From green to red clay - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 9th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #16
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: From green to red clay

Marion still was the first player to arrive in Charleston on monday. She practices, we wait for the draw.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 9th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #17
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Pity that one more person couldnt withdraw. Still, she could easily make the QF here if she gets a nice draw.
Maybe Vika injured in Marbella : Left thigh injury
Old Apr 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #18
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Im so evil but I hope its just a minor real injury and not a tank so as she can play Charleston!! I hope she pulls out. If she pulls out before the draw then Marion will get the 4th seed?
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #19
country flag Lighter

If some of you have questions, Marion will chat on Monday 2 pm local time : http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...marion-bartoli
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #20
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lighter! I entered a question about her schedule for summer/autumn tournaments, whether she plans reducing tournaments then too.
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #21
country flag Ferg

Draw out. Marion has Peng/Perry in R2, Vesnina/Sevastova/Arvidsson in R3. Stosur is the top 4 seed in her quarter.

Seems ok. I think she'll make the quarters, or are any of those accomplished clay courters?
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #22
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Draw out. Marion has Peng/Perry in R2, Vesnina/Sevastova/Arvidsson in R3. Stosur is the top 4 seed in her quarter.

Seems ok. I think she'll make the quarters, or are any of those accomplished clay courters?
She defeated Peng last year in Roma and Vesnina in Strasbourg in 2007 on clay.

But Lena just made 3 sets vs Woz.
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 02:04 AM   #23
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Peng is a better player but Perry conceivably could beat her.However,if Marion loses to Perry......then I'll take that as a sign that the Apocalypse is imminent.I'm not gonna question the Lord's eschatological schedule,yet I suspect that He'll wait just a little longer...and I hope He does........VAMOS,Marion!!!

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #24
country flag Lighter

Funny fcc preview : http://www.tennisearth.com/news/tenn...TOP-810416.htm

The bottom half looks very promising for the second seed (JJ) whose only big challenge will come in the semifinals where Giant-killer Marion Bartoli may cause some damage at the expense of her swashbuckling form.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #25
country flag Lighter

Chat with Marion on espn just finished :

Scotty (North East Philly)

Do you have any pre-match or post-match superstitions? or things you do after every match?
Marion Bartoli
(2:08 PM)

Not really. I'm not really superstitious.

Andrew (Greece)

What is your goal for 2010?
Marion Bartoli
(2:09 PM)

I would love to be in the final four for a Grand Slam again. I would like to be in the championship at the end of the season, so I need to be in the top 8. If I play the way I did in Miami, I will be in good shape to do it.

Valentine (france)

Hey Marion! I know that you won 3 double titles! do you think one day you will back in double competition?thank you!
Marion Bartoli
(2:10 PM)

I don't think so. Right now, the schedule is already very tough for all of the players. We have to play a bunch of tournaments. The season is very long. I'm trying to focus on singles. To play winning doubles, I'd have to practice more. Maybe when I get older, I will, but right now, no more doubles.

Leo Djkman (Holland)

Do you have a favourte tournement
Marion Bartoli
(2:11 PM)

Well, since I'm French, the French Open in Paris, I want to play well in my home country. It's very special to me. I also like Miami as well. It's a fun city. There are a lot of tournaments that I love. But my top three is probably French Open, Wimbledon and Miami.

Martina (London)

What is your favorite surface?
Marion Bartoli
(2:11 PM)

Grass courts.

Tobias (Bottrop, Germany)

You've got a very interesting playing style - How does it came that you're playing both handed?
Marion Bartoli
(2:12 PM)

When I started playing, I was playing with one hand only. But my father saw Stefi Graf play in 1992 with both hands on both sides. I didn't have the strength to hit with one hand only so he told me to try hitting with both hands and it worked pretty well. She was a big inspiration for me.

Jack (UK)

Hey Marion, I'm a huge fan of yours! I'm interested to know what your daily routine is at a tournament when you have matches every day? Thanks and good luck at Charleston!
Marion Bartoli
(2:13 PM)

It always depends on the tournament if it's a tournament played in the night or during the day. I will try to do some physical training or practice before the match, hitting some balls or other training. My minimum is 1.5 hours of training before a match to get my body warm.

Josephine Bell (London UK)

If you were to play tennis with only one hand on your racquet, would you play as a left-handed or right handed player?
Marion Bartoli
(2:14 PM)

My left. Definitely. I'm lefty, so my left for sure.

Leo Djkman (Holland)

What is your biggest motivation?
Marion Bartoli
(2:15 PM)

The first and main motivation for me is my passion. After a few days off, I want to go back playing. I try to get better every day. I'm always trying to do something better. When I wake up, my first thought is what I want to go out and practice. It's really easy to get motivated to try and improve.
Frank (Dallas)

Are there any other sports that you find enjoyable to watch?
Marion Bartoli
(2:16 PM)

Yeah, I love European soccer. I'm a huge fan of our team in France. I had the chance once to meet the players and see them play in Marseilles. I like also the NBA.

Hayden (Logan, Utah)

what is your favorite thing about France that doesnt exist in the US?
Marion Bartoli
(2:16 PM)

Paris. Probably.

Kieran Mason (Norwich England)

What are your chances for the next 2 grand slams ?
Marion Bartoli
(2:17 PM)

I'm very excited. Wimbledon is the one where I have the most chance to do well. This year, I'm going to try and do my best in the French Open. It was really heartbreaking last year. I'm hoping to have more confidence there. The grass court is my favorite, so Wimbledon should be fun also.

Marion Bartoli
(2:18 PM)

First, I would like to thank you for supporting me. I had some great support in Miami. I look forward to seeing you at my next tournament.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #26
country flag Ferg

She didnt answer my question.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #27
country flag Lighter

Quote:
She didnt answer my question.
Chat was short, too short.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #28
country flag Drine

Drine has disabled reputation

Thanks for the transcript Lighter
Drine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #29
country flag Lighter

One mistake in the transcript, and hope everybody saw it :

Monica Seles instead of Steffi Graf of course.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #30
country flag Drine

Drine has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
One mistake in the transcript, and hope everybody saw it :

Monica Seles instead of Steffi Graf of course.
Of course
Drine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote