Learn Hungarian Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2010, 12:15 AM   #31
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future
Re: Learn Hungarian Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Garfield in Hungarian?
Everything is in Hungarian.

Most of the Hungarians don't like subtitles. They switch to an other channel, if there is a subtitled film. So all successful movies and television series exist in Hungarian version.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."

Last edited by Hakapeszi : Apr 12th, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:19 AM   #32
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Joey from Friends . I'll remember that phrase, although it might make me sound a bit creepy .
It depends on the intonation
I think I found a bunch of good things:
If you want something really Hungarian, then here is Vuk (a tale about a fox, it's for children):

Edit: ok, something really really Hungarian - folktales

And finally something happy:

Last edited by Gregorio87 : Apr 12th, 2010 at 09:35 AM.
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #33
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hakapeszi and Gregorio .
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #34
country flag McPie
Xīn Yuān Yāng H Di Mng

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

^ yeah, I was meant to mean "very good, eh" but never thought of "not bad" actually or it will be "nem rossz" is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
Everything is in Hungarian.

Most of the Hungarians don't like subtitles. They switch to an other channel, if there is a subtitled film. So all successful movies and television series exist in Hungarian version.
yeah Zone 2 DVD but it had THA subtitle & audio too

The McFanPage | The McTrans Page | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #35
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPie View Post
^ yeah, I was meant to mean "very good, eh" but never thought of "not bad" actually or it will be "nem rossz" is it?
You know quite a bit of Hungarian . I know what you said meant "very good" but I think English native speakers tend not to say "very good, eh" when referring to ourselves. We would say maybe "pretty good, huh" or more likely, "not bad, eh?"

Quote:
yeah Zone 2 DVD but it had THA subtitle & audio too
That would be very useful for you to learn . I would need English subtitles.
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #36
country flag McPie
Xīn Yuān Yāng H Di Mng

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know quite a bit of Hungarian . I know what you said meant "very good" but I think English native speakers tend not to say "very good, eh" when referring to ourselves. We would say maybe "pretty good, huh" or more likely, "not bad, eh?"
I don't like it (pretty good, huh?), it reminds me of "BadPit" in Sinbad

well, I have a good Magyar teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH
Unfortunately the only THA I know is that song that helps you remember the full name of KrungThepMahanakhon
you listen to Asanee & Wasan Chotikul?

The McFanPage | The McTrans Page | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #37
country flag HowardH

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPie View Post
I don't like it (pretty good, huh?), it reminds me of "BadPit" in Sinbad
I haven't seen that movie . "BadPit" . You could also say "not too shabby, huh?"

Quote:
well, I have a good Magyar teacher
Ah I see. That must really help.

Quote:
you listen to Asanee & Wasan Chotikul?
That's the one . The famous song. I came across it several years ago when I first realised how long the name of Bangkok was and I wanted to learn it. I hadn't heard it in a few years but I just looked it up on youtube and listened to it again.
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #38
country flag McPie
Xīn Yuān Yāng H Di Mng

haha veoma dobro oh, that's Srpski, sorry

I never seen it too I only see that line of badpit in trailer

Old Apr 15th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #39
country flag HowardH

Serbian? How many languages are you learning? I managed to avoid seeing that trailer too somehow .

This user has a number of simple Learn Hungarian videos for some basic vocab, numbers, colours etc.

Last edited by HowardH : Apr 15th, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #40
country flag HowardH

I also think this English-Hungarian dictionary might prove useful to me and other learners.

http://dict.sztaki.hu/index.jhtml
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #41
country flag Hajr gi!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hajr gi! is a name known to all Hajr gi! is a name known to all Hajr gi! is a name known to all Hajr gi! is a name known to all Hajr gi! is a name known to all Hajr gi! is a name known to all Hajr gi! is a name known to all Hajr gi! is a name known to all Hajr gi! is a name known to all Hajr gi! is a name known to all Hajr gi! is a name known to all

Good call HowardH. That site is one of the ones I use too. I also find this one to be really good (It even speaks so you can get the correct pronunciation if you're unsure about a word):

http://www.webforditas.hu/?lang=english

Hope it helps!
Hajr gi! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #42
country flag HowardH

Looks pretty good to me .
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 05:25 AM   #43
country flag McPie
Xīn Yuān Yāng H Di Mng

I'm gonna be funk before I finished watching all of them

Quote:
Serbian? How many languages are you learning?
Thai & English is all I can speak another (SRB/DEU/POL/NED/DEU/POR/ITA/ESP/CZE/RUS/SVK) I learn for 'make sure that I won't read their name out wrong' but if I can speak all, would be good but then I would run a translation agency now

I used to study French when I was in Senior High, now all I can do is read them, not translate them

Last edited by McPie : Apr 16th, 2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 05:40 AM   #44
country flag McPie
Xīn Yuān Yāng H Di Mng

just imagine that I have to remember all of this everyday (1 from 3 pages)

you might see that it has no English at all, or even Thai, coz I remember some of them, then I just compare between languages

Old Apr 17th, 2010, 04:59 AM   #45
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

You should learn Greek too
I can teach you

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote