General discussion thread - Page 65 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 10:52 AM   #961
country flag explorer

explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of
Re: General discussion thread

I hardly watched any woman's matches in RG, I caught a bit of Fran though. Have to agree with cynicole, B-level of Jusitne. Thinking about her and Kuz, probably only two players left can actuall play with a bit variety on clay. Seeing those 6'+ girls hit from back of the court, don't even know how to move on clay, is depressing. Anyway,on the possive side, I've saved a lot of time by not watching those boring games. Missing Justine though, ber game is such a joy to watch.

When I thought about RG, I found I only wathed one full match, that's a Fed match. The time is not good for us in OZ, and I wouldn't bother to stay up late if there is no Justine or potential good matches on man's side. I'm planning to watch man's semi, top 4 in the semi, should be good.
explorer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 10:56 AM   #962
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

None of these 6' girls can slide. Even if they do, they do it so awkwardly it's
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM   #963
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookodile View Post
None of these 6' girls can slide. Even if they do, they do it so awkwardly it's
I was just struck by how EASY winning points on clay seems this year. Since nobody can slide and recover off wide balls, this pattern will work EVERY TIME : one good crosscourt angle + hit down the line/behind opponent. They won't even bother to chase it down. Brainless players like Kuznetsova could not even do that to a Bartoli , and she is supposed to be a claycourter.

In some ways, it is easier for big hitters to win points on clay. The best defenders are not even good on clay anymore.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 11:55 AM   #964
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

They've changed the balls apparently, to suit the ballbashers
Which can explain why Nadal is kinda struggling. But I haven't really been watching Nadal.
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 02:13 PM   #965
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

When did they change the balls? Don't think Nadal is struggling because of that. He really has only lost to Novak the previous 3 tournaments.

I must confessed I actually watched Pova vs Li this morning. And it did nothing to change my mind against these players. Li had the advantage the whole match IMO, but then if a non HC point was played it was chaos for her.lol. The 2nd set was mostly disgusting tennis.

But I am glad for Li that at 29 she's making the finals. Talk about taking advantage of the rut in women's tennis.
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 02:21 PM   #966
country flag eck
Esmerelda

They changed the balls at this tournament. There were mentioning something about it at the start.

Throughout the European claycourt swing, Dunlop balls were used but the second Grand Slam event of the season has instead opted for Babolat, which generally move faster through the air, as part of a new deal with manufacturers.

"I'm hearing a lot of conversations about the balls. It's just that they're not the same from what we've just played with for the last month," said Federer.

"And that for us is the most frustrating part, that the tournaments all changed to the Roland Garros ball after last year, (but) Roland Garros has changed their balls again.

"Now we're stuck with a different deal for all the different ATP Tour events. That is the frustrating part that we need to adjust before the French."
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM   #967
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

Well it is the same for all players. Nadal has lifted his level throughout this tournament, so he has adjusted. What's the women's excuse?lol.

What is the dreadful noise Schiavone makes when she hits the ball?
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM   #968
country flag eck
Esmerelda

I'm just saying the ballbashers can hit it better and the neutralizers of the game are having a harder time.

If it took Nadal say....4 rounds to get accustomed, do you really think the women would take shorter?

And ....have you watch Franny play? It's what she always does
PHOAWWWHEE.
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 02:51 PM   #969
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future

I used to loathe Schiavone's grunt so much that I loathed Schiavone and cheered for whoever was playing her. What totally turned everything around for me was seeing her in person in 2003, watching her matches and two or three of her practice sessions. What I loved was how she tried to get her doubles partner to laugh and how she tried to get those of us sitting courtside during her practice session entertained (her coach even approached us with racquets and asked us if we wanted to hit with Fran). It was kind of funny how she got swamped at the end for autographs. And there was one kid that nearly missed out that she was very nice to. At that time, the only thing she was really notable for was beating Kim at Hopman Cup.

It all made the grunt forgivable.

Oh dear, Alison Lang.
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 03:08 PM   #970
country flag eck
Esmerelda

I know it's been said to death, but I kinda see Justine in Franny. Except the noise.
She's a nice girl, I think I've seen her having practice sessions at AO2005. She is a workhorse. I'm happy she got a slam, perhaps unexpectedly, but nice regardless.
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 03:27 PM   #971
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

She is going to have two slams on Saturday. Amaze
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 03:52 PM   #972
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future

I'm actually feeling sorry for Bartoli. She's getting outplayed.

These former 17-32 seeds of the Williams/Belgians era are so much better than the young players that the tennis media world keeps trying to shove down our throats.
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 04:08 PM   #973
country flag vejh

That's because these former 17-32 seeds had the benefit of better quality opponents. Dull does NOT sharpen dull.

Schiavone! There is some sense of justice at this FO. Even so, I can see Li giving Schiavone more trouble than Marion could muster.
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 04:35 PM   #974
country flag cynicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicole View Post
I have to remember not to eat when the SFs roll around. If I hear it's going to be a Sharapova vs. Bartoli match-up for the final, I may vomit in my mouth.
I'm eating now.
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:32 AM   #975
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

So unreasonably happy today Sharapova lost. I should have expected it, but the Career Slam nightmare kept haunting me all these days, and each win was like a dagger to my heart. I know owning all the Slams means so little these days when RG plays like an indoor court (minus the wind) and Wimbledon like a clay court, but still.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote