End of the regular season: top 16 team view. - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 15th, 2010, 02:59 AM   #16
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: End of the regular season: top 16 team view.

Oklahoma beat Oklahoma State 4-3.
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2010, 05:00 AM   #17
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: NCAA At-larges

Eliminated

59. Oklahoma State 1-2

- Oklahoma St. was eliminated from NCAA At-large contention with their loss to #43 Oklahoma today.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 02:44 AM   #18
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Locks

47. Pepperdine 4-2

- Pepperdine is a lock for an NCAA at-large with their win over #40 Long Beach St. The 1st of my bubble teams punches their NCAA ticket.

At-Large Implications

#56 Harvard def. #62 Brown 5-2

#49 Nebraska upsets #34 Texas A&M 5-2

BYU upsets TCU 4-3

- Shalini Sahoo plays her 1st match for TCU.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 18th, 2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #19
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Miami wins the doubles point.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #20
country flag gouci

Re: On bubble to host regional

Hosting Implications

#14 Tennessee upsets #13 Georgia 4-2

Regional Hosts

13. Georgia

- Georgia is a lock to host an NCAA regional with their win over #18 South Carolina. The 1st scenario of my most likely to host secures their regional.

14. Tennessee

- Tennessee is a lock to host an NCAA regional with their wins over #18 South Carolina and #13 Georgia. The 2nd scenario of my most likely to host secures their regional.

Eliminated

19. South Florida

- South Florida is eliminated from hosting a regional with their lost to Notre Dame.

So #15 Florida St., #16 USC, #18 South Carolina, #17 Mississippi and #25 Georgia Tech are fighting to host the last 2 regionals.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #21
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Miami defeats Duke 4-3.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #22
country flag gouci

At-large Implications

#46 Yale def. #53 Dartmouth 6-1

Locks

46. Yale 5-1

- Yale is a lock for an NCAA at-large with their win over #53 Dartmouth. The 2nd of my bubble teams punches their NCAA ticket.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 07:05 AM   #23
country flag gouci

NCAA Tournament

Hosting Implications

#1 North Carolina def. #15 Florida St. 4-0

At-large Implications

#42 Utah def. TCU 4-3

#56 Harvard def. #46 Yale 4-3

- Today Princeton receives the Ivy League automatic NCAA bid.

Eliminated

77. TCU 1-2

- TCU is eliminated from NCAA At-large contention with their loss to #42 Utah today.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 24th, 2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #24
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Big assumption to make about Georgia & Tennessee as locks to host. Remember that they still have to play in the SEC tournament and a loss in the quarters might be enough to do either of them in. They are the 3 and 4 seeds in the SEC tournament, so they will have tough 4-5 and 3-6 matches and it is conceivable that a couple of teams like Ole Miss or even Vanderbilt could make strong runs through the tournament and take away top-16 spots.

Also you're probably right about South Florida being out of hosting but it is by no means a lock. At this point it is really too far out to rule anyone out, assuming a team plays in a strong conference, has a conference tournament, and still has a chance for some good wins. The loss against ND isn't going to hurt USF that much and maybe a win against DePaul in the Big East tournament combined with some bad losses by teams ahead of them in their respective tournaments gets them in. Also, though it is unlikely, a win against ND in the conference tournament would likely get them into the top 16...which as we have seen in the last few years doesn't guarantee that you're going to host anyway!

Probably right about most of your predictions, though I wouldn't call most of them "locks" just yet. I think a "lock" is a team that, even were they to lose the rest of their matches, would still be where you project them to be. With so much tennis left to play, I just don't think that you can call anyone a lock for anything at this point. Even if a team is in a conference with no conference tournament, they are still at the mercy of what the teams above them and below them do. A team ranked 42 today and static this week could have the bad luck of having the 43-49 teams do well in their tournaments and could find themselves out of the NCAA tournament.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 09:36 AM   #25
country flag gouci

NCAA Tournament

Hosting Implications

#12 Stanford def. #18 USC 4-3

At-Large Implications

#45 Harvard def. #56 Dartmouth 4-3

Locks

45. Harvard 5-1-0

- Harvard is now a lock for an NCAA at-large with their win over #56 Dartmouth.

Eliminated

49. FIU 3-0-2

- FIU is eliminated from NCAA at-large contention with #66 Mississippi St. and #74 North Texas falling out of the rankings on 4/11.

75. San Diego St. 1-2-0

- SDSU is eliminated from NCAA At-large contention with their loss to Wyoming on 4/16.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 22nd, 2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 07:30 AM   #26
country flag gouci

Re: NCAA Tournament

At-large Implications

#53 Wake Forest def. #41 North Carolina St. 4-2

#74 LSU upsets #64 Alabama 4-2

- LSU's ranking increase helps Rice and San Diego. USD's ranking helps UCI & SDSU which in turn will pull up Long Beach St.

- Alabama's loss doesn't help Oklahoma.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 04:48 AM   #27
country flag gouci

Hosting Implications

#14 Florida St. upsets #10 Duke 4-2

#20 Georgia Tech upsets #11 Miami 4-3

#16 South Carolina upsets #15 Georgia 4-1

#13 Tennessee def. #29 Vanderbilt 4-2

#17 Mississippi def. #25 Arkansas 4-2

- How did Mississippi become the SEC #2 seed and Georgia became the #4 seed? The standings on the ITA website must have been wrong. Georgia was ranked #13 and a lock to host a regional until they ended the season with 3 straight losses including getting upset back to back which probably just eliminated Georgia from becoming a regional host.

Regional Hosts

14. Florida State

- Florida St. is a lock to host an NCAA regional with their win over #10 Duke.

Eliminated

18. USC

- USC is eliminated from hosting a regional with the upsets by Florida St. and South Carolina.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 24th, 2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 04:51 AM   #28
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Duke and Georgia.... I was counting on you guys..
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 05:35 AM   #29
country flag gouci

At-large Implications

#28 Iowa def. #52 Purdue 6-1

#40 Nebraska upsets #37 Oklahoma 6-1

- Nebraska exposes overrated Oklahoma and on the road no less.

Eliminated

52. Purdue 2-0-0

- Purdue is eliminated from NCAA At-large contention with their loss to Iowa on 4/23.
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 09:34 AM   #30
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post

- How did Mississippi become the SEC #2 seed and Georgia became the #4 seed?
Well, Mississppi, Georgia and Tennessee all finished 8-3 so I take it they just took the result of the mini-league between the three.

Sorry, trying to get up to 100 posts, so I'm going to say any old rubbish. Wish I could put that in my sig, but I don't seem to have one. Maybe when I get to 100 posts.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote