Dokic not competing in Aust Open - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 03:42 PM   #1
williamsfan

williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light williamsfan is a glorious beacon of light
Post Dokic not competing in Aust Open

Becuase of despute in Austanian officials.<br /><a href="http://www.msnbc.com/news/TENNIS_Front.asp" target="_blank">http://www.msnbc.com/news/TENNIS_Front.asp</a>
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 06:54 PM   #2
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
That's terrible news! What, 2 months off isn't enough rest time for Jelena? It must be something else. I think the Australian Open is the grand slam that she is most likely to win. So why skip it? Even if she just got to the quarters, she would get a boost in her ranking. Because last year she lost in the first round. So getting to the quarters would have helped her ranking. It's a shame, mate! An absolute shame.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2001, 09:07 PM   #3
country flag Zl@tko

Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute Zl@tko has a reputation beyond repute
if she feels that she needs longer rest i think it's ok. there will be another tournaments and i'm sure next year will be big for her. maybe she wants to stay longer in Belgrade, it's her birthplace and home.

Zl@tko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2001, 06:40 PM   #4
country flag Sergio

Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice
You are right Cat, it must be something else, the BBC News during sunday said some big shot of the AUS open was disapointed with Jelena because she snubed the AUS Open.

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Sergio Das Mortes ]</p>
Sergio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2001, 02:36 PM   #5
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe she is doing this! Jelena is so stubborn! The tennis world needs her talent and stunning good looks. I think Jelena has an outside chance to win the 2002 Australian Open. The Williams sisters never prepare well or play well in Australia. And who knows about Hingis(ankle) and Davenport(knee). Thus, Jelena has a good chance<br />of doing well in Melbourne. It's too bad she won't go. Her stubborness can help her on the tennis court. Because Jelena won't ever give up. But off the court, her stubborness can lead her into making the wrong decision. Like this one.

P.S. - I only wish my two favorite players, Anna Kournikova and Elena Dementieva had Jelena's killer instinct and cunning court qualities. Then Anna and Elena would be top ten, and maybe even top five players. Jelena has talent, but she most importantly has the heart and head to be a champion. Though It's a shame she's so stubborn.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2001, 08:37 PM   #6
country flag Sergio

Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice Sergio is just really nice
Right again Cat, she is really stubborn. But I don´t think it´s bad, one of the things I like in her is that strong mind. Just looking in her eyes we can see that nobody tells that girl what to do(except for her daddy and mummy).
Sergio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2001, 12:10 PM   #7
Darko

Darko is an unknown quantity at this point
Though I second the opinions here, ultimately she is the only one to know the reason for not playing. I guess it may be a revenge to Australians (Australian Tennis assoc) but agree that it wont do any good to her ranking and future prospective though looking forward seeing her in Belgrade in December.
Darko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote