Aussies in WTA events - Page 64 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 12:23 AM   #946
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Aussies in WTA events

lol how does Sacha deserve it? What has she done?

Does she deserve it for not having been given a WC by TA yet? That is no qualification.

Atleast Casey has had 2 WTA wins in Birmingham.

What is quite shocking about her season is that, her last 15 tournaments have been on clay. Then how does she really deserves a WC into a GS hardcourt tournament for that?
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 12:53 AM   #947
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

I don't think any of them have grounds for bitching and moaning if they miss out on the WC.

Ash has had 3 this year and done nothing. She is only 16 yos and needs to be given space to grow into her game. Too much pressure and too many expectations of her, considering her age.

Liv has done nothing to improve her ranking which I believe was around 111 in March and 4 months later is down to 120. Has had her opportunities but can't seem to get it together.

Casey, well she knew she would be borderline to get DE for USO but chose to do nothing about it.

A-Rod, same as Casey. Could have swallowed her pride and played some $25ks somewhere along the way to get the points for DE.

Sasha has been at least out there making progress and playing a bit of a smarter schedule than some of the others. However, has been inconsistent.

Not sure that any of them deserve it. However, whoever does get chosen, hope they are able to make the most of it and win at least 1 round.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 01:49 AM   #948
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

All of them would be long shots to win a MD match so it's a bit of a moot argument anyway...
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 03:43 AM   #949
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
All of them would be long shots to win a MD match so it's a bit of a moot argument anyway...
Yup agreed. It will go Casey I'd say though.
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #950
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

there's so much choking that just happened in Baku it's not even funny. Sacha was up 5-3 in the first like last week and the same thing happened this week, she lost the next 4 games to lose the set 7-5. like last week again, Sacha fell away in the second and was down 5-2 against Panova. Sacha managed to bring it back to 5-5 saving a few match points from 15-40 on her serve plus a few more, then both held for a tie-break. Panova got out to 6-3 before Sacha came back again and even held a set point at 7-6, but blew it. Panova won the next 2 points. so frustrating to watch on the live scores!!

Sacha does seem to struggle at the business ends of sets looking at her recent results...
Sam21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #951
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

How amazing will the December Showdown for the AO wildcard be?
Same old same old in Rogowska, Holland, Peers.
Ash Barty.
Return of Jess Moore?
Nastya, Casey (maybe) will probably be there unless they improve.
Jelena to return form injury (please god let it happen!!!!)
Arina, Sacha Jones, Monique
Jarka maybe? (She seems up sh!t creek without a paddle)
Should be a cracker!
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 04:33 AM   #952
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep don't think any of the lower ranked girls will be getting even a sniff of a chance to play. I'm fairly sure Sam will be our only direct entrant Jarka would need a miracle to keep her in the top 100 by years end. Rodi doesn't look like she'll make it either and pretty sure she had some good results late in 2011. Casey has 2000000000503099339 billion points to defend from the Oz Circuit that she has shown no signs she will make up at WTA level, so unless she plays them AGAIN she's no chance. If Olivia manages to find a bit of form and plays all of the 25k's again she could be a very slight outside chance to finish top 100 (but doubt it) The WC's are going to be hard to come by come Melbourne time I think.
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 04:56 AM   #953
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Jelena seems to spend every other year in the play off. One good year, one shit one. One good year, one shit one. And so on

It's gonna be a hot mess come December time
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #954
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Jones/Cohen def. Kudryavtseva/Tanasugarn 36 64 11-9

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #955
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Good day in Cinci quals!

Casey def. (9) Hradecka 6-3 6-1
Olivia def. (10) Jovanovski 6-3 2-6 7-6(2)
Jarka lost to. (20) Hlavackova 6-3 7-6

Casey & Liv making the fight for the WC very interesting!
20 points each for one match

Casey plays Czink for a spot in the draw while Olivia meets Hlavackova.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #956
louloubelle

louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of

Nice win by Casey over Hrdecka who can serve out of a tree sometimes. Czink runs hot and cold like Casey......

Awesome by Liv to win over a regular tour player in a tiebreak. The Czech will be tough next round.
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #957
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone notice Stosur's crappy loss to Safarova last week? I was half-following the livescores in the first set. She was up 5-2 in the tiebreak in the 1st set and also had a set point. She lost 6-7 6-7. She's in a real hole at the moment.
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #958
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Livvy That is an awesome way to win!

Great score from Casey too.

I don't think there is a race for the WC though. Casey has it in the bag.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 02:40 AM   #959
louloubelle

louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of louloubelle has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
I don't think there is a race for the WC though. Casey has it in the bag.
There is Barty too.... Though I don't think they'd give her 4 (or has she reached her limit anyway)
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 02:45 AM   #960
louloubelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Did anyone notice Stosur's crappy loss to Safarova last week? I was half-following the livescores in the first set. She was up 5-2 in the tiebreak in the 1st set and also had a set point. She lost 6-7 6-7. She's in a real hole at the moment.
Yes its been a familiar theme this year. Been in just about every match this year and to lose so many of them.

Year-after slam blues??? (it happens to the best of players)
Was the slam an over-achievement?

Martina Navratilova said Sam was too heavy (muscle wise) and needed to lighten up to become quicker on her feet. As the matches get tight, Sam's foot work becomes slow.... she may have a point.

However if its a hot US summer, Sam's superior fitness will be an asset.

We have a slam champion..... never thought Id be able to say that