Marion in Dubai! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #31
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marion in Dubai!

Maybe I'm alone here but I'm starting to wonder whether I want to be a fan anymore.

She had 7-5 3-3 against Jie and lost 9 games in a row and today 10 games in a row. This attitude is disgraceful and is a big slap in the face to us, her fans, who sit following her matches on wtascores and stay up late when we can to watch her on live stream. I fee l sad to write this as she is undoubtedly my favourite player to watch, but this has happened too many times now, and she wasn't like this before 2009.

If she's tanking because she's too tired then she either needs to get rid of Walter and find a real coach or just retire from tennis, because a tennis player has to be able to play 3 set matches

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #32
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

I know its only one loss but Im very worried this is going to turn into a pattern. Twice now shes trained for 2 WEEKS at a particular venue, and twice shes lost in the third round to beatable opponents, losing 6-0 in the last set. This sort of plan, I dont think its going to work. At this stage last year she was 10-3, 15-3 after Monterrey. This year she'll be 4-2 going into IWs.

She has to swallow her pride and admit shes wrong if she wants to do well this year, unless she packs her year end schedule up. With the clay season coming up, Im very worried and I think if she doesnt make any significant point gains at IWs or Miami she'll be in massive trouble rankings wise.

She should really play Monterrey to get confidence back but she wont. Especially with these draws. Zheng made the semis of the Aussie Open, Li will more than likely beat Peer next to make the semis. If shes not taking advantage of these easy draws, what can we expect when she draws something lik a Lisicki or Peer 1st round in one of the big ones?
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #33
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

New plan for Mar. Dont play any clay tournaments whatsoever, then play every single week from Post- Wimby to Bali. SHould do it. Though at this stage shes not gonna be able to defend those Bali points.
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 03:34 PM   #34
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all know my feelings on matches like this, I've been talking about this problem since Wimbledon last year. This new 2010 plan, Im not sure if I think it's a very good idea at all. I understand that it was supposed to help with her consistancy, to have a lot of time to acclimatise and maybe focus on the bigger tournaments, but from what I can tell, this plan has been a complete failure. I don't say that because I want her to fail, I say it because I desperately want her to succeed and I don't think that this is the way to do it.

I can't keep careing so much and being slapped in the face with this attitude so often.
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM   #35
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Because I didn't see either match,it's only fair that I reserve judgment somewhat,but this is becoming a disturbing pattern:Losing 6-0 third sets to opponents who don't exactly overwhelm you with their power

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #36
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about it properly, it probably is her fitness that's letting her down. She's really let herself go since Stanford.

I'm not sure if it's still on youtube but I remember watching the last game of the Bejjing semi vs A-Rad. She look absolutely exhausted, netting weak serves.

And I've seen some pictures of her in Dubai and, to be honest, she looks really out of shape. She's had a very good career, but she could be doing some much better right now if she had the fitness of, say, Zvonareva. It's the same for Alisa K. Tennis players should not be so badly out of shape.

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #37
country flag Marionated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Because I didn't see either match,it's only fair that I reserve judgment somewhat,but this is becoming a disturbing pattern:Losing 6-0 third sets to opponents who don't exactly overwhelm you with their power
Exactly. She is a better player than Na and Jie but they have much superior fitness.

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #38
country flag Marionated

Sorry for so many posts but I have another example to back up my point. Paris indoors 08 semi- she was beating Chakvetadze easily but her terrible shape back then caused a back injury and she lost 11 games in a row, and she probably would have won that semi and the title if she had been in better shape.

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #39
country flag Leucoptera

Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice

May be she is lacking now the kind of shape that a player only can build with matches?

She should probably play more than what she is doing in the moment. No tourmnament before Indian Wells?
Leucoptera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #40
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Some people forgot what she made vs Zvo in Beijing and Nastya in Tokyo. So, Marion still knows how to win in 3 sets.

Lke everybody here i'm disappointed. And i gave a look at the stats :

USO : she leads 7-5 and lost easily
AO : she leads 7-5 3-2 and loses 10 games in a row
Dubaď : she leads 6-3 5-2 and loses 15 games in a row

Imo, there is an improvemnt vs top players. It seems that she's close the truth.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #41
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Ronoc. She clearly is out of shape.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #42
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

I feel bad for not elaborating more... Anyway I feel like you all guys, except Lighter maybe. Im losing faith as well. I can't understand this lack of fighting spirit. She has always been prone to tanking, we know it, but now it has reached a pretty alarming peak. It could be due to her limited schedule. Since she hasn't played many matches, she could be lacking references when she's close to closing out. But as you guys said, it is surely due to her bad condition.
Maybe it is time to changer something and it may not be her schedule...

I can't picture myself not supporting her because I love the way she plays and it feels inspiring to me. But now I cannot stand anymore this attitude of a loser and I think we all shouldn't. Sad we can't do anything to change this.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #43
country flag Marionated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
Some people forgot what she made vs Zvo in Beijing and Nastya in Tokyo. So, Marion still knows how to win in 3 sets.

Lke everybody here i'm disappointed. And i gave a look at the stats :

USO : she leads 7-5 and lost easily
AO : she leads 7-5 3-2 and loses 10 games in a row
Dubaď : she leads 6-3 5-2 and loses 15 games in a row

Imo, there is an improvemnt vs top players. It seems that she's close the truth.
Yes, they were great wins, but then she was too tired against Jankovic and Radwanska- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNBzRrGDyGY

Last edited by Marionated : Feb 18th, 2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #44
country flag Ferg

Oh god, 6 matches in 2 months...
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #45
country flag Marionated

I haven't seen her name on the Monterrey list so I guess her next tourney is IW. Ridiculous schedule, but she does have lots of points to gain in America.