Aussies in WTA events - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 7th, 2011, 03:38 AM   #331
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussies in WTA events

Peers could drop to close to 300 if she doesn't pick up any wins and bombs out in NY.

She'll pick up some wins in the Aussie challengers no doubt...
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 7th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #332
country flag Swanny006

Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice Swanny006 is just really nice

I honestly thought Peers was going to have a really, really good year. I saw her at Brisbane and how well she played against Kleybanova. But geez, another aussie gone backwards this year.
Swanny006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #333
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

I think it has been a totally disapponting year for the Aussie girls.

Besides Jarka, Jelena and Issy, probably everyone of them is going to finish with a ranking below what they had at the end of 2010. I don't think it has been a good year at all. Lots of the guys are qualifying and then winning a round at events.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #334
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

SeoulQR1: (2) Namigata Def Wlodrczak 7-5 2-6 6-2. Pretty good effort over the world number 181. If only she could have held her nerve in the first set.
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 04:35 AM   #335
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Nice bagel for Jarka in Osaka R1 v. Nakamura. I think she's getting her form back

Sam should be on court fairly soon.

Can I just say that having two women in the top 30 is pretty awesome. For most of the past 20 years we were lucky if we had one in the top 50...
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #336
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

If Jelena stayed healthy (never will happen sadly), we could easily have had 3 in the top 40-50.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #337
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
If Jelena stayed healthy (never will happen sadly), we could easily have had 3 in the top 40-50.
Agreed and if Casey can get back to playing at her best over summer we could have four!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 09:18 AM   #338
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

and with Tomic and Ebden and even Marinko getting to their best ever rankings too (hopefully inside the 100 for Matt very soon) things don't look quite as bad as they were a few months back.

ETA and Ebden should rise to about #95 with his win over Harrison yesterday

Last edited by GeeTee : Oct 12th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #339
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

And LL Nastya beats Strycova in R1 Linz. I was just looking at WTA results page and it said she also won R2 with a walkover against Pennetta (specifying some injury for Flavia).

But then this result disappeared....so...
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #340
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Pennetta v ROdionova is not in tomorrows OOP. So thats a positive sign that Flavia pulled out. QF points (70) plus final round qualies (10) would get Anastasia to around 105 in the rankings, and that should secure her direct entry into AO which is so important!
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #341
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I didn't even notice she snuck into the MD. Well done Nastya!

And Eurosport is broadcasting Linz so I should be able to see her play

Sam better win against Doi today. Can't believe Noppawan Lertcheewakarn took her to 7-5 in the 3rd!
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 02:24 AM   #342
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Wow! I didn't even notice she snuck into the MD. Well done Nastya!

And Eurosport is broadcasting Linz so I should be able to see her play

Sam better win against Doi today. Can't believe Noppawan Lertcheewakarn took her to 7-5 in the 3rd!
Glad Rodi stuck around! 80 points was much needed. I'm hoping that Sam is just low on motivation, GS won and already guaranteed a spot in Istanbul. I'm quietly confident that when she gets to YEC and is playing on the big stage she'll turn the form back on. She will have the crowd against her today against Doi so a loss is certainly on the cards.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 02:32 AM   #343
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Great news that A-Rod has made it thru in Linz. It was starting to look like she would just miss out on DE to AO. However, these points should put her well into contention.

I think for Sam it is probably just the end of the season, the euphoria from winning USO that is causing her results. I'm sure she will come back in 2012 with her head back on her shoulders and back to her winning ways. That said I would love to see her win Osaka just to get peeps off her back.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 02:33 AM   #344
country flag Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Pennetta v ROdionova is not in tomorrows OOP. So thats a positive sign that Flavia pulled out. QF points (70) plus final round qualies (10) would get Anastasia to around 105 in the rankings, and that should secure her direct entry into AO which is so important!
I think as a LL, Nastya lost her 10 points from qualies after she won her R1 match.

Btw, how great is it that Bernard Tomic and Matt Ebden are in R3 in the Shanghai masters? Ebden will be top 100 now! Amazing!
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #345
country flag GeeTee

Ebden will be in top 80 next week after his win over Giles Simon just now!