General discussion thread - Page 73 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #1081
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of
Re: General discussion thread

*walking down the memory lane*

I loved this match. It was one of those rare, nigh on miraculous matches where she never got broken. Such a purposeful, no nonsense, no drama galore, just what the doctor ordered type of performance.

Her backhand was glorious throughout. And she looked stunning in that outfit. So fit.
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #1082
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

Oh yes, I did watch that final....live! (I was barely a Justine fan, but certainly a huge fan of WTA at that point). She was very focused. I felt sorry for Amelie.
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #1083
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

The WTA was also a more friendly place to her because she was just in the embryonic stages of her greatness (although Clijsters was never really friendly with her at any stage; maybe when they were kids).
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:07 PM   #1084
country flag vejh

One more to go. Interesting Wimby.

BTW, the name Kerber keeps popping up. How real is she?

BTW, I felt a very brief twinge of "if only..." when I saw Clijsters hugging Pova at Wimby practice courts. I never saw any player hugging Ju like that; not even figuratively
But then I hardly saw Ju hugging anyone except after matches; and then she prefers the kiss on cheeks.lol.
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:16 PM   #1085
country flag vejh

And why do some say KC is a fake?
All I know for sure is she is a fake around Justine for sure.lol. She never shows true expression of like for Ju, and never really could give her genuine compliments.

Anywayz, she was really poor in her Wimby match. Bad for her. I bet she would have loved to sign balls for the spectators but she was in such a funk after her loss, she couldn't even hold her head up as she was leaving the court.
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #1086
country flag vejh

Nobody chats here anymore? Is there a Ju forum or something out there?
Has tennis not produced any story lines worthy of a chat?
Hey, Serena won her 14th GS. She's so strong and fast. She can be playing and winning till she's at least 35. With an african american female in this era, there is no precedence. But she can do it.
5 Wimby's.....just like how Ju should have won 5 FO or more.
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #1087
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

Congratulations Roger and long live the one-handed backhand.

Adieu Justine. There'll never be another one like you

j-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #1088
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vejh View Post
Hey, Serena won her 14th GS. She's so strong and fast. She can be playing and winning till she's at least 35. With an african american female in this era, there is no precedence. But she can do it.
5 Wimby's.....just like how Ju should have won 5 FO or more.
Nobody cares. Didn't care about Wimbledon while she played, let alone now. This year I only saw the last two sets of the final. Horrendous is the word.
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #1089
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-fan View Post
Congratulations Roger and long live the one-handed backhand.

debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #1090
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vejh View Post
Hey, Serena won her 14th GS. She's so strong and fast. She can be playing and winning till she's at least 35.
There isn't anything terribly exciting in tennis to make me watch as much as I used to -- the men, for the most part, are predictable and the women are simply uninteresting. I now just tune in to Slams when I have nothing better to do.

As for Serena being strong and fast, it's really more her serving ability that gets her through. It's like people oohing and awing over the Fed's shots and ignoring that his forehand sets much of those up.

I also get annoyed with constantly hearing how being 30 is elderly.
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #1091
country flag vejh

Ditto with that last line re age 30. lol. It drives me batty. But some folks (namely predictable journalists) will never learn.

Serena's strength is one of the reasons why her serve is so potent. Those rotator cuff muscles are so strong!!! So she has such a great, powerful and consistent service motion, and can rotate to hit her ground strokes from any angle. She is fast; even when she was so overweight for AO (2008 I think). And those strengths cover her poor footwork for the most part.

Last edited by vejh : Jul 25th, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #1092
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

The other important strength of SW is her self-confidence, her absolute conviction that she is the best and she can only beaten by herself.

In contrast to Justine, the weakest part of her game is her lack of self-confidence, except may be in 07-US Open. But I just love her vulnerable look which adds allure and excitement to her game. Instead of radiating contempt after hitting a winner like SW, Justine lets a half smile of satisfaction at her own artistry.

Adieu Justine. There'll never be another one like you

j-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #1093
country flag vejh

Quote:
Instead of radiating contempt after hitting a winner like SW, Justine lets a half smile of satisfaction at her own artistry.

In that sense she reminded me of a man. It was all about pushing the boundaries and fighting "mano a mano". It wasn't malicious/contemptous. Skill vs skill with respect for the opponent. She wasn't naturally catty.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #1094
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Wah! Been forever since I last posted. Didnt want to watch anymore tennis last year since i saw her live at AO. But just starting to watch some again this year. Its kind of nice too to have some surprises, new faces finally surfaced to win like vika, kvitova is like a bomb whenever she plays, maria rebounded -really after 4 years which i admire for her patience, and serena blasts off others again. Quite eventful. And who would have thought radwanska can be a top 3 player. I was rewatching 2007 stuggart ju vs her, quite fun to watch the two players who liked to create angles and surprised shots. I was browsing this 2004 Olympics again too, Still found Ju amazing in her return of illness. Oh, and Kim kind of flaming out automatically without rivalries with Ju. .

I agree , Ju was never patient enough to stck around. Much like her intensity to drive herself. Either win or out. And how I love her for creating drama. Her matches were always memorable, she couldn't really had it easy on herself. Sometimes just losing leads and had to battle back so feistily. Haha. And. Am really happy for her to have found anchor in her life, a balanced life with boyfriend, her club, the celebrity stuff and tennis commentating every now and then. I don't really worry about how other players surpassing her or not. She was an exceptional player, was and will always be remembered as one. She was never popular in the media nor tennis world, but she will always be missed by a very loyal bunch. That's what made her different from the pack. Everyone has his or her own lot. Justine henin will not fade away, she will be in the hall of fame for sure.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 02:40 AM   #1095
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, it only takes to look around in the WS's forum to see how much CARLOS is still in their head.
The hatred towads him (and JU) is staggering. Let's see it as a compliment

I find that the return of CARLOS sparks my intrest a bit.
I'm curious to see how he'll do with NA LI. She's not JU, but she's got that fire in her belly and with the right guidance, she can deliver. Go team NA!

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote