Anett Kontaveit - Page 68 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 18th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #1006
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Nike designed a special dress for the juniors Wimbledon, so Nike girls were mostly wearing it.

There´s still plenty non Nike girls, like Kiick, Siniakova, Bencic, Sharipova etc.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 19th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #1007
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett has had a Nike and Prince sponsorship for a long time
They must have seen the potential
Anyway, there will definately be livescores for Astana and maybe even a livestream as it is the same week as a 125K mens event, although if there is a stream it may be like Bath where it is just for the men
Such sexism in tennis

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #1008
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Anyway, there will definately be livescores for Astana and maybe even a livestream as it is the same week as a 125K mens event, although if there is a stream it may be like Bath where it is just for the men
That was the case last year. Only ATP matches had scores/streams. Except for the doubles final, where they did forget to turn cameras off And women´s final was on proper TV.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #1009
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
That was the case last year. Only ATP matches had scores/streams. Except for the doubles final, where they did forget to turn cameras off And women´s final was on proper TV.
Well wouldn't it be amazing if Anett made it that far
I think that individually Anett could beat all the players but I am not sure if she has the energy to beat them all in a tournament format
We have to remember she is only 16
Anyway, I hope they changed the livescoring issue at least, as it would be pretty disappointing for a 100K not to have livescoring and for a 10K Tallinn Qualifying to have point by point

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 09:25 AM   #1010
country flag chingching

Anett would be seeded for Baku qualies
IMO, if she had any of the qualifier places except Hlavackova, she could make the 2jnd round and probably the QF

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 09:50 AM   #1011
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
IMO, if she had any of the qualifier places except Hlavackova, she could make the 2jnd round and probably the QF
You seriously see her beating Minella or Panova? She just lost to Bouchard who wasn't even top 300..
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 10:12 AM   #1012
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
You seriously see her beating Minella or Panova? She just lost to Bouchard who wasn't even top 300..
And Minella lost to Yakimova and I didn't really consider Panova, but clay is her better surface. I think Schoofs is better than both, and Schoofs wasn't in bad form when Anett beat her. Just cause Anett lost to Eugenie doesn't mean she will lose to others. She obviously hit too many unforced errors against Eugenie and Eugenie has a better serve than both Minella and Panova. And Eugenie is doing well anyway Also Eugenie's match of the year was against Anett IMO And Anett has beaten Putintseva who has beaten many good players, and Ash Barty so I don't think it would be the worlds biggest upset if Anett beat them Both are way overranked. The qualifiers got unlucky draws here

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 01:16 PM   #1013
country flag chingching

Anett's draw
(1)Sheng-Nan Sun (CHN) v Anett Kontaveit (EST)
Olga Ianchuk (UKR) v Ekaterina Yashina (RUS)
Sviatlana Pirazhenka (BLR) v Ksenia Milevskaya (BLR)
(8)Ksenia Kirillova (RUS) v Lidziya Marozava (BLR)

(2)Luksika Kumkhum (THA) v Anne Kremer (LUX)
Risa Ozaki (JPN) v Sabina Sharipova (UZB)
Eugeniya Pashkova (RUS) v Daria Mironova (RUS)
(5)Alexandra Artamonova (RUS) v (wc)Yekaterina Sagitova (KAZ)

(3)Nadiya Kichenok (UKR) v (wc)Yelena Nemchen (KAZ)
Nigina Abduraimova (UZB) v Angelina Gabueva (RUS)
Makoto Ninomiya (JPN) v (wc)Alexandra Grinchishina (KAZ)
(6)Sofia Shapatava (GEO) v Sabina Kurbanova (RUS)

(4)Paula Kania (POL) v (wc)Yevgeniya Rezepkina (KAZ)
Bermet Duvanaeva (KGZ) v (wc)Anna Kechko (RUS)
Vlada Ekshibarova (UZB) v Polina Monova (RUS)
(7)Ksenia Lykina (RUS) v (wc)Dariya Berezhnaya (KAZ)

She just had to get the top seed and the hardest section
Even if she gets past Sheng-Nan, which I think she can do, she still has to get past Yashina which I expect her to but then either Kirillova or Milevskaya (Milevskaya beat Nara, Shapatava and importantly Kirillova on her way to Astana 25K SF )

Anett can get through, but I would have liked an easier draw. It's never a good thing to play the top seed in the first round in your first ITF Event above 25K. Although in her first 25K Qualifying she beat the top seed in the second round

I hope they have livescores

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 01:40 PM   #1014
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

According to the OOP she has to play 2 matches tomorrow (given she wins the first of course) - first match on center court at 9:30 and then fifth match on the same court.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/3618/op.pdf
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 01:57 PM   #1015
country flag chingching

