Anett Kontaveit - Page 75 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #1111
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

There was no question who was the best team, Anett and Emily gave no chance to other teams. Hopefully they play doubles together at USO, too.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #1112
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised at how good Emily appeared to be as a doubles player, as Anett is not known as the doubles genius
Emily lost second round in Singles to an unranked player, yet she was obviously instrumental in their tournament win, as the team they beat in the final were quite highly ranked
I really think they have a shot at a quarters or a semi at the US Open because of Anett's higher ranking perhaps getting them a seed
I really hope she can beat Rodriguez, and I don't see how she won't
The bet365 odds for the final are 1.18-4.50, pretty good odds IMO

Anett actually has enough Doubles Points now to be Top 980 but because she has only played 2 tourneys she doesn't have a ranking. I hope that she can play a 3rd as if she could just get a ranking then she could start to play doubles at 25Ks

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Aug 26th, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #1113
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Livescore is stuck at Anett leading the final 40 in the first set
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #1114
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

6-1 6-1
I hope this trophy will give Anett some confidence for the next ITFs.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #1115
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Nice! Btw now her record in ITF finals is 5-0, 6-0 if we count doubles as well. Yes, they are all 10k-s, but still a very good achievement I think, it shows that she is mentally strong.
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #1116
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

A good week! We'll see how it compares to the juniors slam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
6-1 6-1
I hope this trophy will give Anett some confidence for the next ITFs.
I hope she won't be stuck at 10ks, and the next ITFs will be something higher.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #1117
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely done, hope this gives her confidence and she has a good USO.
Please start doing well in higher tournaments too.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #1118
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett
It's good that she finished it off
Hopefully she can take this into the US Open
The Facebook page of the tournament said she recorded a bagel, 6-1 6-0

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #1119
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
I won my final 61 61. I played really well today and was able to dictate points from the start of the match. This was a great warm-up tournament and gave me a lot of confidence to go to the US Open.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #1120
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

nicely done good luck in flushing meadows !
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 05:44 AM   #1121
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
It's nice that they made a photo of her
She looks so cute
I also like that dress that the Nike girls are wearing
I think that she can do very well at the US Open in Singles and Doubles and another SF is very much within her reach
I hope that the tournaments Facebook page will upload photos of her, rather than everybody else

Also, if you have an Instagram account, follow Anett as she uploads many pictures of herself and there are some of her with Rodriguez and the trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Nice! Btw now her record in ITF finals is 5-0, 6-0 if we count doubles as well. Yes, they are all 10k-s, but still a very good achievement I think, it shows that she is mentally strong.
If you include doubles she is actually 6-1 (Tallinn 10K last year she was runner up )
I agree that she is mentally strong but she does seem to choke a lot within her matches
I am sure she has enough mental ability to be Top 10

Last edited by chingching : Aug 27th, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #1122
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If you include doubles she is actually 6-1 (Tallinn 10K last year she was runner up )
Yes you are right of course, I did not remember that doubles final

I was thinking she could also try a 15k maybe? There is one in Georgia on the week of 17th of Sept. Anyway, on Thursday the lists should be out so we will see if she has entered any tournaments in that week.
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #1123
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Yes you are right of course, I did not remember that doubles final

I was thinking she could also try a 15k maybe? There is one in Georgia on the week of 17th of Sept. Anyway, on Thursday the lists should be out so we will see if she has entered any tournaments in that week.
That would be a great idea in terms of gaining points. She would IMO get a cheap 20 there, as I think she would win, and then she could perhaps play the 50 the week after

I know that she did badly in Beijing but I think if she got a good warm-up at the 15K she could make inroads at the 50, as I think she would make MD

She could easily collect 30 points from those 2 tourneys which would put her in the Top 375

It will be interesting to see

BTW, Anett's Facebook Likes have sky-rocketed in the last week, with over 100 people "Liking" her
I wonder what will happen if she wins US

On the tournament Facebook page there are now quite a few photos and a video of the presentation
Here's the video

And here are 2 videos of highlights from her matches, the 1st vs Ryann Foster and the 2nd vs Rodriguez

Here is the match report with scores
http://planoinformativo.com/planodep...p.php?id=45537

She seems to be hitting the ball well

EDIT: It turns out Batumi to Telavi is Hard to Clay, and given that Anett would be expected to make at least Semis, then she will have little or no time to adapt
Maybe she could do 50K Montenegro + 50K Telavi double as they are same surface. Or even 25K Dobrich with Telavi or with a 10K in Varna All I know is that she really should play a tournament in the 17th to 23 week as there are 14 tournaments, 2 75Ks, a 50K, 5 25Ks, a 15K and 5 10Ks I find ITF scheduling really weird where some weeks you only get 10Ks except for 1 25K and then some you get 2 100Ks in a row I just sense that if she plays that week she could get a lot of points

Also, unless someone below Anett gets points from above 25K level, she will be ranked 432 next week. I find it hard to believe that she won't break the Top 400 (she needs 30 points) and Top 350 is only 63 Points away, which in 4 tournaments is doable (an average of 15.75 points per tournament is above Anett's current average of 7.09, but Anett's average for this year is 8 per tournament). If she wanted to be Top 300 this year which is I guess possible but IMO highly unlikely, she will need to gain 102 points, which would be impossible without a 25K title. Although, I think Anett could win a weaker 25K this year. I really hope she goes to Nigeria and steals Donna's points

Last edited by chingching : Aug 28th, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #1124
country flag chingching

Quote:
Decided to skip training in IMG because of Storm Isaac and arrived in New York late last night. I love the Big Apple!
I didn't know she trained at IMG
Anyway, I hope that she gets a good few days of practice in New York. She is only one of a few who will actually get a lot of time in NYC before the Open Let's hope she doesn't do what happened last year

Also, here is an article about the 7 players who won Singles + Doubles last week on the Pro Circuit (2 Estonains )
Anett has the cover picture
Sorribes Tormo also win both in Italian 10K, so she is one for the future
Here is the link
http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...e-winners.aspx

Last edited by chingching : Aug 29th, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #1125
country flag muusa

Anett is listed for Yoshkar-Ola (1st priority), Saint Malo and Shymkent (gosh, these names ) for the week of 17th. I think it's a great first choice as she might even get to the MD - there are so few first preferences on the list at the moment. Btw, Yoshkar-Ola is the capital of Mari El Republic and their original language is Mari - also a Finno-Ugric language.

I saw Anett's photo on the main page of the ITF website, the featured article is here: http://itftennis.com/procircuit/news...e-winners.aspx
Oh, chingching was already faster and mentioned this