Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D - Page 209 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #3121
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D

She only started her treatment around August so it's really not surprising if you really think about it.

I can't wait to see her on court in Feb! Definitely excited for that.
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #3122
country flag toyec1

toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice

Do you think she will still be going to Australia to watch Serena?
toyec1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #3123
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyec1 View Post
Do you think she will still be going to Australia to watch Serena?
No, she has to watch Serena's dogs.

I have no desire to even watch the AO now. I will watch the doubles and mixed because the fields have potential to be for some good action. Serena playing Mixed Serena winning it for the 6th time, or the first time for Sveta, Petra or Vika would be nice. Anything else and the AO will suck.

Lisa/Huber or King/Shvedova for the Doubles Title, and Lisa/Bopanna or Serena/Andy(:vomit: at Andy) for the Mixed.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #3124
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Mensah View Post
Hey, yeah big coincidence I went to play this very saturday. First time since early November I think. Played terribly and didn't enjoy it very much. Didn't help that it was hot as HAYLE (my fault for going to play at midday ).

I'm still unfit and too lazy to bother excercising outside of tennis

My suggestion re overrunning the balls: don't run too fast (obvious I know ), stay on your toes as you run the ball down to allow yourself to stop/slow easily; prepare early to hit the short ball (ie. have your racket back as u run to the ball a la Venus and Serena); and most importantly treat the short ball as an approach rather than a winner...act like the ball might come back and you'll prob hit a deep unreturnable shot anyways .

I'd love to tell you about the things I do well but I right now there's nothing. I hit a few decent bhs and fhs ...maybe two good serves on Sat but they were far and few between and not very deliberate . I hope to get into form one day.

GOOD NEWS though, I may join and play in the ladder thingy of a club around here. I put my name down for more info so if i get an email or see the person this weekend i might actually play some competitive matches. That would give me incentive to get fit and work on my game I think. Hopefully i'll find the spark because i'm starting to dislike tennis.
I will have to try this approach to over running the ball. I will let you know how it goes. I think it is great that you are possibly joining a team. To be honest it really helps to do that because if you don't the fire & desire can fade because you don't get to play as much on your own as you do when you are working with a team to accomplish a goal and actually practicing every week. It is however a good think if a person does prefer to go at it alone to enter some tournaments because this will help to keep the fire going. Let me know how it goes

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #3125
country flag MajesticVenus
La Reine V.

MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute

Next time we see Serena answering "You will have to ask her that", let's just assume that she isn't playing.
By the way, Serena tweeted Venus right after she withdrawn: "I love you" so sweet from her.

Veelievers, do you think Venus is in danger of not qualifying for the Olympics? I would be devastated if I go and then she could not qualify. I don't even know if I should go to Wimbledon instead of the Olympics.

"I will bounce back, with or without your support."
MajesticVenus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #3126
country flag toyec1

toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice toyec1 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
No, she has to watch Serena's dogs.

I have no desire to even watch the AO now. I will watch the doubles and mixed because the fields have potential to be for some good action. Serena playing Mixed Serena winning it for the 6th time, or the first time for Sveta, Petra or Vika would be nice. Anything else and the AO will suck.

Lisa/Huber or King/Shvedova for the Doubles Title, and Lisa/Bopanna or Serena/Andy(:vomit: at Andy) for the Mixed.

Hahahaha are you serious! Surely they had somebody ready to look after the dogs if Venus was going to travel to Australia? I really need to know, because I have missed Venus 2 years now at the Australian Open, 2 years of waiting to see her. I did see her in 2010 though. I really want her autograph this year, so if she goes what are my best ways of getting Venus' autograph, obviously Serena's will be easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticVenus View Post
Next time we see Serena answering "You will have to ask her that", let's just assume that she isn't playing.
By the way, Serena tweeted Venus right after she withdrawn: "I love you" so sweet from her.

Veelievers, do you think Venus is in danger of not qualifying for the Olympics? I would be devastated if I go and then she could not qualify. I don't even know if I should go to Wimbledon instead of the Olympics.
I'm worried about that as well, do you think she could get a wildcard in, it would be hell if she doesn't recover before the Clay Season!
toyec1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #3127
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyec1 View Post
Hahahaha are you serious! Surely they had somebody ready to look after the dogs if Venus was going to travel to Australia? I really need to know, because I have missed Venus 2 years now at the Australian Open, 2 years of waiting to see her. I did see her in 2010 though. I really want her autograph this year, so if she goes what are my best ways of getting Venus' autograph, obviously Serena's will be easier!
There was a tweet from Venus, basically indicating that she was looking after Serena's dogs.

I don't think she'll fly out to Australia JUST to support Serena.

Anyway, it's great news that Venus is practicing and looking well and happy on a tennis court. That to me shows she's intending on coming back soon.

I think when she announced she had Sjogren's, we all deduced that her treatment plan wouldn't be long enough for her to be healthy for the AO.
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #3128
country flag Highlandman

Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veerror View Post
She only started her treatment around August so it's really not surprising if you really think about it.

I can't wait to see her on court in Feb! Definitely excited for that.
Agree. And the pictures in Florida with the Frenchs showed she obviously training really hard again. I guess a huge reason for her withdrawl is also that time she is full in practise (practise for the tournament) again is too short to compete consistantly on the level she wants to compete. That Venus is always able to have 2-3 very well matches out of the nowhere is for sure, but she wants more. When you don't have a great preparation you have seen on grass 2011 how fast it can change between amazing to awful.

Most important thing she is getting better and better to handle the syndrome and that she will be in a great shape again.

I'm not afraid for Olympics, because if she really starts playing in Feb. again she still has enough tournament to get her ranking in right position. Doha, Dubai?, Kuala Lumpur, Miami and then also some clay tournaments, where she is usually doing well I don't see any problem. And the final decision is still in hand of federation.

I love the way she is staying positive these days.

Get well soon Venus, you are greatly missed
Venus Williams - My #1 forever.
Angelika Roesch & Andrea Petkovic & Mona Barthel
Victoria Azarenka & Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Anna Tatishvili & Jelena Dokic
Highlandman is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #3129
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticVenus View Post

Yes. She needs to be around 65 in the world by Wimbledon. Serena is qualifying. Christina looks likely unless she has a shit season. Beth has a good shot, but with her injuries and inconsistency who knows how her season will unfold. If Venus is not top 65ish (whatever the cutoff is when players are taken out for more than 4 from a country rule) and 3 or 4 Americans are in directly, then she is not in. I say 3 because Venus could get a WC, but that won't happen because priority goes to Irina Falconi who won Pan Am Games and guaranteed a WC if there is a spot open in the US 4 singles player selections.
Some poster is saying that Vania being top 10 would take the singles limit to 3. I am not sure if that is true. A) It is stupid, add another doubles player to a team than an eligible singles player? b) I thought since Lisa/Liezel knock Vania out then her top 10 status has no bearing and top 4 US singles players take priority, meaning Venus/Serena take 2nd doubles spot. Who knows, we could have another Lisa Raymond 2000 Sydney occasion happen.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #3130
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh. At least that blog entry is encouraging. Her return is finally in sight.

And now I'm REALLY hoping that she comes to Fed Cup. Playing a serious (but not too serious) match against Azarenka would do her a lot of good. Especially if her official comeback tournament is going to be Doha which has a loaded field...

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #3131
country flag Highlandman

Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veerror View Post
There was a tweet from Venus, basically indicating that she was looking after Serena's dogs.

I don't think she'll fly out to Australia JUST to support Serena.
I'm sure Venus will use the time to get ready for her comeback in February. Will be interesting if she will compete in FedCup or not. Because of rules she has to be there, but if she will play then? I could imagine is already trying there for a match or doubles, especially against Belarus #2 then.
Venus Williams - My #1 forever.
Angelika Roesch & Andrea Petkovic & Mona Barthel
Victoria Azarenka & Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Anna Tatishvili & Jelena Dokic
Highlandman is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #3132
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

I am so devastated that Venus is not playing at the 2012 Australian Open I really belive that she will win the Singles before she retires and she will I am confident and 2013 is 10 years since she reached the Final so it could be a lucky charm.
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #3133
VishaalMaria

I also think that she didn't want to rush her comeback. She did it last year and got injured in the second round of the AO which set her back quite a lot.

And then she did it again for Eastbourne and Wimbledon.

So I don't think she wanted to do it for a third time in the past 12 months.

It's also the fact that we havent seen Venus play in a long time and the fact the AO is so close by....I'd rather she come back and make a deep run at the FO or Wimbledon as opposed to flaming out at the AO.
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #3134
VishaalMaria

I also think that she didn't want to rush her comeback. She did it last year and got injured in the second round of the AO which set her back quite a lot.

And then she did it again for Eastbourne and Wimbledon.

So I don't think she wanted to do it for a third time in the past 12 months.

It's also the fact that we havent seen Venus play in a long time and the fact the AO is so close by....I'd rather she come back and make a deep run at the FO or Wimbledon as opposed to flaming out at the AO.
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #3135
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

She said last year that she would never rush a comeback again.

Glad she's making progress though.

( )
Closed Thread