Indian Wells surface? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #1
Seles2002

Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light Seles2002 is a glorious beacon of light
Indian Wells surface?

Hey guys

Just wondering if someone could be a bit of a detaield insight to the surface and conditions in Indian Wells. I hear it is very high altitude and the players who are successful on faster surfaces do well? I.e. Davenport, Hantuchova. Can anyone possibly giev me a little more information as it would be much appreciated?
Seles2002 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2010, 04:52 AM   #2
country flag MaxQue

MaxQue is a splendid one to behold MaxQue is a splendid one to behold MaxQue is a splendid one to behold MaxQue is a splendid one to behold MaxQue is a splendid one to behold MaxQue is a splendid one to behold MaxQue is a splendid one to behold MaxQue is a splendid one to behold MaxQue is a splendid one to behold MaxQue is a splendid one to behold MaxQue is a splendid one to behold
Re: Indian Wells surface?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seles2002 View Post
Hey guys

Just wondering if someone could be a bit of a detaield insight to the surface and conditions in Indian Wells. I hear it is very high altitude and the players who are successful on faster surfaces do well? I.e. Davenport, Hantuchova. Can anyone possibly giev me a little more information as it would be much appreciated?
I think it is in a valley, so the altitude is low. The surface is hard and, so, is supposed to be fast.
MaxQue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #3
country flag Joey Zaza

Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light Joey Zaza is a glorious beacon of light

From www.tennisform.com INDIAN WELLS is played on a very slow, Plexipave hard court. The surface has a gritty texture which tends to chew the ball up quickly, making outright winners off the ground difficult to come by. Nadal has won the title here in two of the last three seasons, illustrating that the high bouncing courts are obviously to his liking. "The ball and the court is a little bit different here," Nadal said. "The ball gets a lot of topspin so that helps me a little bit here. I would say the conditions are better for me here." Other solid, difficult-to-penetrate baseline players such as Agassi and Hewitt have excellent records here, while big-serving Andy Roddick doesn't perform as well here as he does at many other U.S tournaments. "The court is almost comparable to a piece of sandpaper, so the balls check up," Roddick said. The venue is exposed to the wind and temperatures can sore. Indian Wells ranked way down in 40th place for service points won in 2009 [62.8%]. "Indian Wells is the slowest court I've ever seen," Eurosport commentator Leif Shiras said in 2009. "It's slower than the French Open." The will use Penn ATP balls.
Joey Zaza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #4
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to mention is that it can get VERY gusty. The wind was a major factor during last year's final. It was borderline ridiculous at times.