Alisa's Wonderland wonderful off-topic thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #31
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alisa's Wonderland wonderful off-topic thread

I take classes,I think on my own would be a lot harder.

Old Mar 13th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #32
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

I used to learn Russian and I was quite good at it, but unfortunately I quit it cos I started to study French...
It's cool that you study history, it is so interesting science!

Now what you guys listen? I'm into DJ-ing... My favorite is DJ Tiesto! He is totally awesome! But I also like to listen Guetta and Sinclar!
And I'm also listening something between indie, rock, alternative rock...
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #33
country flag Jodie

Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute

Im studying as well, Cultural Heritage
In my third year now..

Friendship is when people know all about you
but like you anyway
Jodie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #34
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nena_xxx View Post
I used to learn Russian and I was quite good at it, but unfortunately I quit it cos I started to study French...
It's cool that you study history, it is so interesting science!

Now what you guys listen? I'm into DJ-ing... My favorite is DJ Tiesto! He is totally awesome! But I also like to listen Guetta and Sinclar!
And I'm also listening something between indie, rock, alternative rock...
I'm the same I love bands like The Prodigy, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Stereophonics etc but I'm happy listening to most things

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #35
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Cool!

What do you think about Muse and Snow Patrol?
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:59 AM   #36
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
I'm studying history
I'm studying history too! Do you specialize in a particular area?

Hello everyone!
I'm Jean Marie from the US (born and raised in Michigan, currently in Oklahoma for school). I've been following tennis since the 2003 US Open (when I became a Davenport fan) and I've always loved watching the sport and looking for new players to keep an eye on. I saw Alisa play Ivanovic at the Aussie Open in 2009 and just fell in love with her. I love her game and her style and her personality. There is something so endearing about her that I love.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #37
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nena_xxx View Post
Cool!

What do you think about Muse and Snow Patrol?
I like both of those bands! Run by Snow Patrol is one of the most listened to songs on my MP3 player Muse are actually from the same county as me and were formed in a town about 30km from where I live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I'm studying history too! Do you specialize in a particular area?

Hello everyone!
I'm Jean Marie from the US (born and raised in Michigan, currently in Oklahoma for school). I've been following tennis since the 2003 US Open (when I became a Davenport fan) and I've always loved watching the sport and looking for new players to keep an eye on. I saw Alisa play Ivanovic at the Aussie Open in 2009 and just fell in love with her. I love her game and her style and her personality. There is something so endearing about her that I love.
Hi Jean Marie

Most of my modules are quite contemporary courses. This term, I'm doing Divided Germany, Forging Modern Europe and Politics and the Economy in the Middle East and last term, I did the History of Islam, Sub-Saharan Africa since 1860 and Food & Health in the USA in the 20th century so there's a nice range

What topics are you studying?

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #38
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

I also booked my flights for Barcelona yesterday so I'm definitely going to the Barcelona Ladies Open

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #39
country flag Nena_xxx

Quote:
I also booked my flights for Barcelona yesterday so I'm definitely going to the Barcelona Ladies Open

Yey! I'm happy for you!!!
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #40
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like both of those bands! Run by Snow Patrol is one of the most listened to songs on my MP3 player Muse are actually from the same county as me and were formed in a town about 30km from where I live!

Hi Jean Marie

Most of my modules are quite contemporary courses. This term, I'm doing Divided Germany, Forging Modern Europe and Politics and the Economy in the Middle East and last term, I did the History of Islam, Sub-Saharan Africa since 1860 and Food & Health in the USA in the 20th century so there's a nice range

What topics are you studying?

That is a pretty nice range! The Divided Germany course sounds particularly interesting. I mainly stick with the middle ages through the second world war (which is a really big range). My favorite thing to study are the Medieval and Renaissance Eras. I love learning about the old European monarchies especially.

Ooh you're so lucky to get to go to Barcelona! I hope you have lots of fun!
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #41
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome here,Jean Marie

History was one of my favourite subjects back in school,but in the end I studied something more related with languages.

Have fun in Barcelona,Steven How many days will you be there?
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #42
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

I was thinking about studying French at university but I opted for History instead because it was my stronger subject and I always struggled in French writing exams (I remember coming out of my exams last year thinking I did really well in my written exam, only to end up with a C )

I'm going to Barcelona for five nights - 10 April to 15 April I'm going to the tennis on Monday and Tuesday so I'll be there for all of the first round and I'm happy to take photo requests

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #43
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bероника View Post
Oh I also buy travel guides even when I'm not going to the place

I'm a translator and french teacher.Also I'm studying russian language since some years now,but it's difficult and requires a lot of studying.
A bit of a random question but how would you say brainless ballbasher and pusher in French? I've always wanted to know

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #44
country flag Bероника

lol no idea about pusher,as for brainless ballbasher it would be something like cogneuse écervelée/sans cerveau/sans intelligence.

How would you define "pusher"? someone who doesn't hit hard,or is there something else to its meaning? Also are these expressions usually used in english or are they from this board?
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #45
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

Thanks My translation for brainless ball-basher would have been 'quelqu'un qui frappe sans intelligence

Yeah, I mean pusher as in the over-used word on GM Would it just be pousseur/poussette?

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote: