Aussies in WTA events - Page 69 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 02:24 PM   #1021
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussies in WTA events

Regardless of the event and the opponents, for Casey to easily qualify at a WTA event and then win a first round match 6-2 6-2 is a very handy result. Well done.
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 10:35 PM   #1022
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Good start by Casey Keep going!
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 11:03 PM   #1023
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
Begu is crap off clay, I don't know how she ever cracked the top 50. Not surprised Casey thumped her even playing an average match. I suspect Wickmayer will thump her too, but still a good week for Casey. With Casey being as fit and lean as she is she seems to have lost some power in her strokes, has anyone else felt this??
Really good point here - feel the same. I was thinking very similar, not in terms of power, but in terms of consistency. The odd times I have seen her, she's just so unreliable now. I suppose having your body shape the one way for so long, then means your strokes are constructed to fit that shape. Change your shape, then your strokes need time to adapt. Or yes, it can be as simple as losing some weight and then loss of power.
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 11:08 PM   #1024
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever she's done it might be clicking into place. She just broke Wickmayer to go up 6-4 *4-3. Would be great if Casey could finish this off...
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 11:17 PM   #1025
country flag Territory

Wow great going Casey.

Serving at 4-3 she went down 15-40 but then won the next 6 points to go 5-3 30-0 and then...

Dellacqua def. Wickmayer 6-4 6-3!

What a turnaround from a 6-1 6-1 flogging in Hobart earlier this year!

Casey *never* makes WTA quarter-finals does she? This is awesome.
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 11:41 PM   #1026
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

Go Case. A winnable match against a Canadian in the quarters.

The R2 win ensures she'll be back in the top 100 and a QF win would take her to somewhere like #91.
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 11:56 PM   #1027
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

really happy with this win. 4 wins in a row will do her confidence the world of good. Good luck in the quarter finals. We deserve something to cheer about!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:34 AM   #1028
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

go Casey! her ranking and run so far at this tournament are very similar to Kerber's this time last year, let's hope the similarities continue for the next 12 months
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 02:26 AM   #1029
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam21 View Post
go Casey! her ranking and run so far at this tournament are very similar to Kerber's this time last year, let's hope the similarities continue for the next 12 months
Hell yeah now theres an idea!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 02:48 AM   #1030
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam21 View Post
OMG you're right! And both lefties! haha that would be so amazing.

Absolutely awesome win btw Casey! Is this her first ever WTA QF?? I feel like it is??/ Will probably play Wozniak who plays great on these courts but Case is obviously playing well so she has a chance! Keep going!

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 03:56 AM   #1031
country flag Territory

Looks like this is Casey's 2nd WTA quarter-final. She made the QF in Hobart back in 2008, just before her 4th round run at the Australian Open.

She plays Wozniak in the QF. Should be an easier matchup than Wickmayer, shouldn't it?

Gajdosova/Zakopalova are only just starting their R1 doubles match. Isn't the tournament already half over? Why are they only just starting their doubles tilt now?
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 03:59 AM   #1032
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Let's go Casey. Wozniak will be tough. I knew she could beat Wickmyaer
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:06 AM   #1033
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome win Casey She has a shot against Aleks, but is clearly the underdog as Aleks in great form.
Nothing to lose
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:23 AM   #1034
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Looks like this is Casey's 2nd WTA quarter-final. She made the QF in Hobart back in 2008, just before her 4th round run at the Australian Open.

She plays Wozniak in the QF. Should be an easier matchup than Wickmayer, shouldn't it?

Gajdosova/Zakopalova are only just starting their R1 doubles match. Isn't the tournament already half over? Why are they only just starting their doubles tilt now?
Oh yes that's right! 2008 was such an amazing year for her.... really thought big things were coming but injuries have really screwed her over. I remember she almost beat top seed Vaidisova in R1 of the Gold Coast then Hobart QF AO 4R and Indian Wells 4r. I'd love to see her have another year like that before she retires.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:09 AM   #1035
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going Casey

Wozniak will be tough though

Jarka/Zakopalova won 75 60

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote