Aussies in WTA events - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #781
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aussies in WTA events

Good to see Jarka grind out a win and also go through comfortably in the doubles.

Casey lost in straight sets.

Jarmila Groth, Anastasia Rodionova, Isabella Holland, Olivia Rogowska

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #782
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

casey should have won
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #783
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

See A-Rod is one out for next weeks $100k in Bahamas. Olivia is still listed for the $25k in Bundaberg week of 26 March. If she won that she would probably get DE for the FO. Pity she is not playing Ipswich as well.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #784
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

it looks like Olivia is still chasing her points otherwise I don´t get much why she comes back to Australia to play one tournament... she should consider what is better for her if to play at home and win some points but in low competition or try to play a bigger tournament with higher competition....
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #785
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
it looks like Olivia is still chasing her points otherwise I don´t get much why she comes back to Australia to play one tournament... she should consider what is better for her if to play at home and win some points but in low competition or try to play a bigger tournament with higher competition....
She's already made that decision. Back at the Australian Open, she was asked in an interview what her upcoming schedule of tournaments would be, and she said that she was going to play a mixture of ITF and WTA tourneys. Her comment is below:

Quote:
OLIVIA ROGOWSKA: Just trying to do some smart scheduling at the moment. Just want to next step break the top 100. A mixture of challengers and WTAs. Just going to try and suss that out after the tournament.

I'm pleased I managed to win a round here. That boosted my ranking up a little bit closer to my goal. Just going to have to do some smart scheduling with my coach now.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...851633297.html

Considering her current level of play, I think that she's taking the right approach. If she was to switch over to playing just WTA events right now, she would need to be playing somewhere near to her best tennis on a weekly basis in order to keep her ranking headed in the right direction. In my opinion, that would be asking too much of her at the moment, because she has still got some inconsistency in her game. She's definitely getting better at maintaining a high level for longer periods, but there's still work to be done. She can definitely reach her goal with a gradual approach to increasing the difficulty of her schedule; lots of players make it into the Top 100 with points earned by playing on the ITF tour alone.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #786
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Well Jelena lasted one game before retiring. Hope she is ok. Guess it will be a decent payday for the time spent on the court.
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #787
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A. View Post
She's already made that decision. Back at the Australian Open, she was asked in an interview what her upcoming schedule of tournaments would be, and she said that she was going to play a mixture of ITF and WTA tourneys. Her comment is below:

Considering her current level of play, I think that she's taking the right approach. If she was to switch over to playing just WTA events right now, she would need to be playing somewhere near to her best tennis on a weekly basis in order to keep her ranking headed in the right direction. In my opinion, that would be asking too much of her at the moment, because she has still got some inconsistency in her game. She's definitely getting better at maintaining a high level for longer periods, but there's still work to be done. She can definitely reach her goal with a gradual approach to increasing the difficulty of her schedule; lots of players make it into the Top 100 with points earned by playing on the ITF tour alone.
I agree with everything you said but maybe I expressed badly I didn´t mean enter to WTA events I meant there´s a big difference between playing ITFs in Australia and for example in the USA... I think I don´t find it too smart to go and play in IW and then come back home for other tournaments... in my opinion if she wants to play some ITF events she should consider playing some 25k events in the States unlike playing the same kind of events in Australia where is much lower competition at this stage of the season... but it´s her decision and if it helps her time will show us but it would be nice to reach the top 100 before the FO....
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #788
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Would have been good to play both Ipswich and Bundy if she's coming back to Oz. Two good results there and she would be top 100 or very close.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #789
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
I agree with everything you said but maybe I expressed badly I didn´t mean enter to WTA events I meant there´s a big difference between playing ITFs in Australia and for example in the USA... I think I don´t find it too smart to go and play in IW and then come back home for other tournaments... in my opinion if she wants to play some ITF events she should consider playing some 25k events in the States unlike playing the same kind of events in Australia where is much lower competition at this stage of the season... but it´s her decision and if it helps her time will show us but it would be nice to reach the top 100 before the FO....
I understand where you are coming from, and I think that is a perfectly good question to ask. Well, I see that she has also entered the 50k in Osprey, Florida -- which is the same week as Bundaberg -- so maybe she is planning to play some more over there.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #790
country flag Vicky88

She has listed Bundaberg as Priority 1 and Osprey as Priority 2. Does anyone know if that means if she chooses to play that week she must play Bundaberg?
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #791
country flag Rovegun

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from, and I think that is a perfectly good question to ask. Well, I see that she has also entered the 50k in Osprey, Florida -- which is the same week as Bundaberg -- so maybe she is planning to play some more over there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
She has listed Bundaberg as Priority 1 and Osprey as Priority 2. Does anyone know if that means if she chooses to play that week she must play Bundaberg?
there´s a withdrawal deadline on 13 March for both Bundaberg and Osprey so till then we have to wait and we´ll see where she´s going to play... she should be in the main draw even in Osprey so it would be good for her tennis to play there... I think she can play in Osprey even though it´s her no. 2 priority all depends on where she withdraws from...
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #792
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Liv is taking a week or two off I don't know why her every action always has to be so hotly debated! Even outside of her own thread!

Meanwhile, Jarka just had a MP against Wickmayer C'mon Jarmila!!!!
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #793
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Jarka won it! 2-6 6-2 6-4! Welcome back to the world of professional tennis!

Fantastic win for her, especially as she was 0-2 in head-to-head and she'd been in such ordinary form.

Plays Jamie Hampton next (she upset Jankovic) so another good chance for a win!
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #794
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

Despite her "slumping" state, Jarka has proven she is still Australia's best singles player after Sam.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #795
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

What a relief! Jarka still exists

The best thing about this is she will get a handful of confidence back, hopefully she can stop Jamie Hampton's run and have a crack at Radwanska. Nice points on offer too if she can do that.