General discussion thread - Page 64 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2011, 04:12 AM   #946
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future
Re: General discussion thread

I'm an in between Pova fan And ain't NO WAY i want her winning the FO. I am already resigned to the fact that the WTA sucks but to see Pova win a GS on clay would signal again the travesty of women's tennis.

Kuzzy is quietly sneaking through; and should she or Schiavone win it, I would be okay.

On the men's front: I want Novak to win it; no questions asked. I want him to take that FO in 2011
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2011, 12:46 PM   #947
country flag Claycourter

Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapaco View Post
no henin fan would ever want cow to win rg, but then again coming from a troll it's not that surprising.
Yeah, let's hope, Bartoli or Na Li win it Would be great for the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapaco View Post
he used to actually like wozniacki and hate on sharapova before
I don't have to marry myself to any player, Wozniacki is a wasted potential turned into cowardly, moonballing baseliner, who instead of learning how to play is trying to outgrind her opponents. She has the mentality of a loser from the get go and what went from a breath of fresh air young gun with potential to become next Hingis, became this...grinder of a tennis player who looks like she's attacking someone with a frying pan every time she hits a forehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1_and_uh_noone View Post
You don't say ... interesting. I haven't really observed the trends of Claycourter's allegiances much, but he used to like Caro and now absolutely loathes her?? And already a Sharpie fan, that makes sense. Somehow Sharpie is just not an acquired taste, you either worship her or detest her.
Yeah, like I sort of warmed up to Masha because of all she went through and came back strong, not many would carry on with her millions, but she loves teh game and has a heart of a lioness. A champion's mind who wants to win more slams and titles, in other words she comes to win and you can see vicious hunger in her eyes in recent matches. She comes to win not wait for her opponent to lose and she's good looking, young, charismatic unlike most of fat mugs on the tour. Hope that answers your question.

Quote:
Sharapova is a one-dimensional basher who cannot hit anything but flat forehands and backhands if her life depended on it. I admire her attitude and all, but I will not root for her game, ever. Azarenka at least looks like she is bent on adding to her game. She comes in a lot more, and is playing some very nice angles. She also slides on the clay and is adding air to her shots to bring rallies to neutral.

I don't have to explain why Kuzzy or Schiavone winning would be good. I would love to see Kuzzy deservedly tie Masha in no. of Slams.
One dimensional basher? Her touch is underrated, she has good volleys, decent droppers, best 2HBH in the business bar NONE. You are full of bias if you think Azarenka comes anywhere close, with that club level forehand and club level serve of hers to Masha. Not to mention so many lame retirements that would make Fakervic proud. And Kuznetsova.. choker and luckiest 2 slam wonder in history. In no way she deserves anything more than she already has.

Agree about Franny though, she's amazing and she also has the champion's mind and the drive to win. If she takes RG, I wouldn't mind.

Last edited by Claycourter : May 31st, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
Claycourter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 03:09 PM   #948
country flag Lapaco

Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of Lapaco has much to be proud of

one big lol
Lapaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 03:11 PM   #949
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claycourter View Post
One dimensional basher? Her touch is underrated, she has good volleys, decent droppers, best 2HBH in the business bar NONE. You are full of bias if you think Azarenka comes anywhere close, with that club level forehand and club level serve of hers to Masha. Not to mention so many lame retirements that would make Fakervic proud. And Kuznetsova.. choker and luckiest 2 slam wonder in history. In no way she deserves anything more than she already has.

Agree about Franny though, she's amazing and she also has the champion's mind and the drive to win. If she takes RG, I wouldn't mind.
I had to rest my aching sides after reading that one. But I don't blame you, hero-worship does blind a fan to a player's obvious faults. I will be the first to admit her attitude is superlative and wins her many matches, but her game, just . As for Azarenka, I am not the hugest fan, but I prefer her to Shutupova, she at least appears to be adding to her game. Kuzzy is flat out better than anyone not named Schiavone, on clay. Even Justine acknowledged her as her biggest rival.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 03:36 PM   #950
country flag Claycourter

Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future Claycourter has a brilliant future

Quote:
I had to rest my aching sides after reading that one. But I don't blame you, hero-worship does blind a fan to a player's obvious faults. I will be the first to admit her attitude is superlative and wins her many matches, but her game, just . As for Azarenka, I am not the hugest fan, but I prefer her to Shutupova, she at least appears to be adding to her game. Kuzzy is flat out better than anyone not named Schiavone, on clay. Even Justine acknowledged her as her biggest rival.
I've actually been following some of your posts and they are nothing but bias. You hate on Masha in every thread and yet you think Azarenka "adds to her game" while in reality she has remained the same underpowered grinder ever since she came on tour. Does she come to the net? No. Can she serve? No. Can she do anything other than hitting cross court backhands. No. If you took the time to watch Maria, she actually rushes the net a lot these days and volleys well to shorten the points.

As for Kuznetsova, Justine was merely commenting on her most uncomfortable match up. Obviously Kuznetsova is tougher on clay because she can hit heavy spin forehands and serves to Justine's BH all day, it's just her mental midget mentality that let her down. However on fast courts, Masha would definitely be a tougher opponent. Her big serving and aggressive hitting clearly bothered Justine.
Claycourter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 05:24 PM   #951
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future

I have to remember not to eat when the SFs roll around. If I hear it's going to be a Sharapova vs. Bartoli match-up for the final, I may vomit in my mouth.
Old May 31st, 2011, 10:23 PM   #952
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

Well let's not dwell too much on the present.

Let's remember the joy and privilege that we all had in witnessing the magical performances by Justine at RG for all those years. I never get tired of watching those matches again and again and seeing something new every time.

Adieu Justine. There'll never be another one like you

j-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 01:26 PM   #953
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicole View Post
I have to remember not to eat when the SFs roll around. If I hear it's going to be a Sharapova vs. Bartoli match-up for the final, I may vomit in my mouth.
I don't know, if we ever got there, there's no way I'm rooting for Marion to win
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 02:13 PM   #954
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future

I think this may be the first time I've been more interested in the women's legends draw, than the women's singles draw. I guess I'm officially old now.

These were the SF lineups:
Lindsay Davenport / Martina Hingis vs. Gigi Fernandez / Natasha Zvereva
Martina Navratilova / Jana Novotna vs. Magdalena Maleeva / Nathalie Tauziat

I love Na Li / Li Na's personality. Her game... not so much. On personality alone, I'd take her over Sharapova. But...
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM   #955
country flag cynicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-fan View Post
Well let's not dwell too much on the present.

Let's remember the joy and privilege that we all had in witnessing the magical performances by Justine at RG for all those years. I never get tired of watching those matches again and again and seeing something new every time.
It's kind of hard watching RG, particularly watching Schiavone, and seeing a B-level version of Justine's game. Every time Schiavone hits a "genius" shot, I think, "Justine hit that better!" Occasionally I'd even wish that Justine wore a little more heart on her sleeve. Schiavone's the only one left in the women's draw that will keep me watching.

When I've watched the others I think, "Gosh, even 70% Serena on clay would destroy you."
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM   #956
country flag shell

shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of

*sigh* Agree cynicole, I've tried to watch some of this year's RG, but it is just not the same.

Oh well, Happy Birthday to Justine. I hope she is out relaxing and not paying any attention or thought to RG.
shell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 08:36 PM   #957
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

I can't believe it has come to this. Any other tournament I could care less, but not RG. A horrible mare
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 02:54 AM   #958
country flag vejh

vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future vejh has a brilliant future

Pova in the semis.lol. This is just ridiculous. fall rain, fall!!
vejh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 03:16 AM   #959
country flag cynicole

I'm prepared for the French to not water the courts so as to favor Bartoli in her match vs. Schiavone.

I was so put off tennis today that I picked John Feinstein's Hard Courts off my shelf and began to re-read parts of it. It was like being reunited with old friends, albeit arrogant, stupid, naive ones. It was written in 1991. Even thumbed through Michael Mewshaw's Ladies of the Court which covered 1992. Even in 1992 they were writing about Richard Williams.

Has anyone written a book following a year on the tour since Wertheim covered 2000 in Venus Envy?
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 04:31 AM   #960
country flag Ellery
It's like cool epilepsy.

Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute Ellery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claycourter View Post
I've actually been following some of your posts and they are nothing but bias.
This coming from one of the biggest trolls in GM Too good

Franny winning would be amazing because she is the most natural claycourter of the 4 left, but Na or Marion winning would both be amazing stories An Asian woman winning a slam would be huge for the development of the sport, whereas a Frenchwoman taking Roland-Garros would be such a crowd-pleaser. Hopefully one of these 3 ladies takes it.
Ellery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote