Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D - Page 151 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #2251
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D

I think Venus and them knew this match wasn't going to go Serena's way from the off set because I remember the camera showing them early in the match and Venus was looking down and Isha looked bored. A far cry from how involved they were in 2008.
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #2252

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

p.s. I love this gif you posted xturbo

Old Sep 14th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #2253
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKang. View Post
p.s. I love this gif you posted xturbo

Thanks

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #2254
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Venus and them knew this match wasn't going to go Serena's way from the off set because I remember the camera showing them early in the match and Venus was looking down and Isha looked bored. A far cry from how involved they were in 2008.
which this has nothing to do how well Sam played but it was evident that Serena was not herself physically... and I'm sure her camp knew that going into the match.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #2255
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
As for Venus playing...maybe. If Serena wins both, I definitely think it will motivate Venus to finish the Mixed too. It will definitely keep it in Vee's mind. It has already been discussed by her, but Serena doing it may be the push she needs.
Oh Man, them completing the mixed would be awesome, but damn, I wonder about Vee and her quest of completing the singles and her chances of playing Melbourne.
Maddox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #2256
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy-88 View Post
Oh Man, them completing the mixed would be awesome, but damn, I wonder about Vee and her quest of completing the singles and her chances of playing Melbourne.
My view is get the Mixed done now, you don't have to worry about it anymore. I don't like putting it off, then you have less time to do it and potentially retire without it. Just get it done.

As for singles, that ship has been sailing away for some time. If she can get her health together and with who's been winning slams lately, she has a shot. A slim shot. I still have hope in the Australian Open.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #2257
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

Venus will win the Australian Open before she retires but I don't think she will win the French Open as Clay is her least favourite surface but never say never.
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #2258
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy-88 View Post
Also, next year will be tougher to try to do it than past years because of the newly added Mixed into the Olympics. A few top players will be entering to get in some practice with their partners heading into the Olympics to better their chances of getting a medal. The Australian shouldn't be that stacked, but Serena/Andy may give some teams ideas The French and Wimbledon I expect to get better fields than usual. US Open probably won't since players will be tired from the events during the summer + Olympics and won't want to add another event to their USO Campaign.

Of course, Venus and Serena are great players and if they enter would be favorites to win the title no matter who else is entered. But I am just saying that the competition will be tougher to beat in the attempt of accomplishing their Career Mixed Slam if they both go after it next year.

Old Sep 15th, 2011, 01:38 AM   #2259
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this article from the other day on the US Open site and it really made me smile;
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/mat...789755801.html

It's about the men's wheelchair final and mentions that Vee was at it, just an hour after seeing Serena lose. I think that is pretty remarkable and I didn't know Vee had an interest in wheelchair tennis but great on her for supporting it.
David Wagner, this year's champion, had lovely words to say about Vee too. Just when I thought it was impossible to love this woman any more
By right, this kind of story deserves a thread of its own in GM but the mods would just move it here immediately
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #2260
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^Venus has liked watching wheelchair tennis and it's been discussed slightly before. There were pictures of her watching a match during 2010 Australian Open I think.

Old Sep 15th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #2261
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bad fan..I had no idea
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #2262
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

You probably just forgot . I remember talking about it. Checked Picture thread, wasn't there and then checked her AO 2010 cheering thread and it was there. I posted the pic and asked why she was at a Wheelchair match and Olorin filled us in saying that at Wimbledon Venus said she was getting into it, specifically this one person's matches/results. It apparently is David Wagner. And a few posts down, you posted (not about that though). So I am sure you were aware, just forgot

I know you're just joking, but I am a tad bit bored, so I checked.

Old Sep 15th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #2263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketta View Post
which this has nothing to do how well Sam played but it was evident that Serena was not herself physically... and I'm sure her camp knew that going into the match.
ITA. I also think Serena's problems probably provoked the outburst too. It seemed like she was venting more than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post
Saw this article from the other day on the US Open site and it really made me smile;
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/mat...789755801.html

It's about the men's wheelchair final and mentions that Vee was at it, just an hour after seeing Serena lose. I think that is pretty remarkable and I didn't know Vee had an interest in wheelchair tennis but great on her for supporting it.
David Wagner, this year's champion, had lovely words to say about Vee too. Just when I thought it was impossible to love this woman any more
By right, this kind of story deserves a thread of its own in GM but the mods would just move it here immediately
Yes Venus stays stanning for the wheelchair guys. I remember her watching it at the US Open 2009 and then the AO 2010 as well.

I'm sure one could get that in GM with a little bit of creativity in the title
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #2264
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that's cuz he was thinking this

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #2265
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
I don't think that it means Venus won't play. I think Serena may not want to push Venus too much though. Serena wants to play Olympic Mixed with Roddick. Selections are before Wimbledon I believe. So she would need to play with him before Wimbledon to prove they are worthy. What a better way then to play the 2 slams that Serena is missing.

As for Venus playing...maybe. If Serena wins both, I definitely think it will motivate Venus to finish the Mixed too. It will definitely keep it in Vee's mind. It has already been discussed by her, but Serena doing it may be the push she needs.
I really want to see Serena and Roddick play, I want to see how good they are as a team.

Hopefully Venus will complete the mixed slam too, she came so close at Wimbledon, but the Wimbledon organizing screwed Venus' chances up.

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread