Cup Winners 2012*

Juan Martin Del Potro

World Cup 2010 Prediction Joint Champion
shirley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM   #6
country flag LDF

LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute

It's actually turning out to be a smart move by the record company, as people are rushing out to buy the deluxe edition of the album instead [it's #1 in the mid-weeks, ahead of Dido].

Still, I think they should've released it as a single to maximise sales.

Serena WilliamsJelena Jankovic

Hantuchova~Watson~Robson~Mladenovic~Muguruza
LDF is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #7
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

IT WORKED!!!

Smart move, sony.

It worked PERFECTLY.

And now BEE can get her 5th solo UK #1 Thanks Sony

Last edited by Dodoboy. : Nov 20th, 2008 at 08:03 PM.
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #8
country flag stevos
Open the Light

stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute stevos has a reputation beyond repute

That's just a smart business move by the record company. I'm confused having some big single not released is such a horrible thing when it's out on her "special" album anyway. Otherwise way less people would buy the album.
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #9
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd have thought that most of the people that were going to buy her album would have done so by now.

Still, singles are meant to promote an album.

It makes sense to me to release this song as a single - that maximises the album's publicity in the run up to Christmas.

Though if it's getting airplay anyway, I suppose that's less necessary.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #10
country flag Conor

Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute Conor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevos View Post
That's just a smart business move by the record company. I'm confused having some big single not released is such a horrible thing when it's out on her "special" album anyway. Otherwise way less people would buy the album.
Do you not think shes earned Sony enough money this past year? She's worked tirelessly all year to promote the album, flying all over the world, so many live performances. Run would be a guaranteed number 1... I think they owe her that at least. Not to mention they've already paid for and shot a video for it! Heres the live performace she gave last Saturday http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ovGFPKZ3lgM
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 11:25 PM   #11
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

It's awful and overblown anyways.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 02:04 AM   #12
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

But didn't she already release a song two weeks earlier that went in at #5? It was the battle of the divas and she finished third (Beyoncé was #2 and Britney was #4).

Why the hell release another song two weeks later

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13-USO14
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 02:09 AM   #13
country flag Conor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Supernova*~ View Post
But didn't she already release a song two weeks earlier that went in at #5? It was the battle of the divas and she finished third (Beyoncé was #2 and Britney was #4).

Why the hell release another song two weeks later
It was going to be released for Christmas.
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 03:21 AM   #14
country flag Callum

Callum has a brilliant future Callum has a brilliant future Callum has a brilliant future Callum has a brilliant future Callum has a brilliant future Callum has a brilliant future Callum has a brilliant future Callum has a brilliant future Callum has a brilliant future Callum has a brilliant future Callum has a brilliant future

It's shit anyway, so I'm glad.
Callum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 08:08 PM   #15
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

The record company have failed, this has gone to #1!

In Ireland