General discussion thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #16
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Justine's clay session - discussion thread

Perhaps Mary saying that she was too relaxed in the 05 FO final was an excuse for her one sided defeat? I think the Justine-Carlos game plan was to be agressive early to keep Mary from finding her groove. They knew that if Mary felt confident early she could keep Justine pinned behind the base line, which could give Mary the victory. Fortunately, Justine was on fire that day and her game play worked. Mary had a one dimensional game, therefore, by being agressive early Justine denied Mary her power game.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #17
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

It wasn't Carlos' plan actually. I remember Ju saying that she played that second week instinctively and not according to Carlos' plan. She described it as improvisation. And boy did it turn out well. That's the timing I want to see again, it was as good as in 2007, actually.

The 2005 final is possibly the best GS final she has played so far - nothing Pierce could do about it, she was struggling to win pts, let alone games.
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #18
country flag Arnian
Arnian, Prince of Justinedom

Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future

I never watched the 2006 final, how was it in terms of Justine's quality?

--Justine Henin--

The 2010 Stuttgart Champion &
2010 Unicef Open Champion
Arnian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #19
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnian View Post

The match was closer than the score indicated. Basically, Justine played very aggressively in the first 4 games and then tighten up while Kuz choked when she was ahead in the 2nd set.

Adieu Justine. There'll never be another one like you

j-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #20
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

I am a bit concerned about the lack of news wrt her schedule. Maybe she has more physical problem so she is waiting to see how her body recovers before making any commitment.

Old Apr 6th, 2010, 09:25 PM   #21
country flag Arnian
Arnian, Prince of Justinedom

Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future Arnian has a brilliant future

Perhaps she just doesn't know what she wants to do lol

--Justine Henin--

The 2010 Stuttgart Champion &
2010 Unicef Open Champion
Arnian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #22
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she wont play only madrid and fedcup... 1 more tournament please

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 11:57 PM   #23
country flag j-fan

I thought she had Madrid on the OS list before but not anymore.

Old Apr 7th, 2010, 02:40 AM   #24
country flag explorer

explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-fan View Post
I thought she had Madrid on the OS list before but not anymore.

I haven't seen Madrid on her OS list. I figure out she will play Madrid because they have promoted her on the tournament site as well as posters, and Madrid is mandatory event.

I think she will practise a bit on clay, and see how she feel before deciding which tournament to play. She hasn't played a tour clay match in two years, that a long time. She can play poorly or lose to someone on other surfaces. But she was the queen of clay and is expected to win RG. That's a lot of expection and pressure for someone hasn't play for two years. And she has a new game now. IMO, she will play one more tournament before Madrid.
explorer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #25
country flag Terpsichore

Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Perhaps Mary saying that she was too relaxed in the 05 FO final was an excuse for her one sided defeat? I think the Justine-Carlos game plan was to be agressive early to keep Mary from finding her groove. They knew that if Mary felt confident early she could keep Justine pinned behind the base line, which could give Mary the victory. Fortunately, Justine was on fire that day and her game play worked. Mary had a one dimensional game, therefore, by being agressive early Justine denied Mary her power game.

Spot on. Justine never allowed Mary time to find a groove. She went for it from the first ball.
Terpsichore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #26
country flag Terpsichore

Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice Terpsichore is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilija View Post
It wasn't Carlos' plan actually. I remember Ju saying that she played that second week instinctively and not according to Carlos' plan. She described it as improvisation. And boy did it turn out well. That's the timing I want to see again, it was as good as in 2007, actually.

The 2005 final is possibly the best GS final she has played so far - nothing Pierce could do about it, she was struggling to win pts, let alone games.
Justine was incredible that day but apparently she was playing with an injury that was responsible for her missing most of the rest of the year. Perhaps it was the need to finish the match early because of the injury that caused her incredible aggression that day.
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 05:08 AM   #27
country flag Terpsichore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnian View Post
Probably the worst of all her Slam-winning Finals. If Kuz had had more fortuitude she could've won. Justine was passive and unconvincing.
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 09:48 AM   #28
country flag explorer

explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of explorer has much to be proud of

Ju will play Stuttgart

http://www.sport1.de/de/tennis/tenni...21946.html#RSS
explorer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #29
country flag pierce85

pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute

justine will play stuttgart after all,what a relief.excellent choice,really strong field(clijsters,wozniacki,azarenka,jankovic,venus, dementieva,kuznetsova).she will be unseeded though,let's hope she doesn't draw dementieva again early.it's time she wins her first tournament
pierce85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #30
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of

Great news
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote