Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D - Page 212 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #3166
country flag rechi

rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold rechi is a splendid one to behold
Re: Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D

too bad Venus had to withdrew from the Australian Open. I mean i really miss her out on the court, but i understand it. I will always support her, no matter what. I'm sure she will not come back until she is 100% sure she's ready to go and that makes sense. I would hate it to see her rushing her comeback and then will not be able to play for a long time again. I rather wait and see her fully ready to go, then seeing Venus go down again.

Go Venus!

| serena williams | maria sharapova |

| jelena jankovic | tamira paszek | andrea petkovic | sloane stephens |
rechi is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #3167
country flag MajesticVenus
La Reine V.

MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute

@Uranium: If 2011 was like 2006, then 2012 must be like 2007 which means Wimbledon No. 6! If I were Venus, I would just play Tier-1s, Tier 2-s, and one International like Kuala Lumpur to get match practice. I mean seriously, I think that she is definitely going to get her ranking high enough. Until at least the quarterfinals, there won't be any challenging opponents. Yes it will be rusty, but unlesss she goes in Veeror mode, then I don't think she will lose early. @ your good rep!

@Everyone: I know that this decision was very hard, but we must accept this instead of risking her health and injuring herself once again. It's like when you sacrifice your Queen to save your King and ultimately win the game. I know she will give her EVERYTHING in Wimbledon and the Olympics, and we must make sure that she knows we totally support her.

"I will bounce back, with or without your support."
MajesticVenus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #3168
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Mensah View Post
You're right and thanks! When are you playing competitively next?

When is the tournament you want to play?

What do you do for cardio?

I think 1 handed backhands are actually the best for amateur players
There's always club tournies every weekend, but the bigger provincials are about once a month, there's a lot more for juniors though which sucks
Well cardio, I mainly jog and work on sit ups and a lot of core excercises. I also started footwork drills on the court. I need to get more work outs tips online though.
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #3169
country flag serenaforever
Queen.

serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute serenaforever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
we are ALL lessors under the LORD.
serenaforever is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #3170
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're right and thanks! When are you playing competitively next?
I haven't really decided yet. I am hoping to join a ladies team in the spring but I may breakdown and play a tournament before then if I feel ready enough. I want to make sure the winter rust is knocked off good 1st. One concern though is that playing on a all ladies team I know i will have to play those players who do not have a lot of power and I honestly hate that because it throws my rhythm off sometimes. I actually prefer to hit with guys.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #3171
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy-88 View Post
There's always club tournies every weekend, but the bigger provincials are about once a month, there's a lot more for juniors though which sucks
Well cardio, I mainly jog and work on sit ups and a lot of core excercises. I also started footwork drills on the court. I need to get more work outs tips online though.
Why don't you play the club tournaments? The provincials sound scary

I've decided to cross-train with soccer because the whole jogging thing is not for me

I played soccer with my lil nephew (he's 4) over the holidays it was soooo much fun. We played a game with some other kids, I was the goalie an my job was basically to yell my teammates for their poor defense every time the other team scored

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
I haven't really decided yet. I am hoping to join a ladies team in the spring but I may breakdown and play a tournament before then if I feel ready enough. I want to make sure the winter rust is knocked off good 1st. One concern though is that playing on a all ladies team I know i will have to play those players who do not have a lot of power and I honestly hate that because it throws my rhythm off sometimes. I actually prefer to hit with guys.
its tough i know but years ago when I was "Peak Brenda" I found that playing with people of different levels was a good way of gauging how good my footwork and my ability to adjust was cuz when you play a match your opponent isnt going to be trying to hit the ball at the pace and height you want them to hit...
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #3172
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

^Nah, I will be like The Williams girls, I will jump straight into the BIG time with little preparation. Lol, I will play that guys in my club till I beat them then I will play the provincial tournies, they have qualies so I don't mind if I lose there, it will access my level.

Last edited by Maddox : Jan 12th, 2012 at 06:57 AM.
Maddox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #3173
country flag djbueno

djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light djbueno is a glorious beacon of light

So with Venus out who are we rooting for?

I wouldn't mind Serena, Schiavone, or Kutzensova.
djbueno is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #3174
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@It-Girl don't worry I will keep you updated and you should too. I am glad you are working out, even if it's a home gym. I began cardio today, I am so unfit, I ran out of gas today. And btw my coach said I must play a one-handed backhand, he says it's the best stroke I can hit, so I guess I will be working on that.
Welcome to the henin I mean one handed back hand club

Quote:
its tough i know but years ago when I was "Peak Brenda" I found that playing with people of different levels was a good way of gauging how good my footwork and my ability to adjust was cuz when you play a match your opponent isnt going to be trying to hit the ball at the pace and height you want them to hit...
This is very true, nothing test your footwork like no pace balls. I have found that you do have to appreciate the many different styles of tennis in order to become the best you can be.

Quote:
^Nah, I will be like The Williams girls, I will jump straight into the BIG time with little preparation. Lol, I will play that guys in my club till I beat them then I will play the provincial tournies, they have qualies so I don't mind if I lose there, it will access my level.
Sounds good to me, I'm thinking we should play doubles together at the Australian Open this year I Veelieve we can do it, do you?

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #3175
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbueno View Post
So with Venus out who are we rooting for?

I wouldn't mind Serena, Schiavone, or Kutzensova.
Only Serena for me, even if she'll double Vee's majors
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #3176
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

Quote:
Only Serena for me, even if she'll double Vee's majors
This, then Ana, I know, I know, please don't talk about me. I know Ana is not the same player she use to be

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #3177

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

A.B.K. as usual.

And itgirl, people that say ana will never do this or that are shortsighted as hell. Th4s is wta i could totally see ana having some big resurgence at a later age a la francy
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #3178
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
Sounds good to me, I'm thinking we should play doubles together at the Australian Open this year I Veelieve we can do it, do you?
You killed me!!! Yeah let's snatch some wigs.
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #3179

Quote:
i hate to be picky but arent the provincials for pros or juniors or whatever?? Whats wrong w playing the club tournamdnts? And when are u playing for the first time?
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #3180
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

Quote:
You killed me!!! Yeah let's snatch some wigs.
Since we both have dashes in our user name they can call us the Dash siblings

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
Closed Thread