Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D - Page 247 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 01:30 PM   #3691
country flag MajesticVenus
La Reina V.

MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future MajesticVenus has a brilliant future
Re: Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D

Oh, come on Veelievers!

I know we all want her to come back as soon as possible, specially at Kuala Lumpur because she would have gotten some needed practice against opponents that she should be able to defeat. Nevertheless, let's be honest. Why would we want her to go all over there and then come back to Miami just because of match practice? If I were her, I would stay training in Miami as much as I could in order to get used to the court's conditions. She is capable of pulling a comeback in Miami, and we all know that because even without match practice she has still won her first rounds.

We can all start worrying IF she doesn't play Miami, but until then let's just pray and hope she keeps herself together. Why would you let those haters in GM play with your mind? You should all remember that she won Grand Slams with Sjögren. I keep remembering her match against Justine in 2007 and she still put on a fight even with those inhalers for something that she didn't even have. More recently, she reached the semifinal of the US Open so let's just keep being positive.

Finally, I think that all Veelievers know how tenacious she is so I don't expect her to just retire because she just wants to give up. If she does, it will be after a very long fight against it. Just don't underestimate Venus and her fighting spirit.

Beginning of the end my freaking ass, keep your mouth shut until it is sure that it will happen.

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:52 PM   #3692
country flag Paneru

Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute Paneru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticVenus View Post
Oh, come on Veelievers!

I know we all want her to come back as soon as possible, specially at Kuala Lumpur because she would have gotten some needed practice against opponents that she should be able to defeat. Nevertheless, let's be honest. Why would we want her to go all over there and then come back to Miami just because of match practice? If I were her, I would stay training in Miami as much as I could in order to get used to the court's conditions. She is capable of pulling a comeback in Miami, and we all know that because even without match practice she has still won her first rounds.

We can all start worrying IF she doesn't play Miami, but until then let's just pray and hope she keeps herself together. Why would you let those haters in GM play with your mind? You should all remember that she won Grand Slams with Sjögren. I keep remembering her match against Justine in 2007 and she still put on a fight even with those inhalers for something that she didn't even have. More recently, she reached the semifinal of the US Open so let's just keep being positive.

Finally, I think that all Veelievers know how tenacious she is so I don't expect her to just retire because she just wants to give up. If she does, it will be after a very long fight against it. Just don't underestimate Venus and her fighting spirit.

Beginning of the end my freaking ass, keep your mouth shut until it is sure that it will happen.
Great post!

We'll get official word one way or the other likely by tomorrow.
Paneru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 05:33 PM   #3693
country flag Slammer7
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!

Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute Slammer7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Vee_92 View Post
Same here. I wish people in GM woudln't just cast presumptions and then start the hate brigade about how it's over for Venus. I accept that she's not a fave for everyone, but considering how out of her control her absence is, they should really imagine what it'd be like if their fave were in this position.
People can be heartless and cruel, especially when it doesn't involve them or someone they care about. Don't bother with the immaturity and outright stupidity in GM, some of those people wouldn't care if a player they disliked was bleeding right there in front of them.

She will play when she thinks she can. She has lost the excess weight she had gained the last 2 years and now it's about her regaining her strength and stamina. I will be happy whenever she is back on the court and even more so when she finally trusts her body to do what she wants it to do.
Isn't Mary Carillo a dried up, bitter, menopausal, frustrated harpy.....?
Slammer7 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 05:36 PM   #3694
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

If anything I sincerely hope that she is able to qualify for the Olympics. I'm not knowledgeable of all the rules/protocols/stipulations; thus I'm not sure how many points she'll need to be able to play singles in London- or in other words, realistically, when she needs to start playing by..?

I think it would be a shame for her to miss out on something that only comes by every four years, at Wimbledon of all places. But IF it turns out that she can't play (for whatever reason), then it is what it is- no one to blame, just an unfortunate circumstance that I'm sure we'll all get over.
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 05:55 PM   #3695
country flag ico4498
My Queen ah di original champion.

ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Mensah View Post
Q. Venus, what is next for you? Can we count on seeing you in Miami?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I'm not sure what my plans are. Honestly, I'm going to play next week in terms of going home and start training, really try to hone in on my singles game, see how I'm covering the court, that kind of thing.
For me it's kind of week by week, just see what happens. I try not to put pressure on myself, even though I do. I mean, if I could, I would have played last week. But as soon as I can.

Q. Venus, you're talking about coming back as soon as you can. Is it a lack of energy? What symptoms are you still fighting?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I'm still fighting fatigue. I'm getting better. I mean, it just takes a while to kind of find the right medicines that work, to get stronger. Once you do have a chance to get on the court, it takes at least six weeks to build a nice baseline so you just don't get hurt.
The big push for me is the Olympics this year, so I can get back on the court and get my ranking up. If I'm healthy, I'm not worried about my ranking. I think I can hit the ball. It's just about my body cooperating. It's about being able to play matches in a row. Right now I'm not sure how much I can do with that, but we'll see.

Q. But you feel that medicines can make the energy come back a hundred percent?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I mean, some of them take six months to set in, then you just have to find what works best, similar to a lot of stuff. It's definitely, you know, a real‑life experience for sure. My life is going to be different, but I'm glad to know what's wrong with me so I can get better. That's just like what it's about.

Q. Venus, I was looking through previous Fed Cup appearances of yours. Last time you were in it, you had a similar hairstyle.
VENUS WILLIAMS: My hair is actually not short, it's just extremely curly. It's really long. It's like a little slinky.
I don't know, sometimes I change it up. It's interesting. I wore it like this at the Olympics, Fed Cup.

Q. Is it more patriotic hair?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I'm not sure what it is. I literally shake it in the morning and wherever it lands I just go. It's the shake‑and‑go.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=77218
i understand the disappointment, but ^ quoted before the 'wish Venus would tell us whats going on' posts re-emerge.

ico4498 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 06:22 PM   #3696
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

It's very hard for us, her fans, but I can't imagine how hard is for her. But Venus is strong and we're strong!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.

My Twitter
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 06:24 PM   #3697
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veerror View Post
If anything I sincerely hope that she is able to qualify for the Olympics. I'm not knowledgeable of all the rules/protocols/stipulations; thus I'm not sure how many points she'll need to be able to play singles in London- or in other words, realistically, when she needs to start playing by..? r.
She must be in top 56 after RG. If there are only 3 americans gilrs in top 56 she can get WC.
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.

My Twitter
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM   #3698
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Venus will recover soon, I was looking forward to seeing her play, but it guess it wasn't meant to be.

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 06:49 PM   #3699
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammer7 View Post
People can be heartless and cruel, especially when it doesn't involve them or someone they care about. Don't bother with the immaturity and outright stupidity in GM, some of those people wouldn't care if a player they disliked was bleeding right there in front of them.

She will play when she thinks she can. She has lost the excess weight she had gained the last 2 years and now it's about her regaining her strength and stamina. I will be happy whenever she is back on the court and even more so when she finally trusts her body to do what she wants it to do.
SO true!

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 07:12 PM   #3700
country flag WashingtonKastle

WashingtonKastle is just really nice WashingtonKastle is just really nice WashingtonKastle is just really nice WashingtonKastle is just really nice WashingtonKastle is just really nice WashingtonKastle is just really nice WashingtonKastle is just really nice WashingtonKastle is just really nice WashingtonKastle is just really nice WashingtonKastle is just really nice WashingtonKastle is just really nice
Thumbs up Washington Kastles' Williams Sisters Sweepstakes

Venus Williams and Serena Williams are returning to the Washington Kastles this July, and we want you to be there too!

Like the Kastles on Facebook and then take your pick of Venus or Serena in the Williams Sisters Sweepstakes. You could win two VIP tickets to see the sister of your choice, in addition to an autographed Kastles' jersey and photo opportunity with your favorite Williams.

Share the Sweepstakes with your friends and you'll get five bonus entries for each friend who enters!

WashingtonKastle is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #3701
country flag Kairi

Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute

She got a Wildcard for Miami
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...om+-+Tennis%29
Kairi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #3702
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

Well it is Queen Venus.

Why wouldn't they give her a WC?

Old Feb 24th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #3703
country flag Kairi

Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute

I think I might start speaking in tounges or something when she finally steps on court, I'll be so happy
Kairi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #3704
country flag ico4498
My Queen ah di original champion.

ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute ico4498 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.B. View Post
I think I might start speaking in tounges or something when she finally steps on court, I'll be so happy
win or lose, it'll be celebration time.

ico4498 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #3705
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.B. View Post

yeah I expected that...given the time frame, location and practice pics i was expecting vee to return there, but it might have been better if V started out at a MM but anyhoo, I can't wait to see V back on court.

Btw V looks great in that black dress, but her eyes look a lil tired.

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread