Fed Cup is coming to my town! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 14th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #31
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup is coming to my town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita771 View Post
I bought my tickets yesterday, but there is still no word on who will actually be there. The tickets don't seem to be moving very fast, but hopefully they'll start moving once the players have been announced.
My amazing mother got two tickets for herself and me Highly doubtful that the WS will be there, but they say they like going to different places and I doubt they've ever played in Birmingham. It may be the only chance a lot of people ever get to see them (like me!)
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 14th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #32
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can accept 2003 and 2005 (and maybe 2004), but wouldn't the 1999, 2003, 2004 (?), and 2007 be around the time for the 2000, 2004, and 2008 Olympics. I guess I think about Andy Roddick (yes a comparison) and how much I really liked his Fed Cup commitment. He was one of the reasons why I went to the tourney last year. To be honest, I was stating an opinion (which I should have made certain to point out) that it seemed like the only time I really heard about them playing was around the Olympics. In the end, I love both of them and still hope to see at least one in Birmingham.
1999 she played 2 ties, she could have stopped at 1 if she only wanted to get her Olympic requirement. 2003 she played Fed Cup before getting injured and then unable to play SFs and Final. 2007, she played the first round and SF, same thing as 1999, if she wanted to only care about Olympics she didn't have to have played SF.

"wouldn't the 1999, 2003, 2004 (?), and 2007 be around the time for the 2000, 2004, and 2008 Olympics."
. 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007. Of course, it is all around the time of the Olympics. Venus was very committed to the team in 2003-2007, probably 2006 as well if she hadn't been injured for most of it. USA didn't really need her from 2000 and 2002 since we had Seles, Capriati, and Davenport. (2001, USA didn't play because of 9/11.) Venus is being smart now by not playing it especially since the times for Fed Cup are horrible now But I'd love for Venus to play and win another Fed Cup for Team USA

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #33
country flag Swedish_saint

Swedish_saint is just really nice Swedish_saint is just really nice Swedish_saint is just really nice Swedish_saint is just really nice Swedish_saint is just really nice Swedish_saint is just really nice Swedish_saint is just really nice Swedish_saint is just really nice Swedish_saint is just really nice Swedish_saint is just really nice Swedish_saint is just really nice

I just read that Sweden will play thier qualification game against China in Helsingborg.
So will get tickets for that (the arean is around 15 minutes walking from where I live)
It will be played in April I think.... Looking forward to see Johanna and Sofia live again.
Swedish_saint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #34
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Serena is most likely a NO now

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:41 PM   #35
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
I just don't get the Williams Sisters when it comes to Fed Cup. They've ALWAYS been using the same excuse that it doesn't fit into their schedules. It's obvious that they don't want to play. Why don't they just say that they want to focus on their singles careers then? In my opinion, Venus had no excuse to skip last year's R1 vs. Argentina, while at least Serena had Paris Indoors. For the semis, Serena had an excuse (injury), but Venus didn't want to switch surfaces, which I guess was a decent excuse, but it's not like she was playing Stuttgart/Fes so I really don't understand why she couldn't take a week off from the clay...Most players base their schedules around Fed Cup/Davis Cup, but the Williams sisters clearly don't care . Baghdatis for example skipped Indian Wells last year so he could play Davis Cup, which was on hard in his case, so that is one of the many examples out there.
Quote:
Unfortunately, Venus and/or Serena are only committed to the Fed Cup when it is time to qualify for the Olympics. I would LOVE to see one (Venus) or both of them come to B'ham, but I'm not holding my breath.
I agree on both comments. Serena especially is only committing to the Fed Cup to get her place in the Olympics team, other then that she doesn't care if US wins or not. As for Venus, she has represented US before in Fed Cup's but not anymore. More interested in money these days then before.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #36
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Bummer
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 05:23 AM   #37
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Maria too, even though I doubt she would have played if she was healthy So Serena and Maria will be injured; I doubt Venus will play. That's the three big players from USA and Russia. Looks like I'll be watching Oudin vs. Vesnina or something
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 06:02 AM   #38
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

^Vesnina may not be fully fit as she skipped IW due to an injury
Maybe Oudin vs. Dushevina

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #39
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Q. Where do you stand in terms of Fed Cup? Have you pretty much closed the door on that? Left it open?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Why would I close the door?

Q. I don't know. You haven't played in a while.
VENUS WILLIAMS: Because the ties have really been so hard. I mean, after the Australian, after Doha last year, I was done. I couldn't play anymore.
So sometimes it's hard, you know, to play like a week in Europe and then a free week and be in Europe six or seven more weeks.

At this stage in my career, I'm not at that stage where I'm gonna do that much. But a tie being in the U.S. like that, that is just a perfect opportunity for me to play. I would say the chances are positive.

Q. So are we going to see you in Birmingham?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I would love to go to Birmingham. I have to tell you that. If I officially go, you'll hear about it.

Q. Have you told Mary Joe you'd like to be a part?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah, we've talked about it, actually. We talked about the team and everything.

Q. And she was receptive?
VENUS WILLIAMS: I mean, I really I haven't played under her yet, but I really do like Mary Joe. I'm looking forward to playing under her.
I mean, we always I mean, last year we talked even before that tie. I couldn't play because, you know, I couldn't go to Europe for that many weeks.
We always talk about it.

Q. But if she came to you and said, I want you to play in Birmingham, you're available?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah, we already talked about it. Even before she became captain I told her I'm at a stage in my career where I'm just doing the best thing for my career.
So whatever the schedule is best for me and best for my tennis and well being and all of that, I do that.
Fed Cup definitely has to fit into, you know, what's best.

She backs up my whole defense. The new schedule sucks

Old Apr 1st, 2010, 10:24 PM   #40
country flag mckyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
^Vesnina may not be fully fit as she skipped IW due to an injury
Maybe Oudin vs. Dushevina
Oh no
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 01:12 AM   #41
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea who is playing. Hoping for Vera and Sveta or Lena.
Could be Anastasia and Vesnina.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #42
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

that's too bad. No Serena, Venus or Maria
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote