Anett Kontaveit - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #1261
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
i wrote an article on anett recently. there's nothing in it that fans don't already know, but i thought i'd post a link here and people who want to can have a look at it. also, the website is pretty cool if you're into challengers and lesser-known players.

http://www.tennisalternative.com/ane...a--rn1679.html
That's a very nice article, thanks for sharing! Also I did not know anything about that kind of website, good to find out!
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #1262
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

and yes, as someone has already pointed out, the "Emilie" Bouchard is a typo. i'd even called her Eugenie earlier in the article

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #1263
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Kontaveit def. Shamayko 6-3 7-5

apparently, shamayko was up *5-1 in 2nd. shouldnt have let her get to that position, but given that was where she found herself, great stuff from anett to battle back. this tournament is there for the taking...

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #1264
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Being down 15* is disappointing indeed, but win is a win. Hopefully she doesn't stop here.
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #1265
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Her coach told that Anett played a good match overall. Only lost focus at the beginning of the 2nd set, wanted to get fast points. But when Anett forced her opponent to move and she waited a right time to attack, she controlled everything.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #1266
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Anett lost to Nadiya Kichenok 6-7(3) 7-5 6-3

Looks like it was a tough battle, shame Anett was on the losing end.

25ks are not really going for her, though this time at least she didn't lose in the 1st round.

From her FB page:
Quote:
Unfortunately i went down today 76 57 36. I think i played well today but i didnt have good energy on the court. I guess im quite tired from long tour and im happy to go home and get some much needed rest now.

Last edited by WhoAmI? : Sep 20th, 2012 at 03:21 PM.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #1267
country flag muusa

Disappointing. Can't even take advantage of a weak 25k
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #1268
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Really expected Anett to win this match/tournament.

Anett told that she actually played quite good but she felt too tired.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 03:54 PM   #1269
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of a disappointing loss, but if she thinks she played well then that's all that matters
Her opponent is in the final and has had great success as a doubles player so it is not so bad
Anyway, she is slowly making her way up the rankings and I hope she can finally get that 25K SF
I suspect that after teh loss of the tight second that she lost a bit of confidence

A really nice article BTW

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM   #1270
country flag muusa

http://sport.err.ee/tennis/2fd73e67-...d-880b1d128775
Another video by ERR, Anett showing off her loot from America
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM   #1271
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, Anett will go up to a career high and has now almost broken the Top 400
It does sadden me though that the winner is someone who IMO if it was a Junior GS Anett would beat in straight sets

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:45 PM   #1272
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Anett's schedule for the rest of the year according to his coach

WTA Kremlin Cup in Moscow They surely must have given her a Q WC? The cut-off can't be that low, can it?
25k Minsk
25k Helsinki
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:50 PM   #1273
country flag Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Anett's schedule for the rest of the year according to his coach

WTA Kremlin Cup in Moscow They surely must have given her a Q WC? The cut-off can't be that low, can it?
25k Minsk
25k Helsinki
ah damn, i was hoping anett would play glasgow again

MY TWITTER
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:49 PM   #1274
country flag muusa

Wow, Moscow really? Tamla says "maybe", so it is not 100% sure yet. The cutoff cannot be that low indeed.
Minsk and Helsinki I guessed myself as well, but then it means she won't use all the available tournaments - altogether she could still play 5 I think.
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 08:12 PM   #1275
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Cut-off does not matter. Anett is not top 375, so she is not allowed to enter premier tournaments. Can only have a wild-card.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote