Magnitude 6.0 earthquake hits Napa Valley region - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #1
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute
Magnitude 6.0 earthquake hits Napa Valley region

A magnitude 6.0 earthquake rattled through Northern California early Sunday morning, the largest temblor to hit the Napa Valley area in nearly 25 years.

The quake struck at 3:20 local time near American Canyon about 6 miles southwest of Napa, the USGS reported. It's the largest quake since the Loma Prieta temblor in 1989.

In this picturesque town, known for its lush vineyards, robust wines and rolling hills, the full extent of a 6.0 magnitude earthquake was becoming clear by Sunday morning.

Throughout the downtown area, there was no power. Alarms of all kinds — fire, burglar and car — were blaring.

Residents trickled into the five blocks that make up the historic downtown to see the damage. On Second Street, the masonry, wires and girders that make up the corner of the roof of a three story historic building hung precariously over the sidewalk. A gaping hole is left where the masonry used to be. On the ground below a pile of bricks and rubble littered the sidewalk. Falling concrete has damaged trees.

The historic Napa Valley courthouse has also lost a portion of its roof and police have begun to cordon off sections of the downtown to keep crowds away from the debris.

Douglas Edwards, 27, Napa resident, said the earthquake woke him up from a sound sleep.

"It was shaking so hard I was barely able to get myself and my daughter out," he said. "When I stood up, the floor moved so much, I feel back down again. I ran outside and you could see the transformers exploding in the sky. It was just flash, flash, flash."

He said his home was completely wrecked. Everything fell off the walls and furniture was upended. The only thing that didn't crash to the floor, he said, has a framed picture of the Last Supper.

Napa Fire Capt. Steve Becker said there have been "numerous" injuries reported in the region, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. A fire at a mobile home park in Napa destroyed at least three homes, and a water main break was hampering efforts to put out the blaze, Becker said.

The Napa Valley Register reported widespread damage in the area, but it is not immediately clear how extensive the destruction is. Initial reports suggest two fires, a collapsed roof and broken gas mains, the Register reported. Napa police have activated the city's emergency operations center and were working to assess the damage.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...uake/14524035/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #2
country flag aknox

aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future
Re: Magnitude 6.0 earthquake hits Napa Valley region

Here it comes. California will drift away into the Pacific.
Originally Posted by ivanxie View Post
Moonball her to death!

Pojd! Ajde! Allez up your...! Vamos?!.......
aknox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #3
country flag fufuqifuqishahah

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Here it comes. California will drift away into the Pacific.
that would require like a.... 30.0 magnitude earthquake

Grand Slam [oJankyoEugeniusoAnaresoBarktraoRebelLio]
Come Baaaack [oShinoboooMarie!oNutcrackeroThe Original Russian Bombshello]
Wake Up! [oVeeoThe Slovak SpideroFrannyoSlam StephensoVaniaoJellyDee!o]

fufuqifuqishahah is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #4
country flag aknox

aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future aknox has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufuqifuqishahah View Post
that would require like a.... 30.0 magnitude earthquake
You don't say.
Originally Posted by ivanxie View Post
Moonball her to death!

Pojd! Ajde! Allez up your...! Vamos?!.......
aknox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 03:25 PM   #5
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Very scary. I hope all are well
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 06:50 PM   #6
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute

no one ask the most important question, anyone died or got hurt? the building and the rest can be rebuild

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 07:04 PM   #7
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
no one ask the most important question, anyone died or got hurt? the building and the rest can be rebuild
Three Critically Injured, Almost 90 Treated At Napa Hospital Following 6.0 Earthquake

Two adults and one child have critical injuries and Queen of the Valley hospital has treated 87 people, the city of Napa in California wine country said in a statement Sunday. Most patients have cuts, bumps, bruises, said Vanessa DeGier, spokeswoman for the hospital in Napa. She says the facility has treated a hip fracture and heart attack, but it's unclear if it was related to the 6.0-magnitude earthquake

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5704615.html

Hoping those who are in critical condition get upgraded soon, and that everyone else stay safe with the possibility of strong aftershocks yet to come.
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 07:07 PM   #8
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantman View Post
Three Critically Injured, Almost 90 Treated At Napa Hospital Following 6.0 Earthquake

Two adults and one child have critical injuries and Queen of the Valley hospital has treated 87 people, the city of Napa in California wine country said in a statement Sunday. Most patients have cuts, bumps, bruises, said Vanessa DeGier, spokeswoman for the hospital in Napa. She says the facility has treated a hip fracture and heart attack, but it's unclear if it was related to the 6.0-magnitude earthquake

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5704615.html

Hoping those who are in critical condition get upgraded soon, and that everyone else stay safe with the possibility of strong aftershocks yet to come.
hope so as well, i visit the place in May last year, so beautiful

hope they will return to their health asap.

just scarry

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #9
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

And they say that there is 1 in 3 chance that a 6.0 > aftershock will shake the region soon
Azarenka Ivanovic Sharapova Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic Zhang Duan

Is Her Last Name Ivanovic?!

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote