Maia Lumsden - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 17th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #1
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Maia Lumsden

I know she's only 12 years old (born January 10, 1998), but I thought with the success she's already had this year, it would be a good time to start her cheering thread. Not only did she win the Winter Grand Prix Masters 12s without dropping a set, she also won the Super 12 international tournament in Auray, France without dropping a set. There's even a video of the final on youtube. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwh1zKn-11g

It's hard to tell too much from that video but it's nice to see a 12 year old slicing and volleying. Anyway, we don't really need to posting so much in this thread yet but I thought I'd get it started just so we'll be ready if she does something big. Good luck in the future Maia!

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #2
country flag NoChokes

NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of NoChokes has much to be proud of
Re: Maia Lumsden

I like the name Maia, I hope she does well.

(not just because of her name, the more talents the merrier.)

KOB
NoChokes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #3
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

Which was she in the video? One looked like a younger, scrawnier Katie

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #4
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenus_2k8 View Post
Which was she in the video? One looked like a younger, scrawnier Katie
How to say without being politically incorrect?

The finalists don't look very similar, a quick visit to Google images finds http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...rs-rocket.html ...

So Maia was the one in shot for the "balle de match" at 4:52 onwards.

p.s. Feel obliged to point out redundantly that despite the caption in the vid, Maia is not English.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #5
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

Where is Maia from then btw? Ahh I see which one she is now, I still think she has a slight look of Katie!

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #6
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenus_2k8 View Post
Where is Maia from then btw? Ahh I see which one she is now, I still think she has a slight look of Katie!
Glasgow, it seems, at least as far as I'm concerned, the locals might make a distinction.
Old May 1st, 2010, 02:40 PM   #7
country flag Embittered

Maia name-checked in Judy Murray's latest blog. Thankfully, Maia was not one of the players affected by the blunder referred to in the last two paragraphs.

Here's a picture of Maia with the less successful of Mrs. Murray's sons.

p.s. and in JM's final blog from Rome we hear Maia's own voice: http://www.lta.org.uk/Parents/Judys-...me---Thursday/

Last edited by Embittered : May 7th, 2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #8

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Last week Maia won her first Tennis Europe U14 tournament in Edinburgh. It was a grade 3 and she beat fellow 12 year old, Jazzi Plews, in three sets in the final. This week she is playing another tennis europe u14 grade 3 and is through to the quarterfinal for an interesting match against Kyra Akinnibi.

Old Jul 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #9
country flag Embittered

Maia lost in straight sets to Akinnibi.

By way of compensation, the LTA have a Getting to know... piece on her.
Old Jul 15th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #10
country flag serenus_2k8

I swear she could be Katies child

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

Old Dec 19th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #11

Maia has really started making an impact on the Tennis Europe tour this year and has won two tournaments. Once the 1996 players are removed from the Tennis Europe 14s rankings, she'll be well inside the top 50.

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #12

Maia made the 3rd roung of Teen Tennis in Bolton, losing to Anastasija Komardina, a talented '97, 62 64. Next week she'll be in Les Petits As with some really talented players competing.

Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:54 PM   #13

Maia is playing Les Petits As starting tomorrow but has been handed one of the toughest opponents in the first round, Ana Konjuh. It will be very interesting to see how Maia fares against one of the best '97 girls in the world.

Old Feb 14th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #14
country flag Embittered

Going by the score, Maia was dismantled by Konjuh.

Both are now playing for their respective countries in the Tennis Europe Winter Cup U14; the finals are this weekend. The nominations give their dates of birth, for those of us (like me) who didn't already know them. Although they were born in different years, Maia is just two weeks younger than Konjuh. She seems to have stalled, maybe since the injury. Guess I shouldn't worry too much--the race is not to the swift and all that.

The other GB team members are '97s, Lana Rush and Freya Christie. Maia only played dead and semi-dead rubbers. GB were in Zone D.

p.s. I see I should have known Maia's DoB: *hingis_forever* gave it in the first post.

p.p.s And when I say "are", it's very much "was" in the case of Konjuh. She was let down by her team mate and got eliminated in the first qualifying round.

Last edited by Embittered : Feb 15th, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 11:39 PM   #15

Maia is making her ITF debut in Edinburgh next week but has drawn top seed Sophie Watts. Tough draw, but hopefully Maia goes out there and gives it her all.