Quote:
According to the OOP she has to play 2 matches tomorrow (given she wins the first of course) - first match on center court at 9:30 and then fifth match on the same court.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/3618/op.pdf
That is so stupid
They decided to do it over 2 days instead of 3 which is so unfair in this heat
If she wins the first, I expect her to win the second
I hope they have livescores although given the way the schedule is constructed, I doubt it
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

BTW, Anett has 4 points to defend from next week and 12 from the week after so from these 2 tournaments in order for her to break the top 400 she will need to gain around 25 points. That means that if she qualifies for Astana and wins 1 round, then even if she loses First round qualies in Beijing she will still gain 25 points

I also did some background checks on Anett's potential opponents and except for Sheng-Nan being left handed, I don't think Anett will have too many problems. Except for 2 50K QFs this year, she has lost mainly in First and Second Rounds of 25Ks and her main focus is doubles. I think Anett should qualify and the only really opposition besides Sheng-Nan is Ksenia Milevskaya who made a 25K QF last week, beating a top 150 player in Kurumi Nara.

As of next week in Beijing, the field is actually stronger in the main draw
Except for Xinyun Han and Yi-Miao Zhou who I think will both get MDWCs, Anett should get through Qualies easily
The MD features some tough Asians but hopefully she can make some good inroads

Qualies starts in 20 minutes
Hopefully livescores

EDIT: THERE ARE LIVESCORES
I will be doing my usuual point by point livescoring with emoticons in the Livescore Thread

Last edited by chingching : Jul 22nd, 2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 04:10 AM   #1016
country flag chingching

Anett loses the first set 6-0
Hopefully better in the second
It was closer than the scoreline suggests which gives me hope as she had a few GPs and 2 BPs
Let's hope she can get back on top

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 04:50 AM   #1017
country flag chingching

Anett loses 6-0 6-3
She served 9 Double Faults (4 on BPs and lost on a DF), didn't hold serve once letting many 30-30 and GPs slip by and didn't break as many times as she should have. The match was closer than it seemed and she really did look like she was going to come back at various stages but it was not to be. I am very disappointed

She choked all over the place though: BPs, GPs, 30-30 points, 30-0 Points

I hope she does better in Beijing as this was such a waste of a tournament. She could have gone deep into the MD IMO but she just couldn't win today

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 05:49 AM   #1018
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
No offence but you really need to stop overhyping her. Really, really bad scoreline today.
Sightly hypocritical from you implying that Donna Vekic is as good as she is and saying her rank is justified and also following Bojana and your comments on her. You obviously haven't seen Anett play live or watced her carefully enough on the sections of her online, or you would have realised that she is deserving of the hype I give her. She is just very inconsistent and can't play against lefties. She has these scorelines every now and then and she bounces back well. If you think this is how she normally plays, then you are Everything I said about Anett was true. She could make the QFs here. The thing in Baku was a "possible to happen" thing. Have you not seen her wins???

I do not overhype her. Today's result was unexpected to everyone, even Sheng-Nan's fans. So unless you can come up with a legitimate example where I have overhyped her and it has been ridiculous, be quiet please

And even if I do, why do you care??? It doesn't affect you!

Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 05:55 AM   #1019
country flag muusa

And yet another bagel this year? Very disappointing scoreline indeed. Yeah the draw could have been a bit better, but if you enter a 100k tournament then you should expect to beat opponents like that. Still think she should have played Astana 25k instead. Anyway, the 16 points from Finland will drop off soon enough and then she probably has no other chance than to search for weaker 25s or play some 10s again to gather more ranking points.
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 06:01 AM   #1020
country flag chingching

Quote:
And yet another bagel this year? Very disappointing scoreline indeed. Yeah the draw could have been a bit better, but if you enter a 100k tournament then you should expect to beat opponents like that. Still think she should have played Astana 25k instead. Anyway, the 16 points from Finland will drop off soon enough and then she probably has no other chance than to search for weaker 25s or play some 10s again to gather more ranking points.
I agree about the 25K. I don't think she needs to play weaker tournaments necessarily, I just think she needs to work on her consistency. This was obviously not the normal Anett so I hope she can improve for Beijing. She needs to play some 25Ks at the end of the year to get some confidence. In 100Ks, she can't afford to work her way into the tournament. What I don't understand is why she didn't have problems in Copenhagen getting into her matches but she does here. I think maybe her expectations were too high going in and she started playing well too late. Anyway, she got an unlucky draw, so hopefully she can get a better one in Beijing. If she can win a couple of qualifying matches and get herself some rhythym, then I am sure she can do well Remember she only needs to make R2 in Beijing to defend her points. it is amazing how far she has come