From green to red clay - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #181
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: From green to red clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joee View Post
haha do you think Irish men like people oil wrestling :P
If we're talking about two hot-looking women then,YES,I have no doubt....and Marion and Aravane definitely qualify

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #182
country flag Joee

Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of

but thats like having Marion wrestle an alligator?

Serena Williams / Venus Williams / Petra Kvitova / Jelena Jankovic / Francesca Schiavone / Sabine Lisicki / Agneiszka Radwanska /

Joee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:45 PM   #183
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joee View Post
but thats like having Marion wrestle an alligator?
I'm not sure that I follow you;maybe you should send me a PM before someone complains that we're cluttering the thread.....which we sort of ARE doing

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #184
country flag Joee

Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of

I suppose! Sorry guys

Serena Williams / Venus Williams / Petra Kvitova / Jelena Jankovic / Francesca Schiavone / Sabine Lisicki / Agneiszka Radwanska /

Old May 29th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #185
country flag bruce goose

Well,folks,if there's a bright side,Shahar sucks on grass so Marion will likely win if they're slotted together in the next few weeks

Old May 29th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #186
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

How did she play? I expected the loss, but heard she served for the first set..
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #187
country flag Joee

She was 4-2 up in the first but then Shahar went to 5-4, marion clawed back to 6-6 and it went to the tie break obviously. I think it was Marion who had set points first but hit the net on a backhand she tried to just drive crosscourt.
On set point she stopped the rally calling a ball at the baseline out- WHICH IT WAS! Hawkeye confirms it as does the mark which clearly shows it out.
After that it kinda just left her, Shahar played smart and won.

Nice exchange at the net though! And the main thing is she didnt get like ownder 6-0 6-0 on CLAY to Shahar lol.

Old May 29th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #188
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

It was a very fine match from Marion. She didn't play as well as she could because of the tough conditions. BUT her attitude was just great. She seemed to have enjoyed her time a lot, playing with a friend and enjoying the crowd's warm support. Already she participated in that karaoke and she was all smiles and laughing genuinely... That's the best thing we could see from her! This Rg has given her confidence.
Im very optimistic for this grass court season. Allez Baba!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #189
country flag Joee

Cant wait to see her on grasss YAY!

Old May 29th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #190
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
It was a very fine match from Marion. She didn't play as well as she could because of the tough conditions. BUT her attitude was just great. She seemed to have enjoyed her time a lot, playing with a friend and enjoying the crowd's warm support. Already she participated in that karaoke and she was all smiles and laughing genuinely... That's the best thing we could see from her! This Rg has given her confidence.
Im very optimistic for this grass court season. Allez Baba!
Good news on her attitude and mindset

Old May 30th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #191
country flag Joee

I watched the match again and Im still happy

Old May 30th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #192
country flag bruce goose

Though it's hard to gauge when you're reading words instead of hearing them in live sound,Marion's words didn't seem like bitter resentment,only a factual assessment of the flawed set-up,due to lack of clay court training,by the FFT.Maybe those Vichy cowards will correct that flaw and do a more effective job than their fathers did when they so wonderfully defended the country against the German invasion

Old May 30th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #193
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

LOL, Bruce. Steady now. It's easy to pass judgement when you're not faced with the horrible choices people had to make during the second world war. If it wasn't an island, Britain would have fallen to the Germans also. France didn't have the luxury of being able to retreat behind the ocean and their navy. The rest of the world gets to claim moral superiority only because they never had to face the horrible reality of human nature, and the choices we might all make to save ourselves and our families.

Oh and shame that Marion lost. Just to go back on topic. I was gutted that she won't get to play Serena.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #194
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoli's Boy View Post
LOL, Bruce. Steady now. It's easy to pass judgement when you're not faced with the horrible choices people had to make during the second world war. If it wasn't an island, Britain would have fallen to the Germans also. France didn't have the luxury of being able to retreat behind the ocean and their navy. The rest of the world gets to claim moral superiority only because they never had to face the horrible reality of human nature, and the choices we might all make to save ourselves and our families.
Truth is,I just don't like the FFT or how they've treated Marion;I'm well aware that there's no real,relevant link between the FFT and the Vichy government......but it's just fun to remind some of the more pompous French about their documented history of cowardice---they don't enjoy that.If the FFT starts showing Marion more respect,then I'll leave their previous transgressions in the past

For the record,France tried to take over MY country also...in the mid-19th century...and were eventually repelled violently after years of occupation

Old May 30th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #195
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

They took over my country in the 11th century and never left, but the difference is I'm totally over it.

I saw the karaoke vid on the Roland Garros website by the way. Marion looks so cute joining in. It's nice to see her looking happy because we mostly see her looking miserable on the court. Although I'm not sure what Djokovic is doing to that man.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote