Fed Cup is coming to my town! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #1
nikita771

nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of
Fed Cup is coming to my town!

I was so excited to find out that the semifinal match between the USA and Russia will be played in Birmingham, AL. We had the 1st round Davis Cup between USA and Switzerland (no Roger) last year and now we get the Fed Cup. I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed that I'll see Venus, Serena, and/or Maria...but if not, I'll survive. I'm just excited to see some live tennis!
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #2
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup is coming to my town!

Good for you
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 12:52 AM   #3
country flag pwayne

pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita771 View Post
I was so excited to find out that the semifinal match between the USA and Russia will be played in Birmingham, AL. We had the 1st round Davis Cup between USA and Switzerland (no Roger) last year and now we get the Fed Cup. I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed that I'll see Venus, Serena, and/or Maria...but if not, I'll survive. I'm just excited to see some live tennis!
Tickets go on sale to the public during the week of March 8th.
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #4
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be watching. I expect Oudin and Mattek against Vera and Sveta
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #5
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT? Birmingham?!? I have to go to this!
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:03 AM   #6
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking cross country road trip?
haha
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:10 AM   #7
country flag Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute

Sveta probably won't play as she's defending Stuttgart the same week. Also, she saved Tarpi's ass in R1 so i think she's done enough.
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #8
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

But Sveta wants to play. She tweeted that she loves Fed Cup.
And she missed this one in 2007, Russia winning in US
That was Nadia and ACHAK

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #9
nikita771

nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of nikita771 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
But Sveta wants to play. She tweeted that she loves Fed Cup.
And she missed this one in 2007, Russia winning in US
That was Nadia and ACHAK
I'd LOVE to see her!!!
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:23 AM   #10
nikita771

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwayne View Post
Tickets go on sale to the public during the week of March 8th.
Thanks, I can't wait to purchase my tickets.
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:23 AM   #11
country flag Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute

Another reason i think she won't play is because the tie is right smack in the middle of the clay season, probably her strongest phase. The Americans won't put the tie on clay because Russia have many great clay-courters. They'll probably put it on fast HC which makes it a tough transition for Sveta.
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:25 AM   #12
country flag Szavay #1

Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute Szavay #1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita771 View Post

Beijing, 2007, def. Jelena Jankovic 6-7(7) 7-5 6-2; Budapest, 2009, def. Patty Schnyder 2-6 6-4 6-2; Budapest, 2010, def. Patty Schnyder 6-2 6-4; Prague 2010, def. Zahlavova Strycova 6-2 1-6 6-2
Has wins over Schiavone, Radwanska, Hantuchova, Stosur, Petrova, Peng, Dementieva, Safina, Bartoli, Lisicki, Ivanovic, Pennetta, Azarenka, V. Williams.
Szavay #1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 01:25 AM   #13
country flag goldenlox

There were a lot of reasons for Sveta not to go to Serbia. Especially when she felt disrespected by Tarpischev.
But her coach, Larisa, is Tarpischev's asst, and she's going to be Alabama bound, not waiting around in Stuttgart.
Anyway, Stuttgart is small potatoes.

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 04:06 AM   #14
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I expect:
USA:
-Serena ()
-Oudin
-Glatch or Mattek-Sands depending on the form of Glatch
-Huber
RUS:
-Kuznetsova
-Dementieva or Petrova
-Pavlyuchenkova
-Kleybanova

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #15
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Beth over Glatch.
Venus won't play. 90% sure, you never know though
I would like to think we can win without a Williams Sister, but we probably can't so please play Serena

The Davis Cup match was indoors, so that might strengthen our chances especially if Sveta plays. I doubt it will be indoors though for Fed Cup. I don't expect Dementieva or Sharapova. So really Sveta and Alisa are the hurdles we will probably have to face

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote