Anett Kontaveit - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #1171
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Anett is listed for 25k in Clermond-Ferrand on the week of 24th, but she is only 86th alternate and the list has many 1st and 2nd priorities so it is not very likely that she can participate.
She will definately make Qualies, she might or might not make MD

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #1172
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
She will definately make Qualies, she might or might not make MD
what other choice do we have

btw, it is a pretty decent field for a 25K, if Anett could make it, definitely would be helpful to experience pro circuit
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #1173
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

already wasted 3 mps c'mon Anett
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #1174
country flag TimeyWimey

another mp gone
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #1175
country flag TimeyWimey

finally closed out, 4 & 4! well done girl
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #1176
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

The profile pictures of Anett and Taylor Townsend look like they were standing next to each other when those were taken

Well done, Anett!
And TT couldn't break her serve not once
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #1177
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

and she wins...eventually

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #1178
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Needed 6 MPs But at least got the job done
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #1179
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Well done! Now please please do not lose in the semis again

In FB Anett says it was very hot today and she used 5 matchballs to make the spectators (her fans) sweat together with her

Last edited by muusa : Sep 7th, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #1180
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Well done! Now please please do not lose in the semis again

In FB Anett says it was very hot today and she used 5 matchballs to make the spectators (her fans) sweat together with her

Now that's a positive way of looking at choking
Whenever Anett chokes, it never seems to cost her the match

Here is the full comment
Võitsin täna 64 64. Palav ilm oli täna ja mäng oli väga tasavägine. Õnneks servisin täna hästi ja suutsin oma servi hoida kuni mängu lõpuni. Mul on siia päris palju poolehoidjaid Eestist tulnud ja sellepärast võitsin viimase geimi viiendalt matšpallilt, et nemad ka minuga koos natuke higistaks)))

Sadly no English for BlueTrees, Dan_Doe and TimeyWimey

Anyway, I find it really unfair that if Anett reaches the Final here she won't be Top 10 at the end of the year
Surely 2 SFs and a RU should put you in th Top 10
Also, Wimmer Gets 500, Runner Up gets 180
And finally, any round except winning in an easy GA in Mexico or Brazil is the same amount of points as GS
Some photos for the match

Also, Anett now has over 1000 likes

Quote:

Last edited by chingching : Sep 7th, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #1181
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Guess who is in the front page again http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...-frontier.aspx

Anna Kontaveit and Antonio Lottner
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #1182
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Guess who is in the front page again http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...-frontier.aspx

I know
Anett was not mentioned in the US Open Junuior Wrap-Up though
If she wins she will be
Anett is for once the favourite

Quote:
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #1183
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #1184
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

zootennis

Quote:
Australian Open champion Taylor Townsend was the first to go, losing to No. 12 seed Anett Kontaveit of Estonia 6-4, 6-4, whom Townsend had beaten twice in ITF junior events in Australia this year.

"I think I was more consistent and yeah, she played really well in Australia," Kontaveit said when asked the difference between those two losses and her win today. "She won the grand slam and was playing really well."

As most of the spectators sought the shade provided by the TV booth, Kontaveit broke Townsend at 4-4 in the opening set. She went out to a 40-15 lead serving for the set in the next game, then promptly double faulted twice. But she didn't let that bother her, converting on her third set point to take the first set she had ever won from Townsend.

The second set was equally close, but Townsend was not moving forward as often as she does when she is playing her very best, and Kontaveit was able to put pressure on Townsend from the baseline. Townsend failed to convert a break point with Kontaveit serving at 2-3 and was broken in the next game. After both held serve, Kontaveit stepped to the line to serve it out, but the outcome was very much in doubt as the match's longest game played out.

Kontaveit missed 12 of 17 first serves in the five-deuce game, but her second serve was regularly deep and well placed, so she faced only one break point. She saved that with a rare forehand volley winner, then hit two consecutive first serves to finally close it out on her fifth match point.

"The whole match was really tough," said the 16-year-old Kontaveit, who reached the semifinals at both the Wimbledon and the French Open junior championships this year. "I was playing well and serving well and I felt confident."
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #1185
country flag TimeyWimey

semis getting underway, c'mon Anett!