Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D - Page 199 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 24th, 2011, 06:52 AM   #2971
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D

I can't believe we are reliving the Pironkova part II match at Wimbledon

Anyway I remember being so nervous after her 3rd round match, and that weekend before the 4th round, it was all I could think about.
I watched Serena Bartolli and I was sad, I didn't watch Vee, I couldn't take another breakdown
Maddox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 24th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #2972
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy-88 View Post
I can't believe we are reliving the Pironkova part II match at Wimbledon

Anyway I remember being so nervous after her 3rd round match, and that weekend before the 4th round, it was all I could think about.
I watched Serena Bartolli and I was sad, I didn't watch Vee, I couldn't take another breakdown
I still cannot believe that Pironkova's record against Venus is 3 - 0

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #2973
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

That match pissed me off so much. I wasn't too upset about Serena's loss because of how hard she fought at the end, but then Venus came and TOTALLY ruined my day. She was just so lifeless and I thought that she wasn't even trying. It stung even more too because of how she was talking herself up beforehand, saying that she'd definitely compete better than she did in the 2010 loss. She ended up doing the opposite, and I was just so insulted. 2 months later it all made sense though. She WAS trying... her body just wasn't cooperating.

Ugh I cannot wait for Venus to smoke her next time they play. I want Ebony Starr to come out and give Tsveti the MJMS-treatment.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #2974
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
That match pissed me off so much. I wasn't too upset about Serena's loss because of how hard she fought at the end, but then Venus came and TOTALLY ruined my day. She was just so lifeless and I thought that she wasn't even trying. It stung even more too because of how she was talking herself up beforehand, saying that she'd definitely compete better than she did in the 2010 loss. She ended up doing the opposite, and I was just so insulted. 2 months later it all made sense though. She WAS trying... her body just wasn't cooperating.

Ugh I cannot wait for Venus to smoke her next time they play. I want Ebony Starr to come out and give Tsveti the MJMS-treatment.
That is sweet music to my ears. Is it a shame to want that as much as I want Venus to win another slam?

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #2975
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
I still cannot believe that Pironkova's record against Venus is 3 - 0
You shouldn't believe it because it isn't. It is 3-1.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #2976
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Yeah, they're first encounter was in 05 and Vee won comfortably.
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #2977
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know whats the fuss over the Pironkova scores. Venus at one point was 1-3 against Flavia and ended up kinda turning it around evenly the score in 2009 (before their last encounter in Cincinatti) so yeah, I want Venus to play Pironkova.

I guess that all the WOWZAR and noes comes from the fact that 2 of those 3 Pironkova wins happened in Wimbledon

The only thing that "scares" me about this matchup is the fact that Venus was very tight on their last encounter, Venuus' body language was not giving me good vibes, She was not looking for blood but i hope that that's all due to the fact that she was only getting back from injury and was probably questioning her own form.

Last edited by volta : Dec 25th, 2011 at 02:21 PM.
volta is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #2978
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

The Australian Open tournament director seems very confident that Vee will be in Australia. There's an article about it on Eurosport. I hope he is right!
V-MAC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #2979
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, they're first encounter was in 05 and Vee won comfortably.

This just made my Christmas a little

Thanks for the correct info.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 02:14 AM   #2980
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Venus I jut want her to start snatching some wigs. I wanna see her play tennis like the 10 Dubai final.

Edit: whoops!! I thought that her Dubai final was farther away then it really was.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova

Last edited by VeeJJ : Dec 27th, 2011 at 06:41 PM.
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #2981
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaJa Swan View Post
Venus I jut want her to start snatching some wigs. I wanna see her play tennis like the 08 Dubai final.
Oh you mean the one contested between Dementieva and Kuznetsova?

As for Pironkova, let that little skank (though I like her) have those 3 wins because she ain't doing shit in her career. And for me 2010 hurt more than 2011. 2010 she was coming in on good form and looking good to take the title. 2011 Venus would not have won the title and was coming in off rusty form. The 2011 encounter we weren't even sure if Venus was healthy because the round before she was holding her hip and had her thigh taped up. Venus was feeling more effects and fatigue of her disease at this point.

Old Dec 27th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #2982
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Guys will Venus be ready for Australian Open? I mean she pulled out of Auckland saying she won't be ready by then but will she be ready for AO the following week which will be grueling and we won't know where she will land in the draw, my question is, will she be ready to jump straight back to grand slam level competition?

And will she be given a wild card?
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #2983
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

There's a week between the two tournaments.

I guess she's gonna wing it. It's almost like this year, until the unlikely injury against Zahlavova.

go in on heavy practice and not much match play...if anyone can do that it's a Williams sister.
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #2984
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Quote:
Guys will Venus be ready for Australian Open? I mean she pulled out of Auckland saying she won't be ready by then but will she be ready for AO the following week which will be grueling and we won't know where she will land in the draw, my question is, will she be ready to jump straight back to grand slam level competition?

And will she be given a wild card?
She does not need a Wild Card yet, 108 get in directly and Venus is 104. Events after Melbourne she will though unless she does some big damage.

And like dynamo said, she'll just do what she did this year.

Old Dec 27th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #2985
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Quote:
And like dynamo said, she'll just do what she did this year.
Hopefully without the re-injuring herself, I pray for a seed she will beat early on.
Closed Thread