Miami. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #1
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute
Miami.

Not a disgraceful loss to Radwanksa by any means, I was shocked at her fight and her form but she never had a chance after missing a GPs for 4-4 in the first and a BP for 3-1 in the second.

With a nice draw in Miami, and the way she is playing, I think that she can get a good result!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #2
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami.

You're right, this isn't actually a match to be disappointed about. Aga clearly was the better player. With some match practice, Marion could really do something in a draw. Im just afraid she hasn't enough confidence or references to do it. She wasted some opportunities with silly miss, which is something quite typical at the beginning of a season for example.
By the look of those first three tournaments, it seems that she won't lose to a player with a lower rank than hers but won't beat someone with a higher. Or she could desperately need to defeat an in-form player. It could give her the confidence she is currently lacking.

She really made a bad decision with this schedule. Her ranking is low and now are coming a very difficult tournament with Williams playing, Charleston with SF points to defend ... and the clay court season.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 08:02 PM   #3
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
You're right, this isn't actually a match to be disappointed about. Aga clearly was the better player. With some match practice, Marion could really do something in a draw. Im just afraid she hasn't enough confidence or references to do it. She wasted some opportunities with silly miss, which is something quite typical at the beginning of a season for example.
By the look of those first three tournaments, it seems that she won't lose to a player with a lower rank than hers but won't beat someone with a higher. Or she could desperately need to defeat an in-form player. It could give her the confidence she is currently lacking.

She really made a bad decision with this schedule. Her ranking is low and now are coming a very difficult tournament with Williams playing, Charleston with SF points to defend ... and the clay court season.
Clay season is scaring me. I hope she just drops any clay MMs, and play the 4 main tournaments before the FO. (Charleston, Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid) and then plays a lot of summer tournaments, since I dont think she'll be as tired this year with a reduced schedule. And we all know that the grass/ US hardcourt is her best place to pick up points.
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #4
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, now we should expect her to rise again after the clay court season. She'd have either to have lucky draws or to learn how to play on clay. She really missed a big chance to enter top 10. Wish she didn't choke that match against Li...
Oh well, there's Miami. Hope she keeps her head positive.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #5
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah,this was no surprise....Last year's win over Vera Z. notwithstanding,Marion usually goes ALL IN whenever she becomes someone's punching bag.As others have posted,though,I'm glad that she didn't roll over as with earlier losses....Time to shock the world,and France,by winning RG this clay season

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #6
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Clay season is scaring me. I hope she just drops any clay MMs, and play the 4 main tournaments before the FO. (Charleston, Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid) and then plays a lot of summer tournaments, since I dont think she'll be as tired this year with a reduced schedule. And we all know that the grass/ US hardcourt is her best place to pick up points.
I wanted her to do the opposite. She is not good enough on clay to go far in the top clay events as shown by her results in Rome and Madrid last year (imo indoor clay in Stuttgart and fast green clay in Charleston do not equal proper preparation for the slow courts at Roland Garrors) but she did well in 2007 playing the smaller proper clay events in Prague and Strasbourg.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #7
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Aga defeated Lena with exactly the same stats. Marion said she isn't disappointed because Aga played so well and surface was too slow.

Miami surface will suit her more than IW.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #8
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
Aga defeated Lena with exactly the same stats. Marion said she isn't disappointed because Aga played so well and surface was too slow.

Miami surface will suit her more than IW.
You would think so but she's lost in R2 for the past three years. We'll just have to wait till the draw is released before we make any predictions.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #9
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoc View Post
You would think so but she's lost in R2 for the past three years. We'll just have to wait till the draw is released before we make any predictions.
Last year, she was ill. And she loves Miami : 1/4 in 2003 and orange bowl u16 win in 2000.
Old Mar 21st, 2010, 10:50 PM   #10
country flag Ferg

Isnt Miami slower and heavier though?
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:39 PM   #11
country flag Lighter

Draw out : http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/S...10/902/MDS.pdf

R2 : Hradecka or Rybarikova
R3 : Alona Bondarenko
R4 : Svetlana Kutznetsova or Alicia Molik
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM   #12
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Marion is 0-2 vs. Kuzy...with their last meeting being in the 2006 Bali final.Typically,Sveta doesn't lose to lower-seeded players unless it's an early round.Once she gets some momentum in a tourney,it usually takes a top player to stop her.Marion SHOULD be able to advance to the Round of 16 with this draw.We'll see how she responds if she makes it that far....I'll be waiting with curious anticipation

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 07:37 PM   #13
country flag Ferg

Fabulous draw. Sveta, though a legend, is so unpredictable I dont think she'll even make the 4th round. Bondarenko is my biggest worry. Out of Sveta, Wozniacki, Venus, and Vika, Sveta is the best we could have gotten.

Other side of the draw, as good as we could have hoped. Ill set my expectations for R3 because I dont want to be disappointed if she screws up. Na is not threat unless shes playing well. Marion shouldnt have lost that match in Dubai.
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:14 PM   #14
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Really a good draw. Marion has been blessed since the beginning of the year. She should really try to make some use of it.
I indeed fear Alona but somehow she could lose to Dulko first.
Well, as you said Ferg, let's take things one after the other. Last year she did lose to Yakimova :x.

Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:40 PM   #15
country flag Ferg

Exactly, I think if we look forward to her reaching the R4 or QFs, and she goes out before, it'll be so bad, especially since she has a history of screwing up great draws.