The Sea of Reminiscence ~ Venusí Video Vault - Page 64 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 07:47 PM   #946
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Sea of Reminiscence ~ Venusí Video Vault

Venus/Serena vs Rezai/Razzano 2009 WO Doubles 1r highlights

njoy
donellcarey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 09:06 PM   #947
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #948
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

forgot to post this..

Venus Williams vs Lindsay Davenport 2000 Stanford Highlights

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #949
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
2000 Stanford Final + Interview (Venus wanted to win the stuffed bear)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
forgot to post this..

Venus Williams vs Lindsay Davenport 2000 Stanford Highlights

Posted a page back
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #950
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

oh sorry didn't know thanks
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #951
country flag JamieOwen3

i made this a while back and forgot to upload....

Venus Williams vs Karin Knapp 2008 Doha Highlights

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #952
country flag donellcarey

donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute donellcarey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
i made this a while back and forgot to upload....

Venus Williams vs Karin Knapp 2008 Doha Highlights

I wanted to make this and then I saw yours, and I just backed off
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #953
country flag donellcarey

I forgot to put this here: 2008 AO doubles 1r Vee/Ree vs Wheeler/Adamczak

You can c Vee's outburst, which is awfully rare!!!

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #954
country flag donellcarey

And made this yesterday, Vee vs Jelena Jankovic 2009 Hong Kong Exhibition highlights

People who knows Venus knows 2 things of her: 1. she loves to play Hong Kong Exhibition; 2. Jankovic always gives her a hard time. But in this match in 2009 HK Jankovic doesn't form much of a rivalry for Venus, the score wasn't even close like those other meetings before. Maybe becuz of the cold weather Jankovic didn't have a good performance. Venus's serve was impressive, 10 (or more) aces and only 2 double faults (which is rare for her XD). And what's strange is the video I've got just eliminates the last 2 points (including match point), really wired. Anyway, njoy!

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #955
country flag donellcarey

Vee/Ree vs Kleybanova/Makarova 2009 UO SF highlights

Usually Venus is the one who leads in the doubles, but this time is Serena. The big wind really got Venus, her shaky second serves

Luckily they went through cuz Kleybanova ain't there to surrender, that girl can STRIKE!!!

And Serena's foot fault, just one night before the famous semifinal...
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #956
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by donellcarey View Post
And made this yesterday, Vee vs Jelena Jankovic 2009 Hong Kong Exhibition highlights

People who knows Venus knows 2 things of her: 1. she loves to play Hong Kong Exhibition; 2. Jankovic always gives her a hard time. But in this match in 2009 HK Jankovic doesn't form much of a rivalry for Venus, the score wasn't even close like those other meetings before. Maybe becuz of the cold weather Jankovic didn't have a good performance. Venus's serve was impressive, 10 (or more) aces and only 2 double faults (which is rare for her XD). And what's strange is the video I've got just eliminates the last 2 points (including match point), really wired. Anyway, njoy!

I remember watching the scoreboard for this match expecting a tough match and being shocked at how dominant Vee was. This level on a hard court would have breezed the 2012 Australian, nobody has produced this good a level on a hard court since Serena in Oz a couple of years ago.

I do think though, that the short period at the start of 2009 has to be considered disappointing. Vee ended 08 with that fantastic win at the YEC, then played lights out against JJ and Vera in Hong Kong only to flop massively in Melbourne. She went on to win Dubai and Acapulco and play well in Miami straight afterwards so i don't think the Navarro loss can be solely put down to Sjogrens at that point either. I think she choked plain and simple i remember being gutted by that loss.

If she'd have kept that form a few weeks longer, i think she could've beaten Serena in 09 and then would've anihilated Safina in the final, and she'd have got her hands on the Daphne
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #957
country flag donellcarey

I think maybe she's just not for the hot weather or something, I dunno. She seems to do well before Australia changes its court, with that rebound ace. That suits her game more than the blue court.
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #958
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Vee_92 View Post
I remember watching the scoreboard for this match expecting a tough match and being shocked at how dominant Vee was. This level on a hard court would have breezed the 2012 Australian, nobody has produced this good a level on a hard court since Serena in Oz a couple of years ago.

I do think though, that the short period at the start of 2009 has to be considered disappointing. Vee ended 08 with that fantastic win at the YEC, then played lights out against JJ and Vera in Hong Kong only to flop massively in Melbourne. She went on to win Dubai and Acapulco and play well in Miami straight afterwards so i don't think the Navarro loss can be solely put down to Sjogrens at that point either. I think she choked plain and simple i remember being gutted by that loss.

If she'd have kept that form a few weeks longer, I think she could've beaten Serena in 09 and then would've anihilated Safina in the final, and she'd have got her hands on the Daphne
The thing most people do NOT realize is that SOMETIMES Venus does not choke; she just loses concentration VERY VERY easily. I've lost count of the number of times where she's played well enough to acquire a break lead, but a few crappy or rather SLOPPY errors and it's back on level terms, usually at the business end of the set and she get's all panicked and distressed (which gives off the illusion that she's choking).

Contrary to popular belief, I honestly believe that's what happened against Carla. As a fan, I've probably been one of Venus's harshest critics, so I don't care if people think I'm in denial. But I'm just calling it as I see it. And I think when Venus lost the lead and it was 5-5, instead of calming herself it caused her to over-hit.
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #959
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by donellcarey View Post

Vee/Ree vs Kleybanova/Makarova 2009 UO SF highlights

Usually Venus is the one who leads in the doubles, but this time is Serena. The big wind really got Venus, her shaky second serves

Luckily they went through cuz Kleybanova ain't there to surrender, that girl can STRIKE!!!

And Serena's foot fault, just one night before the famous semifinal...
Thank you. Great highlights. I remember watching the match live and thinking Alisa is such a beast, hit to Ekaterina and yet I am watching these highlights and Ekat was knocking off winners and Alisa not doing much.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #960
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veerror View Post
The thing most people do NOT realize is that SOMETIMES Venus does not choke; she just loses concentration VERY VERY easily. I've lost count of the number of times where she's played well enough to acquire a break lead, but a few crappy or rather SLOPPY errors and it's back on level terms, usually at the business end of the set and she get's all panicked and distressed (which gives off the illusion that she's choking).

Contrary to popular belief, I honestly believe that's what happened against Carla. As a fan, I've probably been one of Venus's harshest critics, so I don't care if people think I'm in denial. But I'm just calling it as I see it. And I think when Venus lost the lead and it was 5-5, instead of calming herself it caused her to over-hit.

I do see what you mean, but i think it's a combination of a choke, a loss of concentration, and then not having a plan B a lot of the time. I remember watching the match and it being a night match, where as it developed the court started to play slower, and Carla's shots would bounce ridiculously high meaning Vee couldn't hit on the rise. For me, the loss of concentration with Vee is a brief thing that she usually gets back withing 2 or 3 games. Against CSN everything seemed so frantic at the end, maybe not a traditional choke ie loads of doubles and netted returns, but her manner of play and lack of conviction in her shots and point construction is a Venus Williams Chokejob, which post 08 became all too common.
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote