General discussion thread - Page 72 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 9th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #1066
country flag Cabomba

Cabomba is a name known to all Cabomba is a name known to all Cabomba is a name known to all Cabomba is a name known to all Cabomba is a name known to all Cabomba is a name known to all Cabomba is a name known to all Cabomba is a name known to all Cabomba is a name known to all Cabomba is a name known to all Cabomba is a name known to all
Re: General discussion thread

Sorry for being annoying, anyway this is my last post here:
Congrats to Maria for completing her career slam and thanks to her win for "releasing" me. Surprisingly, I dun really feel anything at all. Maybe days before I've already prepared for my worst fear to come.

But still, for her fighting spirit and all, she deserved it. Good bye WTA and tennisforum, good luck tothe hardworking girls who are trying to improve their games to excel, I wish them success
Cabomba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #1067
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vejh View Post
Bring out the clown (and the tears). So far, by the scoreline, Errani isn't able to handle Pova's big shots and the moment (they both are pretty much the same aga).

Pova can win a million zillion AOs, Wimbys, USOs but when she touches the venerable RG, the garden of our Justine, I am a little unhappy.
This is pretty much how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keinimod View Post
Complete silence

Cheer up, folks:
  1. While watching Maria and Sara I couldn't help thinking that there will probably never again be a real clay-courter. So Ju's legacy is not only safe, it's enhanced : The Last Great Clay Queen.
  2. Maria doesn't play clay tennis but she sure is no cow on ice anymore either. She found a way to overcome her disadvantage and that's the same thing Ju envisioned for Wimbledon. One has to respect that.
  3. Who else would you prefer to win RG realistically ? Serena ? Clijsters ? (The Horror) One of those run-once girls that fall apart after their first success (Ivanovic, Jankovic, Safina, Na Li, etc. etc, etc.) Someone like Radwanska, Wozniacki or Azarenka ?
  4. And last but not least : who's been having fun all over the place at RG while Maria is winning there ? None other than Justine Henin.
That's a great way to put it
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #1068
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Totally loved today.

Justine was trolling, she was praising Maria, bashing the tour, and was genuinely happy for Maria.

And that moment where she drinks champagne with Tatiana and Maria. Oh and when she received flowers because the team loved her niceness and stuff, and she said she would be back. Amazeballs.
Somebody please youtube this
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #1069
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

Quote:
Complete silence

Cheer up, folks:

[*]While watching Maria and Sara I couldn't help thinking that there will probably never again be a real clay-courter. So Ju's legacy is not only safe, it's enhanced : The Last Great Clay Queen.
Big deal. It's not like anyone sane enough is questioning that.
Quote:
[*]Maria doesn't play clay tennis but she sure is no cow on ice anymore either. She found a way to overcome her disadvantage and that's the same thing Ju envisioned for Wimbledon. One has to respect that.
If she had beaten anyone of note, then it would have been respectable. As it is, I can only congratulate her for the opportunism.
Quote:
[*]Who else would you prefer to win RG realistically ? Serena ? Clijsters ? (The Horror) One of those run-once girls that fall apart after their first success (Ivanovic, Jankovic, Safina, Na Li, etc. etc, etc.) Someone like Radwanska, Wozniacki or Azarenka ?
That's not the point. I don't want anyone to win it, but Sharapova is just a travesty.
Quote:
[*]And last but not least : who's been having fun all over the place at RG while Maria is winning there ? None other than Justine Henin.
You really think she enjoyed this? I mean really?

I am watching that youtube video now and it was awkward, for want of a better word.

I hope she doesn't commentate or go to RG again. At the rate she is going, first Ivanovic now this, I don't want to imagine what comes up next.
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #1070
country flag keinimod

keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilija View Post
If she had beaten anyone of note, then it would have been respectable. As it is, I can only congratulate her for the opportunism.
That's not the point. I don't want anyone to win it, but Sharapova is just a travesty.
What do you want her to do ? Challenge Nadal ?
Anyway, enough about Maria as far as I'm concerned, she has her own forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilija View Post
You really think she enjoyed this? I mean really?

I am watching that youtube video now and it was awkward, for want of a better word.

I hope she doesn't commentate or go to RG again. At the rate she is going, first Ivanovic now this, I don't want to imagine what comes up next.
Not in that clip, no.
But have you followed debby's thread in GM ? She certainly did have fun this week.
keinimod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #1071
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

I know Justine better than that. She was just professional and she most certainly didn't enjoy this. On the contrary.

Next move - handing the trophy to Serena and apologizing for the hand during the trophy ceremony. Stay tuned.
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #1072
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

I kinda cringed when Maria won it, and the thought of her as RG champ has really spelled out how clear the WTA is in a deep slump.
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #1073
country flag lightningquick

lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold

Havent posted here in a while anyway i thought ju looked out of place in that interview lol. About the final errani couldnt serve to save her life and maria is lucky she had such an opponent in the final as she looked tight when she was serving late in the 2nd set with the serves etc. She did hit many good winners thought but really errani was just feeding her i guess lol. What can we do this is wta now but maria has been consistent in the clay season and grabbed all the opportunities somehing ju failed to do whwn she was a set away from the gcs.
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #1074
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

@Cecilija : It's you who are talking not Justine!!!!

Why didn't she say no to Chamoulaud? Why did she come? Why was she smiling in her interviews ? Look at her interview of Pova I just posted in my thread, she was smiling after interviewing her.
During Pova's itw, it was not awkward, she was just focused, she has been that way all week, she is not as bubbly as Golovin and Luyat of course. But she laughed a lot, trust me. I've been watching it all week, she actually wants to come back next year "Yeah I will be back next year but I will miss you guys !!!" and had a huge smile when she received flowers from Luyat and co-commentators who all said she was "extremely sweet and nice".

Also she praised A LOT Maria. I mean, that's not because we are bitter she's never won Wimbledon she is bitter about Sharapova. Actually she moved on, did you read her interview on RG site ? She says she believes in fate, and she didn't mean to win Wimbledon, period.

Remember how she bashed tennis in 2008, she couldn't watch it, she was disgusted.
Now ? She enjoys commentating, she was happy to interview Errani, Pova, Kvitova and Stosur. She even drank champagne with Pova, and congratulated her, after being speechless at her final... She praised Pova's defense and tactics (I will talk about it after).

Cecilija - you don't know Justine AT ALL. Don't act like you know her. Good lord.
I don't see why it's bad to give the trophy (Grad did, Seles did, Pierce did, Sanchez Vicario did.. actually it's a huge honour !) or to comment ! or to go to RG ! I think it's actually great Justine is able to enjoy tennis as a spectator and to be insightful for TV. Didn't she want to work on TV ? Well, that's the dreamt opportunity ! Shouldn't we be happy for her instead of being bitter ?

Ok so about the match. It's not Sharapova's fault Serena lost in the first round, it's not her fault Kvitova is a failure these days...
To be fair, I thought Maria was amazing today. She was truly impressive. Only Justine and likely Serena could have beaten her in that form.
She moved really well, she managed to hit deep and powerful shots from angles... it was great to see, and Justine shared my opinion

And I am truly happy for her, it's clearly not the end of the WTA. She won three damn difficult Slams (Justine had an easy AO 04 as well), why would we say she undeserved RG? She won it, so she was the most deserving ! She was the most consistant, she came back from a very serious and career threatening injury, she fought hard, she worked hard on her game, she waited and she didn't mentally collapse. That's what you need to complete a Career Slam. Justine was unlucky but not as mentally strong as Sharapova. Maybe that's what made the difference.

I don't care, Justine Henin will remain forever my favourite player ever and the best ever all generations in my opinion, because I am fan and she gave me the love of tennis. But I am not biased nor bitter enough to admit that there is tennis before and after her.

Thus congrats Maria Sharapova.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #1075
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

btw "the horror" about Kim? I would have loved it ! If she played RG, I would have totally supported her to win it along with Vika. In Wimbledon, fingers crossed Kim and Vika meet in the final !
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #1076
country flag keinimod

keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of keinimod has much to be proud of

Quote:
btw "the horror" about Kim? I would have loved it ! If she played RG, I would have totally supported her to win it along with Vika. In Wimbledon, fingers crossed Kim and Vika meet in the final !
That wasn't cecilija who said that, that was lil'me

I don't do the 'hating' thing GM is so rampant of, but this bitch I can't stand. Everything about her is fake. She's nowhere near the person that is portrayed in the media. And if there's one person on the tour with 'lucky' achievements, it's this klutz. And I'm Flemish so it's not a Walloon-Flemish thing (one always has to add that disclaimer these days in fucking Belgium).
keinimod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #1077
debby

Quote:
That wasn't cecilija who said that, that was lil'me

I don't do the 'hating' thing GM is so rampant of, but this bitch I can't stand. Everything about her is fake. She's nowhere near the person that is portrayed in the media. And if there's one person on the tour with 'lucky' achievements, it's this klutz. And I'm Flemish so it's not a Walloon-Flemish thing (one always has to add that disclaimer these days in fucking Belgium).
Didn't say it was her who said that

Why? She is genuinely nice .... and she worked hard, actually she should have won more Slams if she was not such a choker....
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #1078
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

I couldn't really come on the board yesterday or saturday but you know, I didn't feel a single thing!!lol. And I mean it!!

But i thought: good things come to those who wait 8 yrs to win 4 gs. Ju never stuck around for so long (4 yrs for 7 GS: impressive). Sometimes it IS all about the backstory.

I also was thinking that Pova is pretty consistently dependable in her game; and that counts for something ( i think I said this very thing yrs ago). Because there will come a day, a week, a GS, when the "hot" players cool off, and that consistency, average or not, will take you to the trophy. (This consistency in addition to a very lightweight draw). But the caveat to that is, you have to wait 2-3yrs b/w slams for that right moment.lol

Gotta admit, every now and then I wish Ju was not rendered helpless by that STOOPID wimbledon.

BTW, I don't think Ju needed to change her grip etc to win Wimby. She didn't win so many tournies on grass, or went to the finals twice because of buck ups, her game, for me, was gold on grass. Carlos slipped up on that one.

C'est la vie.
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #1079
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Totally loved today.

Justine was trolling, she was praising Maria, bashing the tour, and was genuinely happy for Maria.

And that moment where she drinks champagne with Tatiana and Maria. Oh and when she received flowers because the team loved her niceness and stuff, and she said she would be back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK7yVHQPp2I

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #1080
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

I watched Ju vs Capriati yesterday on you tube. Awwww. I miss her even more. She fought a really pro-Capriati crowd but by 5-5 3rd set the crowd was rooting for her. That usually happened wherever she went. She was so cute, and played such sparkling tennis, how could you not root for her.
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote