Western & Southern Slayage: Queen Vee's Cheering Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2014, 11:56 PM   #1
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
Western & Southern Slayage: Queen Vee's Cheering Thread

Not sure if she'll play or not but we need a thread just in case. I was expecting this to be where she made some noise this summer given the speed of the courts. So let's see.

Draw

(1)S.Williams v BYE
Stosur v Q
Koukalova v Q
Q v (13)Pennetta

(10)Azarenka v Zahlavova Strycova
Petkovic v Stephens
Muguruza v Q
(8)Jankovic v BYE

(4)A.Radwanska v BYE
Nara v Oprandi
Vinci v Lisicki
Q v (14)Errani

(12)Wozniacki v Rybarikova
Zhang v Q
Hantuchova v Makarova
(6)Kerber v BYE

(7)Bouchard v BYE
Giorgi v Kuznetsova
Q v (wc)McHale
Cirstea v (9)Ivanovic

(15)Suarez Navarro v Pironkova
Q v Dellacqua
Svitolina v (wc)Davis
(3)Kvitova v BYE

(5)Sharapova v BYE
Cornet v Keys
Q v (wc)Bencic
Pavlyuchenkova v (11)Cibulkova

(16)Safarova v V.Williams
Q v Q
Q v Flipkens
(2)Halep v BYE

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 12:08 AM   #2
country flag jean_genie

jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Western & Southern Slayage: Queen Vee's Cheering Thread

Ugh. What a murderer's row of players to get through Safarova is tough. Let's hope she can recover, get some rest and be ready for play on Tuesday. Tuesday right?
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 12:36 AM   #3
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah she should play on Tuesday unless there are weather issues.
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #4
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Safarova shouldn't be too hard for Vee. She's a huge headcase

Little Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 02:21 AM   #5
country flag jean_genie

jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute

Ack! I just looked at the online scoring app thing and it says she plays TOMORROW at 9am?? WHAT???
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 02:45 AM   #6
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

I just checked the official ATP/WTA app and she isn't on the schedule for tomorrow. Maybe she was originally and they moved it? She's not on the official order of play for Monday either on the website.
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 04:28 AM   #7
country flag jean_genie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couver View Post
I just checked the official ATP/WTA app and she isn't on the schedule for tomorrow. Maybe she was originally and they moved it? She's not on the official order of play for Monday either on the website.
Thank you darling I was having a meltdown thinking poor Vee would have to get to Cincy and then be on court bright and early in the morning. Hopefully the tournament organizers allowed for the fact that she played a final in Canada and needed to travel to make it there. If they're smart, they don't want her to be totally exhausted either

So Tuesday probably , right?
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 04:33 AM   #8
country flag Thiudans

Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad it's packed. Especially with Bouchard and Sharapova. And she's opposite Serena. I hate when they play and it's not a final.
Do well, Vee

Veesus Christ & Sister Price
Thiudans is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:21 AM   #9
country flag mirzafanindia

mirzafanindia is a name known to all mirzafanindia is a name known to all mirzafanindia is a name known to all mirzafanindia is a name known to all mirzafanindia is a name known to all mirzafanindia is a name known to all mirzafanindia is a name known to all mirzafanindia is a name known to all mirzafanindia is a name known to all mirzafanindia is a name known to all mirzafanindia is a name known to all

Vee do well
mirzafanindia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #10
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

Go Venus, hope she builds on her Canada success and wins her matches in straights

Maddox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #11
country flag akosijepoy

akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of akosijepoy has much to be proud of

when does she play?
akosijepoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #12
country flag xr6turbo
Veelieve.

xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute xr6turbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosijepoy View Post
when does she play?
Tuesday, although the weather is meant to be crapola!

"I want to do things on my own terms, I can't have anything take me out.
I have never given up and it's important for me to prove to myself that I can do this, and to prove to me that i'm a champion.
If I were just to sit down, lay down and give in, then I wouldn't have any respect for myself."
VW
xr6turbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #13
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

If it does rain I hope they don't do start and stop with matches. Just cancel them. I'm still not sure she is going to play though.
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 07:57 PM   #14
country flag nadlinds

nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of

All the best Venus in Cincinnati.

VENUS WILLIAMS ~ 7 TIME GRAND SLAM SINGLES CHAMPION.

SERENA & VENUS WILLIAMS ~ 13 TIME GRAND SLAM DOUBLES CHAMPIONS.

SERENA AND VENUS WILLIAMS ~ THE 2 GREATEST SISTERS SUPERSTARS OF ALL TIME.
nadlinds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #15
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couver View Post
If it does rain I hope they don't do start and stop with matches. Just cancel them. I'm still not sure she is going to play though.
Yeah, that is so draining.

Anyway, she doesn't have the greatest or the worst draw. The whole draw is stacked. I actually think the first match might be the most difficult, since she is just coming from the final in Montreal. (I've flown from Montreal to Cinci. The flight is so short. ) Might be hard to get up for the match.

I hope she's getting good physio from Esther. She needs it.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote