Aussies in WTA events - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #1051
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussies in WTA events

Watched the match. Casey had many chances but to be honest she just looked very physically and mentally fatigued, which is understandable as she hasn't played this many matches in quite a while. She would play some great points to set up break points/game points but just couldn't quite get a lead. She hung in well though for how tired she looked. Get some rest before a big NY campaign Casey!!

Olivia ROGOWSKA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON Maddison INGLIS
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR Aleksandra KRUNIC
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #1052
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Great week from Casey. Interesting about the fatigue comment. I suppose in the all the ITFs she's won, she would have won them by winning 5 matches. She'd won 5 matches already this week and still had to back up for a 6th in a big semi-final.

She should take a lot of confidence from this, knowing that she can get this far in WTA events.
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 04:51 AM   #1053
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Great week from Casey. Interesting about the fatigue comment. I suppose in the all the ITFs she's won, she would have won them by winning 5 matches. She'd won 5 matches already this week and still had to back up for a 6th in a big semi-final.

She should take a lot of confidence from this, knowing that she can get this far in WTA events.
Beating Wickmayer/Wozniak etc would take up more energy than bossing Aussie 25k scrubs around the court too i guess if she wins her opener in NY will most likely face Li Na.....

Olivia ROGOWSKA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON Maddison INGLIS
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR Aleksandra KRUNIC
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #1054
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Jarka giving it a crack in Tashkent. She's up a set against Panova who is seeded.

Would be so great for her to get a win and a minor upset here.

Please!!!
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #1055
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately down 75 in the third...

I kinda get the feeling she is starting to (hopefully) slowly turn it back around....the problem is the longer she keeps losing the worse she will get....just needs one big win and she will get that shot of confidence she needs...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #1056
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Unfortunately down 75 in the third...

I kinda get the feeling she is starting to (hopefully) slowly turn it back around....the problem is the longer she keeps losing the worse she will get....just needs one big win and she will get that shot of confidence she needs...
I thought that too- but she beat Wickmayer in Indian Wells and Goerges in Fed Cup and continued to get worse & worse after that. After putting in a good showing against Petrova at US Open I had another small hope, but then she posts this result.
The sad thing is she hasn't been injured as far as we know, all year she has just sucked! She has played a pretty decent schedule too but nothing to show for it. She's now ranked 117 with still a few points to defend... where to? One would have to say go back to ITF's especially because you don't get many weaker fields in a WTA event than Tashkent but she still managed to lose first round.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #1057
country flag Territory

I watched a bit of the match. She went up a break early in the third but lost the lead. I think she was down 3-4 then held serve. Things started to look promising. She went up 0-40 and had 3 break points. Then she lost the next 7 points. It was terrible. She did manage to save 3 MPs at 4-5 but you could tell that in her mind she did believe she could win.

She really needs help.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #1058
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Wlodarczak def. Yashina 61 60

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #1059
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Casey also in quallies in China. Has decided to keep playing than take the rest of the year off as she said at the US Open.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #1060
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Watch Karo lose her next match by that score

Casey won her first match 6-1 6-1.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #1061
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris93 View Post
Watch Karo lose her next match by that score

Casey won her first match 6-1 6-1.
She plays Dushevina so highly likely. Nice win still though.

Thank god Casey is still playing. Probably realised she might be cutting it a bit fine for DE in to Melbourne. She's also up to 76 now too so to throw the rest of the season away & end up outside the top 100 would suck.

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #1062
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Karolina lost 64 60

Good effort in the first, I bet she didn't even try in the second.

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #1063
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Karolina lost 64 60

Good effort in the first, I bet she didn't even try in the second.
at least she didnt retire.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #1064
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Casey lost in straights to Diyas go on your holiday Casey lol

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #1065
country flag Kəv.

Casey :/