Anett Kontaveit - Page 76 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #1126
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Anett is listed for Yoshkar-Ola (1st priority), Saint Malo and Shymkent (gosh, these names ) for the week of 17th. I think it's a great first choice as she might even get to the MD - there are so few first preferences on the list at the moment. Btw, Yoshkar-Ola is the capital of Mari El Republic and their original language is Mari - also a Finno-Ugric language.

I saw Anett's photo on the main page of the ITF website, the featured article is here: http://itftennis.com/procircuit/news...e-winners.aspx
Oh, chingching was already faster and mentioned this

I am happy she is trying weaker 25Ks (one this year in Moscow had Kudermetova make the final )
I hope she can do well

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 08:46 AM   #1127
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

When will the USO draw be out? Aren't they already playing some of the first round matches tomorrow?
I don't want Anett to lose to the eventual slam winner 4th time in a row this year
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 09:41 AM   #1128
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When will the USO draw be out?
tonight after 5pm (local time)
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 12:09 PM   #1129
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When will the USO draw be out? Aren't they already playing some of the first round matches tomorrow?
I don't want Anett to lose to the eventual slam winner 4th time in a row this year
IK
I thought the draws will be released on the 3rd
Anywya, I hope Anett plays with Fanning, because Indy is in such a slump that I think it would be a worse choice

Some updates on Anett's September 17th Tournaments:
Yoshkar-Ola 25K:
25th Qualifier (7th Seed MD on P1s only )

Saint Malo 25K:
67th Alternate (1st Seed Q on P1s only)

Shymkent 25K:
17th Alternate (23rd MD on P1s only)

Julia Cohen has entered in a 15K in Batumi
When was the last time a WTA Finalist (I know it was in Baku ) went and played a 15K

Anyway, some reasons for Anett's Russian 25K being really weak IMO are it is ages away from everywhere (the airport only has dodgy Russian flights to Moscow ) and because in general the Russian ones are weaker
I hope she can win it, or if not make at least Semis

Last edited by chingching : Sep 1st, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 10:55 PM   #1130
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

(12)Anett Kontaveit (EST) v (Q)Madrie Le Roux (RSA)
Alexandra Kiick (USA) v Veronika Kudermetova (RUS)
Francoise Abanda (CAN) v (wc)Brooke Austin (USA)
(6)Katerina Siniakova (CZE) v Barbara Haas (AUT)

Also Townsend and Bouchard in her half again
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:18 AM   #1131
country flag chingching

That's a difficult one
She'll easily make 2nd round and I would be surprised if she didn't make 3rd round, but Abanda/Siniakova could be tough. I still think Anett would make the QFs Townsend will be very tough but her last matches were a 3 and 1 loss to Duval and a 4 and 3 loss to Abanda, so I think that if Anett will ever beat her, it will be now Anett against Eugenie pits Anett as the obvious underdog and I expect her to lose. Although, it is sometimes hard to transition from Pros back to Juniors so an upset is not off the cards. Also 3 SFs in a row would kill her IMO If she got to the Final, I think she would beat Putintseva due to her confidence levels being up

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 03:05 AM   #1132
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

chingching, where does your avatar come from, that's exactly the kind of shot i would love to take if i get the chance to see Anett
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 04:34 AM   #1133
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
chingching, where does your avatar come from, that's exactly the kind of shot i would love to take if i get the chance to see Anett
From WTA 96
It is actually a really big photo
It is in the Requests thread but here's the full size

Here is the website where there are other pictures
http://www.wta96.com/wiki/lvisfoto.p...595.jpg&nnr=28
She has such a cute smile

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM   #1134
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

^ thank you!
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 01:58 PM   #1135
country flag chingching

Quote:
^ thank you!
Will you be able to see any of Anett's matches??? If so can you film short videos of her playing Thanks
If Anett decides to play the Australian Open, I think I will go I went this year and got to see her play in Traralgon so it will be interesting to see how she has improved

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:13 PM   #1136
country flag TimeyWimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Will you be able to see any of Anett's matches??? If so can you film short videos of her playing Thanks
If Anett decides to play the Australian Open, I think I will go I went this year and got to see her play in Traralgon so it will be interesting to see how she has improved
i wish i could make to the orange bowl, but very likely it will clash with my final exam really don't know the exam schedule yet
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM   #1137
country flag TimeyWimey

but if, by any chance, she could make the q in any wta tour next year (i think she should at least try, cuz it will be her final year in juniors), still plenty of opportunities for me
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 02:28 PM   #1138
country flag chingching

Quote:
i wish i could make to the orange bowl, but very likely it will clash with my final exam really don't know the exam schedule yet
Ok
Anyway, I hope you get to see her
She's really nice

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM   #1139
country flag chingching

Anett/Emily have a goof first round in Akkerman/Rodriguez but then they have Andrews/Townsend
Anyway, I hope they can at least push these two

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:29 PM   #1140
country flag TimeyWimey

4-1 up now 4 all