General discussion thread - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM   #976
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future
Re: General discussion thread

Looking like it's gonna be Fed vs Nadal again which means another Nadal FO.

Novak is acting like a whiny brat. As was Murray. They both should get together, cry and then do some breastfeeding.

Last edited by vejh : Jun 3rd, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM   #977
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

If Novak would just make the concession of sliding on clay his life would be so much easier. He looks like a foolish hard-headed dude insisting on running without sliding on the clay; his back is gonna pay the price if he doesn't slide into his shots.

Meanwhile Fed moves beautifully on the stuff.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM   #978
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing from JesusFed . Served so well today, something that is always lacking in his big finals against Nadal (definitely pressure has something to do with it). Djokovic's pace is right up his alley and he can hurt Novak so much more with his forehand and mix it up with his backhand that Novak does not have a specific pattern to exploit like against Nadal . Flatter balls to his backhand are also hugely preferable while Nadal does not like those to his forehand.

NOvak has become a rock-solid slow-court player fond of dragging out rallies until he can go for the kill, but Federer can close out rallies in one shot, which Rafa does not do. Ironically, the clay helped Roger in tracking down those crosscourt forehands which whistled past him on hardcourts.

Expected this to happen if Roger served well, and he did. Now if he does it in the final, he could finally beat Rafa at RG .
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 09:51 PM   #979
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

Rafa gets a bye for the finals

Wow, this looked a nightmare of a RG, but luckily it didn't materialise.
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #980
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future

They haven't thwacked a ball yet and I'm already happy.
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #981
country flag vejh

^ You are?

Li is looking like a winner today; very calm and confident.
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #982
country flag vejh

No way Fed beats Rafa. Rafa just glad Nole didn't win; now he can beat up on Fed.

Novak couldn't move well on the clay yesterday and that hurt him really bad. He was slipping and sliding and just couldn't get any footing. Hopefully he'll learn from his horrible movement yesterday. He was so gracious in his post-match interview; sweet

BTW, where are the transcripts of the FO interviews? I'm sure the 3 min video clip with all of one question and answer is not the full players interview.
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #983
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

happy belated birthday Justine

Hope she hasn´t been following the RG in girls .If she has done so,she would have probably thought she would be able to win even with one arm,and the sad part is that she´s right

I´m rooting for Li,I know she´s kind of brainless ballbasher and would be weird seeing with the Suzanne Lenglen Cup,but I had enough with Schiavone
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #984
country flag #kArLoS#

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

Li wins the 1st set

64 without facing BPs .Hope this doesnt turn out to a 3-set loss like in Melbourne,though
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #985
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future

It's not terribly compelling to watch like last year's match was. I have to leave for work in an hour...and kind of hope this can end before then.

I do wonder if Li Na can keep this up in the 2nd set.
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #986
country flag cynicole

Every time Schiavone misses a first serve, I keep imagining thought bubbles over Li's head saying, "Please double-fault."

Li Na is moving well for a basher...which, really, is like saying she's moving well for a standard WTA player. Just a bit shaky since she had that chance when she had break point at 4-2.

Oh dear, if Li doesn't win this set, I'm going to have to find a working, unblocked Internet livestream at work.
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #987
country flag cynicole

There we go. Li Na, Roland Garros champ.

Sounds even stranger than last year. Yeah, very, very strange.

Fran shockingly unprepared for some points. And shockingly bad at some points.

*sigh* Why couldn't Li do this to Kim earlier this year?

And now I'm late for work.
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #988
country flag #kArLoS#

Li wins

RG never ceases to amaze me .Who will be the next champion?
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #989
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

Now all of China will be trying to play clay court tennis. Justine's tennis academy will be overflown with prospective applicants - who wouldn't want to learn from the best clay courter ever.

Adieu Justine. There'll never be another one like you

j-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #990
country flag cynicole

I guess they opened that academy in China just in time.